jedgrl

lost noa2 - is it really required for aos?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi ladies and gents! :)

I'm currently in the process of arranging my AOS (from K1) application.

I'm stuck at the copy of NOA2.

My fiance misplaced it and we don't have any copies of it.

Is it absolutely necessary to send in a copy of the NOA2 with the AOS application?

Is there any document we can substitute for it?

Thanks for any response!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is it absolutely necessary to send in a copy of the NOA2 with the AOS application?

Thanks for any response!

If you have read the instructions, NOA2 is one of the required documents you need to send to adjust status.

If you misplaced it you can file an I-824 to receive a duplicate copy via mail but I have heard it costs about 400 dlls so you might want to dig in your entire house to make sure you definitely don't have it anymore. Good luck!

K1 visa
Filed I-129: Dec 3rd 2010
Interview: July 6th 2011 APPROVED!

AOS
Filed: Oct 4th 2011
AOS Interview: Feb 7th 2012 - RFE sad.png
AOS Approved: Feb 9th - without sending RFE
Green Card received: Feb 17th smile.png

ROC

Filed: Nov 13th 2013

Approved: March 13th 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I lost my Noa2 too but i didn't have to pay $400. You go to USCIS website and computer screenshot of the approval (I129-F), print it out and attach it with Noa1, the case number on Noa1 and the computer screenshot match together

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for any response!

Yes it's absolutely necessary but sending a copy of the NVC letter has worked for many people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On our case, we havent received any NOA2.. It's true that u have to pay $400 just for a copy of it. What we gonna do it to attach our NOA1, screenshot from USCIS website and letter from Embassy that I am eligible for interview..

We will also do an infopass to immigration office near us.

You can also read this to have more info on what to do.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248800-missing-noa2-for-aos/

Goodluck!

I-129F/AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F TIMELINE

07/01/2011 - MAILED I-129F

07/07/2011 - NOA1 - PRIORITY DATE

08/17/2011 - RECEIVED HARD COPY OF NOA1.. IT TOOK 1 MONTH TO RECEIVED DUE TO USCIS SENT IT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS..

11/16/2011 - WEBSITE STATUS: PETITION APPROVED! :)

11/23/2011 - SENT DOCUMENTS TO USEM

12/19-20/2011 - MEDICAL EXAM @ ST. LUKE'S - PASSED! :)

01/06/2012 - SCHEDULED OF INTERVIEW. VISA APPROVED! :)

01/20/2012 - VISA ON HAND AND TAKE CFO SEMINAR

01/22/2012 - SCHEDULE OF FLIGHT.. MNL-JPN-USA!! WELCOME TO AMERICA!!! :)

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE

03/13/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

03/25/2012 - Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

03/21/2012 - Received email and text, Acceptance of all forms for AOS/EAD/AP

03/22/2012 - Checks cashed by USCIS

03/26/2012 - Received all NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

03/29/2012 - Received biometrics appointment letter..

04/23/2012 - Done with biometrics..

05/07/2012 - EAD / AP APPROVED!

05/10/2012 - EAD Card Production on USCIS Website.. :) Finally!!

05/10/2012 - AOS UPDATE ON WEBSITE: WITH SCHEDULE OF INTERVIEW

05/11/2012 - USPS PICKED UP EAD/AP CARD AT USCIS

05/14/2012 - EAD On Hand!

06/13/2012 - AOS interview.. APPROVED!

06/21/2012 - Green card on hand. TGBG.!

On our case, we havent received any NOA2.. It's true that u have to pay $400 just for a copy of it. What we gonna do it to attach our NOA1, screenshot from USCIS website and letter from Embassy that I am eligible for interview..

We will also do an infopass to immigration office near us.

You can also read this to have more info on what to do.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248800-missing-noa2-for-aos/

Goodluck!

You might also want to do a search one last time at the most unlikely places...wish you luck

Edited by S_R

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

This has come up a few times within the last month. I know one person gave some feedback on an almost non-costly way which worked - compared to spending 405 dollars on a pice of paper. They must use Koa tree or something for paper :blink: . Going to an infopass appointment, have them print out a letter and attach that to the AOS. I'll see if I can find the post.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Here you go; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/353607-no-noa2-to-send-with-aos/page__view__findpost__p__5173108

I know someone actually came back to VJ and gave feedback after having been through it(first hand experience is greater IMO). Although you can always try to just print out the email notification and other documents as some have suggested already. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.