George77

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am currently in the States on a k-1 fiance(e) visa. My wife is an American citizen and we got married within 90 days from my arrival in the States and we are currenlt filling for my adjustment of status. I read that this process takes a lot of time. Does this mean that when my k-1 visa time exprires I have to go back to my country, while our application is pending?

Thank you for your help

G

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO, Your fine.... You meet the requirements of the Visa and Married in less than 90 Days. You are not in any trouble. Your fine.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Oh my goodness! No...if that were the case, I think all of us here on Visa Journey would need some serious medication! LOLOL. You're good, you wait that process out HERE with your loved one...thank God :blush::thumbs::D

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

Oh my goodness! No...if that were the case, I think all of us here on Visa Journey would need some serious medication! LOLOL. You're good, you wait that process out HERE with your loved one...thank God :blush::thumbs::D

Thanks a lot guys, now we can breaaaaaaaaaaathe :)

take care

G

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your visa allowed you to enter the US 1 time, and to meet the visa obligation you had to marry within 90 days. It sounds like you've met your visa obligation and you are now legally inside the US as long as you want. There is nothing else you HAVE to do.

However, until you file for an adjustment of status, you cannot legally leave the US and re-enter, you cannot legally work, and (in many states) you can't get a driver's license or state issued ID card. You are basically in limbo and will remain that way until you file for, and receive, an adjustment of status.

But you can remain in that limbo indefinitely, and totally legally. In my case, we will file for adjustment of status as soon as possible after the wedding as my fiance would like to: work, drive, get out of and into the US if necessary, and eventually file for US citizenship. All of those things hinge on the adjustment of status (AOS).

Congrats!

Timeline

another (silly perhaps) question.....when i finally get my green card, does this automatically give me the right to work? I read somewhere that at the same time i can file for I-765 for EAD and maybe get a work permit much earlier than my green card.....

thanx again

G

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

another (silly perhaps) question.....when i finally get my green card, does this automatically give me the right to work? I read somewhere that at the same time i can file for I-765 for EAD and maybe get a work permit much earlier than my green card.....

thanx again

G

You should apply for AOS/EAD/AP all at the same time. You will get your EAD/AP approved before your AOS and your EAD will allow you to work while you are waiting for your AOS. Once you receive your two-year green card, that replaces the EAD/AP card.

thanks again for all the info guys......my most honest wishes for health, love, tolerance and prosperity for all of you

G

That's lovely of you. :star:

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.