AKSinghSingh79

Interracial couples, post here!

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Honestly, it depends on which part of India you're visiting. The bigger, more cosmopolitan cities - you should be okay. There will be staring. You have to get used to it. It drove my husband batty. I reasoned with him that it's not every day they see a "ginger giant." He towers well over 6 feet, so he did stick out like a sore thumb while we were there. He was there for about 2 weeks and we didn't have any adverse reactions. But we mostly stuck to posh restaurants, movie theaters, malls etc. I generally advise white women not to travel alone - it simply isn't worth the risk. Dress modestly and attract as little attention as possible - which can be hard sometime. Maybe other AA women who've traveled to India can chime in? You might hear some racist remarks but honestly, it's hard for me to tell. I also do apologize on behalf of my former fellow country men. It is rather embarrassing.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone! I just wanted to swing by and let everyone who is still keeping up with this thread that my husband's visa was approved!
To recap, I am white, he is desi, we do not have any significant age difference, this is the first marriage for both of us, we have no children, and we met in person while my husband was on a J-1 visa in the US.

The interview went very smooth. We attended together and my husband was very glad I was there to support him by his side. Overall, all staff at the New Delhi embassy were pleasant and polite. Our interview lasted about 15 minutes and the CO told us my husband's visa was approved at the conclusion of our interview.

Nothing was brought up about his past F-1 denials and they did not ask for a Thai PCC (we thought they might since he lived there for 11 months). The CO focused on his previous time in the US, the time spent with my family, his time in the UK, and my relationship with his family.

It is unreal that he will be arriving soon and no more sad airport goodbyes! dancin5hr.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone! I just wanted to swing by and let everyone who is still keeping up with this thread that my husband's visa was approved!

To recap, I am white, he is desi, we do not have any significant age difference, this is the first marriage for both of us, we have no children, and we met in person while my husband was on a J-1 visa in the US.

The interview went very smooth. We attended together and my husband was very glad I was there to support him by his side. Overall, all staff at the New Delhi embassy were pleasant and polite. Our interview lasted about 15 minutes and the CO told us my husband's visa was approved at the conclusion of our interview.

Nothing was brought up about his past F-1 denials and they did not ask for a Thai PCC (we thought they might since he lived there for 11 months). The CO focused on his previous time in the US, the time spent with my family, his time in the UK, and my relationship with his family.

It is unreal that he will be arriving soon and no more sad airport goodbyes! dancin5hr.gif

Congratulations!!! I'm just sort of catching up here. Glad that everything went so smoothly for you two. I think it's great as well that you were able to attend the interview. Did you feel that your attending the interview influenced the positive outcome? Do you think everything would have been as great had you not been there? Congrats once again! I'd I would love to know about the rest of the process (POE, etc). Thanks

I am the Petitioner

Our Relationship

2013-04 - Fiance and I have first non-work related chat at work. The topic...Scotch!

2013-06 - We get better acquainted outside of work via Facebook.

2013-09-07- We're a couple!

2013-11-27- We meet in person for the first time! I travel to India and we spend 10 days together in Delhi.

2013-12 -2014-02- Sometime between December and February, we become engaged (positive now after in-person meeting luv.gif )

Our K-1 Journey

2014-02-18- I-129F mailed

2014-02-25- NOA1. Assigned to Texas Service Center.

2014-02-27- Alien registration number changed.

2014-08-12- UCSIS website updated.... RFE for more evidence of intent to marry (engagement photos, wedding announcements, deposits paid, etc). :wow:

2014-08-19- RFE response. Waiting to see what happens....

2014-09-08- I-129F APPROVED finally!!! :dance:

2014-09-12- Petition sent to NVC.

2014-09-17- 2nd trip to New Delhi

2014-12-09- Interview in New Delhi. PETITIONER ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW. Result- Approved!!!!

2015-03-20- POE Charlotte, NC

2015-03-25- Married!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations! Just read your embassy review...just curious...when did you get the documents back that you sent to NVC? I see that you had to hand over your PCC, birth cert and marriage cert before the interview with the CO....our originals are all in the NVC package as requested. So did you present copies or did you get the originals back prior and then hand them over again? Just confused with that part.

