Mr. Big Dog

A Silent Romney Would Be a Better Romney

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I think you should re-read the opinion. What the author discusses is Mitt Romney's clear inability to find a way to connect with voters. He fails even with the Republican base, let alone the general electorate. That's what the opinion is about. It has nothing to do with Obama. That's your obsession talking.

Hmmmm.perhaps. What is my personal obsession?

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Timeline

Dude, take a deep breath. This forum is called Politics and Religion and is notorious for posts riddled with political commentary. Singling out the ones you don't agree with is being selective.

More melodrama? Why is it you think I need to take a deep breath? :huh2:

Yes, this is a political and religious posting area.....clear. I posted a response to a post that caught my interest. What's the problem?

Edited by xebec

Filed: Timeline
1) So the man is anti-abortion. He, like nearly half the country, is against what they understand to be the taking of an innocent human life...

Half the country? Santorum believes abortion should be illegal in all cases. 14% of the country agrees with that. That's a far cry from nearly half. Even among Republicans it's only nearly half of half - i.e. nearly a quarter that supports his position on that issue.

Quinnipiac Survey on Abortion

Do you think abortion should be legal in all cases, legal in most cases, illegal in most cases or illegal in all cases?

• Legal in all cases 22%
  • Legal in most cases 33%
  • Illegal in most cases 25%
  • Illegal in all cases 14%

Among Republicans

• Legal in all cases 12%
  • Legal in most cases 21%
  • Illegal in most cases 37%
  • Illegal in all cases 24%

Timeline

Half the country? Santorum believes abortion should be illegal in all cases. 14% of the country agrees with that. That's a far cry from nearly half. Even among Republicans it's only nearly half of half - i.e. nearly a quarter that supports his position on that issue.

Quinnipiac Survey on Abortion

Do you think abortion should be legal in all cases, legal in most cases, illegal in most cases or illegal in all cases?

• Legal in all cases 22%
  • Legal in most cases 33%
  • Illegal in most cases 25%
  • Illegal in all cases 14%

Among Republicans

• Legal in all cases 12%
  • Legal in most cases 21%
  • Illegal in most cases 37%
  • Illegal in all cases 24%

True enough. Many would see his stance on this particular issue as rather unyielding, and I'm sure it will hurt his candidacy. Just because only 14% of Americans agree with his stance on this, however, does not mean that he and these fellow-travellers are advocating a return to medieval monasticism.

Another poll:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

Edited by xebec

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

More melodrama? Why is it you think I need to take a deep breath? :huh2:

Yes, this is a political and religious posting area.....clear. I posted a response to a post that caught my interest. What's the problem?

What gets your goat about this political commentary other than you think it's biased? NSS. If you want to go on a political bias, dragon-slaying crusade here in this forum, I suggest you look through each and every political thread and you'll find your dragons.

donq.fr.crop.GIF

Timeline

I think you should re-read the opinion. What the author discusses is Mitt Romney's clear inability to find a way to connect with voters. He fails even with the Republican base, let alone the general electorate. That's what the opinion is about. It has nothing to do with Obama. That's your obsession talking.

He fails with the Republican base because they don't trust him.

And....

But with a voice that continually fails him, Romney's approaching battle with the masterful speaker President Barack Obama looks like an increasingly insurmountable challenge. The silent film star Valentin from "The Artist" will likely be in our thoughts for some time to come.

Indicates strongly that the writer has a dog (no pun intended) in the fight. "Masterful speaker?" Really? Obama the flub-meister?

What gets your goat about this political commentary other than you think it's biased? NSS. If you want to go on a political bias, dragon-slaying crusade here in this forum, I suggest you look through each and every political thread and you'll find your dragons.

donq.fr.crop.GIF

Ha ha..... didn't you just chastise me about melodrama earlier?

Did the mods assign you to police my posting activity?

Filed: Timeline
Indicates strongly that the writer has a dog (no pun intended) in the fight. "Masterful speaker?" Really? Obama the flub-meister?

You may like or dislike Obama. But when it comes to debating, Obama will have Mitt for breakfast. I'm actually looking forward to that match-up. Don't get me wrong, Mitt might still win in November. But it's becoming ever more of a long shot. His standing with the general electorate is deteriorating - and fast - the longer the GOP primary fight drags on. Obama's standing has improved quite dramatically over the past couple of months. And it will continue to improve as long as Mitt mud-slings, flip-flops and gaffes his way to the GOP nomination without even beginning to connect with John and Jane Doe.

Intrade has Obama's re-election odds at slightly over 60%.

chart13304960489918040.png

Edited by Mr. Big Dog