_Simpson_

Fox anchor suspended for sexist slur against Danica Patrick

11 posts in this topic

Comments

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY

Updated 5h 59m ago

CAPTIONBy Mark J,. Rebilas, US Presswire

Remember Ross Shimabuku, the Fox 5 San Diego sports anchor who apologized after implying a sexist slur about NASCAR driver Danica Patrick on the air? Turns out he'll be a little lighter in the wallet.

The TV station tweeted Shimabuku was suspended for a week without pay for his comments about Patrick before her Sprint Cup debut in Monday's Daytona 500.

Shimabuku didn't like the "sexy and she knows it" way that Patrick carries herself. So he stopped just short of calling her a "b----" on air last week. Shimabuku posted a video apology. But it didn't work. The original clip went viral.

In it, Shimabuku started off by calling Patrick a "pretty girl" who makes a lot of "money in sponsorships because of it. But what's not attractive is that she's sexy and she knows it."

He then cut to a video clip of Patrick at NASCAR Media Day complaining the media always describe female athletes such as herself as "sexy."

"Is there any other word that you can use to describe me?" she asks, while a Fox headline underneath reads: "Danica Patrick. I'm sexy and I know it!"

Cut back to Shimabuku on the set who retorted: 'Oh, I've got a few words… Starts with a 'B', and it's not 'beautiful." Patrick "always has a chip on her shoulder, trying to prove something," he added.

CAPTIONBy Rob Schuamcher, Gannett

Patrick and fitness guru Jillian Michaels co-starred in a racy Super Bowl ad for sponsor GoDaddy.com in which they apply body paint to a seemingly nude model.

One of Shimabuku's colleagues wondered why Patrick does the GoDaddy ads if she's trying to lose the "sexy" label?

Maybe Patrick's trying to have it both ways, suggests Shimabuku: "What she says and what she does, two totally different things."

link

------------

She isn't complaining when she is making millions from her Godaddy commercials.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Comments

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY

Updated 5h 59m ago

CAPTIONBy Mark J,. Rebilas, US Presswire

Remember Ross Shimabuku, the Fox 5 San Diego sports anchor who apologized after implying a sexist slur about NASCAR driver Danica Patrick on the air? Turns out he'll be a little lighter in the wallet.

The TV station tweeted Shimabuku was suspended for a week without pay for his comments about Patrick before her Sprint Cup debut in Monday's Daytona 500.

Shimabuku didn't like the "sexy and she knows it" way that Patrick carries herself. So he stopped just short of calling her a "b----" on air last week. Shimabuku posted a video apology. But it didn't work. The original clip went viral.

In it, Shimabuku started off by calling Patrick a "pretty girl" who makes a lot of "money in sponsorships because of it. But what's not attractive is that she's sexy and she knows it."

He then cut to a video clip of Patrick at NASCAR Media Day complaining the media always describe female athletes such as herself as "sexy."

"Is there any other word that you can use to describe me?" she asks, while a Fox headline underneath reads: "Danica Patrick. I'm sexy and I know it!"

Cut back to Shimabuku on the set who retorted: 'Oh, I've got a few words… Starts with a 'B', and it's not 'beautiful." Patrick "always has a chip on her shoulder, trying to prove something," he added.

CAPTIONBy Rob Schuamcher, Gannett

Patrick and fitness guru Jillian Michaels co-starred in a racy Super Bowl ad for sponsor GoDaddy.com in which they apply body paint to a seemingly nude model.

One of Shimabuku's colleagues wondered why Patrick does the GoDaddy ads if she's trying to lose the "sexy" label?

Maybe Patrick's trying to have it both ways, suggests Shimabuku: "What she says and what she does, two totally different things."

link

------------

She isn't complaining when she is making millions from her Godaddy commercials.

In the Soviet Union you could say stuff like this on the radio or TV and not get suspended.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can't insinuate the B word on public T.V and not have repecussions.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

And this news story is a perfect example of that and why we need to do something about the PC nonsense that is running rampant in this country. There was really nothing wrong with what he said, she does meet the definition of what most people would consider a B. I loved how the woman news anchor in the video is trying to defend her by saying that its not easy being a pioneer...yada ya. There have been other woman in Nascar, just none of them would of been worth seeing in a bikini.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why? What's so bad about the B word other than the government making a big deal about it?

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Why? What's so bad about the B word other than the government making a big deal about it?

What does this have to do with the government? He was suspended by his employer. The employer likely did this over the potential of losing viewers in a very competitive industry. What happened Paul? You usually support the employers right to do things like this.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What does this have to do with the government? He was suspended by his employer. The employer likely did this over the potential of losing viewers in a very competitive industry. What happened Paul? You usually support the employers right to do things like this.

I didn't address what Faux did. I simply addressed what the previous poster stated.

You might want to re-read what I was responding to and my response.

The B word, just like the "F" word, etc.. all all words that are watched by the FCC based on their use, the amount of times used, and the time of day used... Which can possibly lead to a large fine if they find that it was used too much. That's all I'm referring to.

The B word you can usually get by with once or twice, but starting throwing it around.. and it's a different story.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I didn't address what Faux did. I simply addressed what the previous poster stated.

You might want to re-read what I was responding to and my response.

The B word, just like the "F" word, etc.. all all words that are watched by the FCC based on their use, the amount of times used, and the time of day used... Which can possibly lead to a large fine if they find that it was used too much. That's all I'm referring to.

The B word you can usually get by with once or twice, but starting throwing it around.. and it's a different story.

I know, but all he said is there would be repercussions, which there were. Doesn't matter whether anyone agrees or disagrees or even cares about the "B word". Whatever the FCC decides to do or not do, has nothing to do with the employers decision to suspend him. The employer made a business decision. They care about their business.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

He didn't say a bad word. So.... whats the problem?

If I was him there's no way I would've apologized. I would've said, "I meant what I said and I stand by it. Danica Patrick aint no race car driver. She's a half-way decent swimsuit model that happens to pose on cars every now and then. Too bad she doesn't actually know how to drive them."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Half way decent swimsuit model? This is very bangable to me.

Sure, she's very bangable.

But, at the end of the day, she's an average girl in good shape. More of a Hometown Hottie as opposed to the models usually featured on the cover.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"