Congratulations again! Hoping I'll be experiencing that same "visa approved" excitement very soon!

event.png
04/11/13 - NOA1 for I-130
12/10/13 - NOA2 for I-130
12/20/13 - Case Received by NVC
01/17/14 - Case # & invoice # assigned (called twice per week)
01/23/14 - DS-261 available & submitted
01/24/14 - AOS payment invoiced
01/28/14 - Paid AOS fee, status "in process"
01/30/14 - AOS Fee status "PAID"
01/31/14 - IV fee invoiced & paid, status "in process"
02/03/14 - AOS Package mailed via USPS w/tracking
02/04/14 - IV Fee status "PAID", DS-260 available.
02/05/14 - DS-260 submitted, IV Package mailed via DHL w/tracking
02/06/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - DHL tracking confirms IV package arrived @NVC
02/07/14 - AOS package entered into system
02/10/14 - IV package entered into system
03/04/14 - Checklist received for joint sponsor's I-864 (requesting 2013 tax transcripts)
03/06/14 - Mailed Response to AOS checklist
03/06/14 - Received IV Package FALSE checklist
03/10/14 - USPS tracking confirms AOS checklist response arrived @NVC
03/13/14 - AOS checklist response entered into system
03/28/14 - CASE COMPLETE with checklist for corrected joint sponsor I-864 to be carried to interview.
04/02/14 - Interview Date assigned, May 13, Mumbai!
04/13/14 - Interview complete...221g given requesting I-864a from co-sponsor's spouse
04/16/14 - FedExed I-864a and evidences to Mumbai.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations! Just read your embassy review...just curious...when did you get the documents back that you sent to NVC? I see that you had to hand over your PCC, birth cert and marriage cert before the interview with the CO....our originals are all in the NVC package as requested. So did you present copies or did you get the originals back prior and then hand them over again? Just confused with that part.

Congratulations again! Hoping I'll be experiencing that same "visa approved" excitement very soon!

Hi Jill,

I should have specified that some of them were copies. The birth certificate and marriage certificate were copies since the originals were part of our NVC package. We had two originals of my husband's Indian PCC and his UK PCC. The passport office gave us two originals of the Indian PCC but if you don't have two originals, they will not give you a problem about copies. If they do, just remind them that you mailed in your only original to NVC and it should be on file with the embassy/consulate.

The most important thing to do before the interview is to get the OFC appointment done for biometrics because they will not interview you without the DS-260 confirmation page and the stamp you obtain during the OFC appointment. Also your unopened medical as well. It was sad to see many people refused on the day of their interviews because they had failed to bring either one or both of these pieces of vital information.

I've read your story and you seem to have a strong case. Best of luck!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

• 9 months later...

Hi Jill,

I should have specified that some of them were copies. The birth certificate and marriage certificate were copies since the originals were part of our NVC package. We had two originals of my husband's Indian PCC and his UK PCC. The passport office gave us two originals of the Indian PCC but if you don't have two originals, they will not give you a problem about copies. If they do, just remind them that you mailed in your only original to NVC and it should be on file with the embassy/consulate.

The most important thing to do before the interview is to get the OFC appointment done for biometrics because they will not interview you without the DS-260 confirmation page and the stamp you obtain during the OFC appointment. Also your unopened medical as well. It was sad to see many people refused on the day of their interviews because they had failed to bring either one or both of these pieces of vital information.

I've read your story and you seem to have a strong case. Best of luck!

Well first of all thanks a lot to start this thread. My wife is an american (white) & I am desi ( lol) . We met online in 2011, and 2012 we got married in singapore. That's where I live and work. On 24th February 2015, my interview has been scheduled. Quite nervous. I was actually really disturbed because recently I read in one of the thread one of VJ commented that If any indian married to non-indian woman then embassy become suspicious and there could be chances of denial. This I think is very stereotype comment and honestly I am very much offended by it, but worst part is this discourage me a lot. So I started searching threads related to where an Indian married to american / interracial marriage. Guess what ! I came across this thread and I really liked when I started reading about you guys. I hope everything goes well. Thanks again for creating this thread.

Timeline

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this thread.

Visa type: K-1
Consulate: Mumbai
Visa issued (if applicable)? Not yet in that stage
Second interview? N/A
AP? N/A
221 g issued? N/A
Gender of beneficiary: Male
Religious difference? Yes
Religious background of beneficiary: Hindu
Age Difference? No significant difference (I am one year older than him)
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): In person while we both were studying in England, I was in law school he was at the business school
Engagement Ceremony? A small informal one at his aunt's house just with her family
Traditional (Indian) Wedding Ceremony (N/A if going through K-1)? we are K1 but we plan on having the traditional ceremony later on in the year
Has beneficiary ever been to the US? Yes
Does beneficiary have relatives in the US? Yes
Family approval? Yes from his side, my family is hesitant
Co-Sponsor required? Yes
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? one year in England, 2.5 months in india, and 3 weeks his visit to USA

