ChristinaandVarun

Husband growning impatient with the process

50 posts in this topic

I understand exactly where you are coming from. We are going CR1 route and have been apart for over a year and it is hard. In marriages where you see each other everyday there are trials and tribulations and many couples wonder if they will survive, it's not unique to long distance relationships and I don't think it's realistic to say "true love will conquer all". We too have good days and bad days, I am 18 days out from leaving and am still stressed that I'm doing the right thing. All you can do is have faith that once you are together all the things you love about each will come flooding in and make the transition easier. good luck xxx

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi,

here's my story, i've met my wife in June of 2010 in NJ, we spent whole summer together and then she left to Russia on September 27th. I then went to see her in February of 2011 for almost 3 weeks and then she returned back to US (work and travel visa) on May of the following year. That year we decided to get marry and we ddid it by the end of summer. She had a ticket back to Russia departing on Sep 13th that's when we sent our info to USCIS.

I received confirmation receipt on Sep 30th of 2011. Since then i was checking on my status over USCIS web site everyday. Dec 30th i went back to Russia for 2 weeks to see her and then got back here. it was so painful to wait for results to get thru so i just found another job and start working more hours to occupy my free time. We've been skyping every day since i came back and for the previous years as well... after 6 months of no result i start worrying more that something 's wrong with my case so i finally called and spoke to customer service (USCIS) and results were proven so quick. In about 2 weeks i received notice from NVC, it took them another 20 days of so to create our Case Number. Since then, i've been calling them an sending letters and payments almost every week. The only ting is that you have keep them calling so that the process won't slow down. i just sent my AOS along with her visa papers last friday. Now we are waiting for completion of case and interview.

i thought we would never make it, but with hope and our mutual support through SKYPE we ll make it (hopefully by the end of summer)

My advise is to encourage yourself and do not give up, this process isn't easy but think of future and how you guy will be together, make plans etc. just don't let your mind play tricks on you.

Good Luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Every one of us is dealing with something similar. It's been 7.5 months since I've seen my husband. We got our NOA2 after 187 days, so you're not so badly off yourself.

OMG! Divs! Tomorrow is POE!!! So Happy for you!

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

WOW and imagine the people who are separated for more than year because their husband or wife is sent to war and faces being killed every day. I hope none of their wives/husbands are talking like this. My father went overseas in November 1942 nd did not come back for three years. Good thing the generation at that time was not like this one.

For better for worse...til death do you part...unless it takes 7 months for a piece of paper to be processed. The hurdles of life are far more difficult than waiting for a piece of paper to be stamped and maybe it is a good thing to expose such weaknesses. The visa is nothing really, compared to caring for a family.

Good luck.

Judge much?

Don't worry OP. It WILL all be worth it soon. We all have times of weakness. Stick it out! If you love them, you owe it to them AND yourself. That and remember your vows.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.