9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just brought my fiancee here on K1 and we will get her SS card in next couple of weeks and then shortly thereafter MARRIED!!! Can someone give me some other timelines I am up against. I have been reading here when getting our K! but now need info for the next part. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all congrats on coming to the US. Make sure you are married before the 90 days are up. Once married I think you have to apply for an AOS and send it in before the 90 days are up.

Edited by kennard

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Once married I think you have to apply for an AOS and send it in before the 90 days are up.

Nope - you do not have to send it before the 90 days are up. The only requirement is to get married within the 90 days of entry to the US.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations Bill and Eve!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I just brought my fiancee here on K1 and we will get her SS card in next couple of weeks and then shortly thereafter MARRIED!!! Can someone give me some other timelines I am up against. I have been reading here when getting our K! but now need info for the next part. Thanks

We just mailed the AOS package in today. She and the kids arrived first week in August 2011. People will try to scare the S&^% out of you by warning you that ICE will pounce on you after the 90 days are up. My wife and kids were out of status for 3 months and no arrests here. Get married and make a good effort to get the AOS package mailed prior to 90 days. If you don't get it done, don't worry about it. The k-1 visa is for you to get married within 90 days of arrival. That is it!!

event.png

event.png

We just mailed the AOS package in today. She and the kids arrived first week in August 2011. People will try to scare the S&^% out of you by warning you that ICE will pounce on you after the 90 days are up. My wife and kids were out of status for 3 months and no arrests here. Get married and make a good effort to get the AOS package mailed prior to 90 days. If you don't get it done, don't worry about it. The k-1 visa is for you to get married within 90 days of arrival. That is it!!

I agree...but also remember to file before your medicals expire. It's very expensive to have it re done here. Congrats and welcome & i wish you guys all the best.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Timeline

Don't forget to take pictures too, especially on your wedding day. I'll be useful for AOS interview.

K-1 Timeline

2-01-2011 > Mailed 129F

02-09-2011 > NOA1 email & SMS notification

02-12-2011 > NOA1 hardcopy received via mail (official date on NOA1 is 02-07-11)

05-17-2011 > NOA2 email & SMS notification (approved in 99 days from NOA1 date)

06-06-2011 > Got MNL case number

06-08-2011 > Paid Visa fee @ BPI bank (scheduled interview appointment online the same day)

06-13 & 14-2011 > 2-day medical exam

07-08-2011 > Received Letter of Eligibility

08-02-2011 > USEM Interview (rescheduled from July 18) - APPROVED!

08-11-2011 > Visa issued (accdg. to USEM email inquiry; 9 days from interview date)

08-15-2011 > 2go site showed Visa is already in transit

08-16-2011 > Visa received! (10 working days from interview date)

08-22-2011 > CFO Seminar

09-02-2011 > POE: SFO

AOS Timeline

10-13-2011 > Obtained marriage license

11-17-2011 > WEDDING

11-18-2011 > Sent AOS packet (with AOS & EAD)

12-01-2011 > Received hard copy NOA 1 for AOS & EAD

12-10-2011 > Received biometrics letter for 12-29

12-29-2011 > Biometrics taken

01-09-2012 > Letter for Request for Initial Interview received scheduled on Feb. 8

01-20-2012 > EAD status - Document/Card production

01-26-2012 > Accdg. to USCIS site: "We mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION."

01-28-2012 > EAD card arrives

02-08-2012 > AOS interview - APPROVED!

02-11-2012 > Welcome Notice received

02-13-2012 > Card production ordered

02-14-2012 > Green card mailed

02-18-2012 > Green card arrives

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: Welcome to USA!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Yes must get married in 90 days. You want to file you AOS before your medical expires. Medical is good for 1 year.

Also just a side note.

When you file AOS there is not need to fill out the I-693 form. Just make a copy of the DS-3025 form and send it with the package. USCIS will have the vaccination and TB result already. Customs takes those result and forwards them to USCIS. So when you file, they will match up your package with the medical results.

Once again Congratulations!!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.