I plan to be there for his interview, even though I cannot be at the consulate (Mumbai consulate does not allow this) I will be waiting for him outside. I am worried they will ask about my family approval because my parents are not exactly over the moon about this, they said do what you like, it's your life :( But we have been together long distance for such a long time, and we are truly in love, and we could not keep dating long distance, we are just so ready to begin our lives together

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Consulate: Mumbai
Visa issued (if applicable)? Yes, no questions asked.
Second interview? N/A
AP? No
221 g issued? Can't remember what that is.
Religious difference? Yes, but we're both irreligious.
Religious background of beneficiary: Hindu but agnostic.
Age Difference? My wife is 7 years older than me. (At the time I was 24, she was 31)
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): At my law firm. We were both interns.
Engagement Ceremony? None
Traditional (Indian) Wedding Ceremony (N/A if going through K-1)? N/A
Has beneficiary ever been to the US? No
Does beneficiary have relatives in the US? Yes
Family approval? Yes from hers, I was kicked out of the house after revealing my relationship to my family. 3 years later my mom still won't talk to my wife. Dad and sister are are now very supportive. They'll be visiting us this winter. (They've never met her!)
Co-Sponsor required? No
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? 4 weeks at internship in India, She came back for another week and we traveled around India, met in Thailand for a week a few months later, she visited me again in India for 2 weeks all over a span of 15 months before applying for K1. She came down to the interview (I had to threaten the hotel manager with a lawsuit before being allowed to check into the same room in Mumbai but that's another story!) and was baking outside in the hot May, Mumbai sun; ended up getting severe burns and nearly got run over by a truck when she ran toward me wildly after seeing me emerge from the building with the most relaxed expression she'd seen me wear.

Petitioner Married?: Both unmarried at the time of application.

Just sent in my packet for ROC. They cashed my check. Yet to receive NOA or Biometrics appointment. Moving to the U.S. and being estranged from everyone I know took a toll on me. We plan on moving to India and then Thailand or China or Japan or the UAE or wherever for a few years once I get my US citizenship which I will be applying for August of 2016.

It was a crazy ride; getting the PCC in time in India in a city I wasn't domiciled in was probably the worst nightmare (it took countless trips to various police stations, agents etc) as also making all the submissions to the Mumbai consulate prior to the interview after they repeatedly denied getting my stuff. When I get depressed I just think back to all the we had to do for me to get here and that makes me feel instantly better. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Glad I found this thread!! We are preparing for his interview next month. My fiancee is Mauritian of Indian descent. I am white/Latina.

I sent a letter for him to take that addresses our differences in beliefs and how it does not affect our relationship. After reading the posts in the thread, I wonder if I should send one to address the differences in education. I have a Masters degree and he is a high school graduate.

Anyways here goes... ( I will come back update the info after the interview)

Consulate: Johannesburg, South Africa
Visa issued (if applicable)?
Second interview?
AP?
221 g issued?
Religious background of beneficiary: He is Hindu and I am atheist
Age Difference? I am 34 and he is 35
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): Met online in 2013
Engagement Ceremony? Nope
Does beneficiary have relatives in the US? No
Family approval? Yes, both sides of the family approve :luv:
Co-Sponsor required? Nope
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? When we met online he lived in Ireland. I spent about a month with him in Ireland over the course of two trips. He then moved home to Mauritius and I spent one month there with him and met all his family.

We are both divorced. No kids from previous marriages. My fiancee and I just have a baby boy!! His family and mine are thrilled with him.

So our red flags are:

1- I previously filled for my ex husband. He came to the US for University and got a job on an H1 B visa. We then met and eventually married. His employer's immigration lawyers asked that I petition for him at that point and I did. We were married 10 years before we divorced. I wrote a statement explaining all this when we filled for the K1 Visa. I don't think its really a red flag because we were married for so long and it was a legit relationship but we will see.

2- Different cultures and religion.

3- Our educational backgrounds are very different.

