Speeds03

Short Videos of How To Fill Out or Sort the I-129F Packet

23 posts in this topic

I was wondering why no one hasn't thought of this? A visual image speaks louder than words - when it comes to this stuff. So how come VisaJourney members haven't done an official youtube channel for short and straight to the point videos to help people fill out all these different types of forms. Also, videos on how to, for example: assemble a I-129F packet the correct way, how to keep petitions short with all the required evidence, for faster approvals, and etc...

Is there a specific reason why VJ admins haven't done an official Youtube channel for videos like this? And if this were to be applied, who would be willing to spend some time to make some videos? These videos could be submitted to Admins of this wonderful site, and then added to the VJ youtube channel. This would extremely help out TONS of people. If I would have seen a short video on how to quickly assemble a I-129F packet, I would have sent my petition maybe 2 months earlier. It is just a thought, so what are your opinions on this?

Edited by Speeds03

Nov 14, 2011 - I-129F packet sent.

Nov 15, 2011 - Packet received and signed by (J. Authur)

Nov 18, 2011 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Mar 02, 2012 - NOA2 (Notice by text message and Email) [Took 105 days]

Mar 07, 2012 - NOA2 Hard copy arrived by mail.

Mar 19, 2012 - NVC recieved my case.

Mar 20, 2012 - NVC fowarded my case to US embassy in DR.

April 05, 2012 - DOS gave us our interview date. (May 14th)

Dec 20, 2012 - I-485 packet sent.

Dec 21, 2012 - Packet recieved and signed by (...)

Dec 27, 2012 - NOA1 (Notice by text message and Email)

Jan 6, 2013 - NOA1 (Hard copies by mail)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Visa journey does have filled out example forms for access in visual help on filling out the forms. Not sure a video would be any better than the actual forms filled out and free for access.

Moved your question to site related discussion because your topic is really more asking about the site providing videos and not about K-1 process/procedure questions.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Timeline

I prefer a written guide.

If I would watch a video, I would have to write down everything that is required to send within the packet - so why double the material already available to us?

Buy hey - if that's the way you like it, go ahead and post some videos - I will definately watch them.

Maybe there are people here who'd prefer a visual :)

Good Luck :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It might apply do the ones having difficulties sitting down and reading page up and page down about something specific, or when it's a matter of the practical "how do you gather the entire packet". Otherwise I'd prefer the written guides since it's easier to return to some of the info when referring to it, or needing the info myself.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I think as far as filling in forms, specific information needed etc it wouldn't work, but as an additional visual presentation for "How to best assemble the petition" - type of clips, files to use etc it could be useful. There would need to be reminders to check guides thoroughly etc.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

I prefer a written guide.

If I would watch a video, I would have to write down everything that is required to send within the packet - so why double the material already available to us?

Buy hey - if that's the way you like it, go ahead and post some videos - I will definately watch them.

Maybe there are people here who'd prefer a visual :)

Good Luck :thumbs:

"If I would watch a video, I would have to write down everything that is required to send within the packet - so why double the material already available to us?" - That certainly would be a waste of video. Because there are written down instructions that detail what you will need for a specific form. I was addressing to a video more like for example: The way you should organize your I-129F packet, and certain things like that, which are better to grasp in a visual form IMO.

Sure, there are written examples. Not for every form, but there are nontheless. You have people that spend sooooo much time digging in different threads or looking at one plain written example, just to fill out ONE form. Now imagine a simple 8-10min video showing you exaclty what to write down. I am certainly the kind of person that perfers a visual example.

About doing a video myself, hmmmm... I don't know, I could certainly try, but i'm sure there are skilled people in this big community that would man-handle that like butter :rofl::dance: It is a good idea though...

Edited by Speeds03

I think videos would be a good idea. Lately I've seen a lot of people reluctant to read thought the instructions (although after you do read them, it is fairly easy) .... But some people can absorb info better via video or tutorial like that. It wouldn't hurt and it may decrease the broken record of questions about the same thing over and over " how do I fill out an I130/I129f " (since they opted not to look at the guide tab)

Married: 6/17/11

I-130 Sent: 7/9/11

NOA1 : 7/14/11

I-129F Sent: 7/21/11

NOA1: 7/21/11

NOA2: 8/22/11

NVC Received: 8/24/11

NVC Left: 8/26/11

Consulate Received: 9/5/11

Packet 4 Received: 10/4/11

Medical Done: 11/7/11

Interview: 11/23/11

Approved: 11/23/11

Changed to CR1: 12/16/11

Medical Re-Done: 1/5/12

Waiting for Issuance of Visa.........

I think videos would be a good idea. Lately I've seen a lot of people reluctant to read thought the instructions (although after you do read them, it is fairly easy) .... But some people can absorb info better via video or tutorial like that. It wouldn't hurt and it may decrease the broken record of questions about the same thing over and over " how do I fill out an I130/I129f " (since they opted not to look at the guide tab)

Exactly my point. Most of the threads are simple repeats. Simple over looked questions, misunderstandings and etc...

It's not rocket science.

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Whatever medium is used, it is always going to be open to interpretation and special circumstances of each individual. That is why this site is useful - the more posts you read the more aware you become of the need for this type of opportunity to ask questions. So a visual would need to be an additional option, and probably best suited to the presentation aspects - just IMO.

Rather than repeat what others have already asked (hundreds of times in some instances), you can always do a search first and look for some recent posts. Maybe people ask because they dont realise it is a common question or whether the answer will be different depending on the beneficiary's country etc. It takes a little while to become familiar with these aspects sometimes.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Considering yes many many people refuse to read the guides and things that are already in place - whats going to make someone click the video guide button and open that up and look for the correct video they need to watch for what they are currently needing to do?

Could very well be another time consuming venue for someone to create videos that the majority will not even bother to look at and then people will end up adding " Please read the guides and see the videos that are made available to help you " just as usual.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

As a teacher, I know that people learn in many different ways. You can't expect everyone to learn the same way. Written form for many is "easy". However, I can almost guarantee you that a good amount of English-Language Learners would find watching a video easier than reading a language they are just becoming accustomed to. This goes for packet assembling, different visa-types, green card, etc. A simple "HOW-TO" video will make a difference. People shouldn't be afraid to implement new things to this site. It's a great site, but it can always get better.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

As a teacher, I know that people learn in many different ways. You can't expect everyone to learn the same way. Written form for many is "easy". However, I can almost guarantee you that a good amount of English-Language Learners would find watching a video easier than reading a language they are just becoming accustomed to. This goes for packet assembling, different visa-types, green card, etc. A simple "HOW-TO" video will make a difference. People shouldn't be afraid to implement new things to this site. It's a great site, but it can always get better.

Thank you, that is very true!

Considering yes many many people refuse to read the guides and things that are already in place - whats going to make someone click the video guide button and open that up and look for the correct video they need to watch for what they are currently needing to do?

Could very well be another time consuming venue for someone to create videos that the majority will not even bother to look at and then people will end up adding " Please read the guides and see the videos that are made available to help you " just as usual.

Im pretty sure that if there is a video, along with written instructions on the same page in this site, relating to a certain form, that people would certainly take 10mins of their time to watch it, before asking a common/simple question. If it isn't a negative add-on, why not add it? it will with out a doubt help a whole lot of people. No matter how it is viewed, it would be an addition to the current knowledge of this very helpful website :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I'd be open to facilitating and integrating into the website. :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.