I have only read good things about the Consulate in Johannesburg and have seen VJ timelines of international couples get approved there without problems so we are very positive!! Good luck everyone!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Timeline

Hi Ya'll,

Consulate: New Delhi
Visa issued (if applicable)?. N/a
Second interview? N/A
AP? No idea what this is?
221 g issued? Just learned about this in this forum... now this is my biggest fear!
Religious background of beneficiary: He is Hindu/Christian and I am agnostic
Age Difference? 1 year
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): At graduate school in Bangkok, Thailand.
Engagement Ceremony? None
Traditional (Indian) Wedding Ceremony (N/A if going through K-1)? Planning once he can travel back to India
Does beneficiary have relatives in the US? A few distant relatives
Family approval? Yes on both sides. I lived with him and his parents for three months when I first got to India and they are extremely excited for us. They have been very understanding and accepting of us. My parents are taking this day by day and are glad to finally meet him.
Co-Sponsor required? Yes, my parents will be co-sponsor.
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? We meet during our Graduate program in Bangkok, Thailand and lived together for 10 months. We own adorable beagle, which he choose but I am one who has to deal with her all the time. We moved to Kathmandu, Nepal for six months during 2013/2014 and I moved to India in 2014/2015 for six months.

Petitioner Married?: Both unmarried.

I know this forum has spanned over the last three years and recently started up again but it has calmed me and freaked me out a little bit. I just moved back from New Delhi, India in July after living there for six months and just started the K1 Visa process. As a white female in India, I never been stared at so much in my life and it became so uncomfortable sometimes I never left my apartment. When we used to go out together as couple and the stares were unbearable by the end of my trip I was at the stage of I dont give a f**k let them stare. I am hoping that once we move here, that we can just feel comfortable to walk down the streets holding hands.

I never thought us being an interracial couple would be a problem for the K1 visa interview because I thought by this day in age this was normal and I am hoping we get a CO who thinks that too. I was wondering how couples handling being interracial in the states and how their husband transition? I am so worried about him having a hard time here like I did in India.

Well I am hoping in seven months, I can tell you that our visa process was smooth and approved.

Cheers,

Sara

Edited by Sara N Abhishek

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, Linny and I are waiting on the Delhi Embassy to send her (I guess it's Packet 4? Basically we're waiting to hear that they received the case from the NVC, actually e-mailed them today since it left the NVC on August 12th and they haven't forwarded her the documents yet) We're a bit nervous, mainly from hearing all the horror stories on here.

Visa type: K-1 Fiance Visa
Second interview? N/A
AP? N/A
221 g issued? N/A (Definitely fearing this, though having read that my attending the interview greatly ups her chances I'm far less concerned than I was before)
Gender of beneficiary: Female
Religious difference? Not really, we're both Christian (non practicing)
Religious background of beneficiary: N/A
Age Difference? No significant difference (She is one year older than me) (27 and 28)
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): Online through gaming on Steam.
Engagement Ceremony? None, we realized at the very end of my three week visit last year that we wanted to marry, both being non practicing Christian we didn't see much of a need for fanfare of our engagement.
Traditional (Indian) Wedding Ceremony (N/A if going through K-1)? No, She's Mizo, so they don't do Traditional Indian Wedding Ceremonies.
Has beneficiary ever been to the US? No, She wanted to come visit me back in 2012, when we first met, but they turned her down for a Visitors Visa unfortunately.
Family approval? Yes from both sides, mostly. My family is very approving, in fact they're acting as my co-sponsors (I'm not above the poverty level). Her family isn't quite as approving. Her oldest Sister approves, and her other sister also likes me quite a bit, her dad is less enthused, but doesn't seem to hate me.
Co-Sponsor required? Yes. I can't possibly afford this alone, so both my parents are acting as my Co-Sponsors for this process.
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? We've met in person back in October to November of 2014. Three weeks in total. I'm actually back in India and living with her and her sister now though, while waiting for the Embassy to send us the packets for the next step of the process. There's no way I'd let her go through this "final" step alone after all the nasty stories I've read here.

If anyone has any advice for us we'd greatly appreciate it!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

I could not edit my original post. Here is my update.

Glad I found this thread!! We are preparing for his interview next month. My fiancee is Mauritian of Indian descent. I am white/Latina.

I sent a letter for him to take that addresses our differences in beliefs and how it does not affect our relationship. After reading the posts in the thread, I wonder if I should send one to address the differences in education. I have a Masters degree and he is a high school graduate.

Anyways here goes... ( I will come back update the info after the interview)

Consulate: Johannesburg, South Africa
Visa issued (if applicable)? Yes!!!
Second interview? no
AP? no
221 g issued? no
Religious background of beneficiary: He is Hindu and I am atheist
Age Difference? I am 34 and he is 35
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): Met online in 2013
Engagement Ceremony? Nope
Family approval? Yes, both sides of the family approve :luv:
Co-Sponsor required? Nope
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? When we met online he lived in Ireland. I spent about a month with him in Ireland over the course of two trips. He then moved home to Mauritius and I spent one month there with him and met all his family.

We are both divorced. No kids from previous marriages. My fiancee and I just have a baby boy!! His family and mine are thrilled with him.

So our red flags are:

1- I previously filled for my ex husband. He came to the US for University and got a job on an H1 B visa. We then met and eventually married. His employer's immigration lawyers asked that I petition for him at that point and I did. We were married 10 years before we divorced. I wrote a statement explaining all this when we filled for the K1 Visa. I don't think its really a red flag because we were married for so long and it was a legit relationship but we will see.

2- Different cultures and religion.

3- Our educational backgrounds are very different.

I have only read good things about the Consulate in Johannesburg and have seen VJ timelines of international couples get approved there without problems so we are very positive!! Good luck everyone!

Update:

Everything went well. :joy: The CO did not ask about any of our "red flags". No mention of our different race or cultures! The Johannesburg consulate is great.

Good luck to all!!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Visa type: CR1 (to be applied)
Visa issued (if applicable)? n/a
Second interview? n/a
AP?
221 g issued? n/a
Religious background of beneficiary: On paper only. He is Hindu (not practicing - he is more of an atheist) and I am more of a Buddhist.
Age Difference? Female petitioner 20 years older (yeah, you read that correctly) :rolleyes:
Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): Online via a fitness app (and ahem, I contacted him, not the other way around!)
Engagement Ceremony? No
Traditional (Indian) Wedding Ceremony: Civil + family/friend ceremony in the States at a later
Has beneficiary ever been to the US? No (his tourist visa was denied twice)
Family approval? Beneficiary - Indian/no, but from the Petitioner/yes
Co-Sponsor required? No
How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? Petitioner three trips totaling 110 days

Additional:
Has the petitioner or beneficiary ever been married? Petitioner/Yes Beneficiary/No
Did the petitioner attend the interview: Yes I will when we get our interview date

Help needed. please someone tell me....

Anyone else in our shoes? Indian beneficiaries with families that do not approve or are adjusting to the news? The honest truth is, both sides will need some adjusting time and we do not want to sugar coat things and say that everyone is "happy" and agreeable about this. Help :cry:

Timeline

Hi folks, and welcome new people to this thread! Just stick with it, don't be intimidated or afraid, be organized, take the advice of those who have been there before, and you will reach your goal.

A huge thank you to everyone who gave me this same advice. My husband's 2 year permanent resident card arrived in the mail yesterday. Now we can relax for some time before worrying about the next step.

Nikkie

I am the Petitioner

Our Relationship

2013-04 - Fiance and I have first non-work related chat at work. The topic...Scotch!

2013-06 - We get better acquainted outside of work via Facebook.

2013-09-07- We're a couple!

2013-11-27- We meet in person for the first time! I travel to India and we spend 10 days together in Delhi.

2013-12 -2014-02- Sometime between December and February, we become engaged (positive now after in-person meeting luv.gif )

Our K-1 Journey

2014-02-18- I-129F mailed

2014-02-25- NOA1. Assigned to Texas Service Center.

2014-02-27- Alien registration number changed.

2014-08-12- UCSIS website updated.... RFE for more evidence of intent to marry (engagement photos, wedding announcements, deposits paid, etc). :wow:

2014-08-19- RFE response. Waiting to see what happens....

2014-09-08- I-129F APPROVED finally!!! :dance:

2014-09-12- Petition sent to NVC.

2014-09-17- 2nd trip to New Delhi

2014-12-09- Interview in New Delhi. PETITIONER ATTENDED THE INTERVIEW. Result- Approved!!!!

2015-03-20- POE Charlotte, NC

2015-03-25- Married!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Consulate: Yaounde

Second interview? N/A

AP? N/A

221 g issued? N/A

Gender of beneficiary: Female

Religious background of beneficiary: Catholic

Age Difference? Male petitioner (me) 20 years older than female beneficiary

Method of meeting (online, in person, etc): In person while I was working in Cameroon

Engagement Ceremony? Yes, scheduled for later this month

Traditional Wedding Ceremony (N/A if going through K-1)? N/A

Does beneficiary have relatives in the US? Yes- cousins

Family approval? Yes from both sides

Co-Sponsor required? No

How much time has petitioner spent with beneficiary in person? Dated in Cameroon several months, subsequent visits of two weeks in 2013, another two weeks in 2015.

Red flags: I am white, she is black. I am 20 years older. She is Catholic, I'm an agnostic Mormon.

Wish there were a generic inter-racial marriage thread, comments from all stages of relationship.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.