JasmineNguyen

Notice of Interview Date

17 posts in this topic

Thank you Nancy for your fast reply!! Also,congratulations on ur case :)

So that means even if I get a SSN right now Imma have to change it later after I got my GC.

Hmm, might as well wait for the interview then apply for SSN. I'm just worry that they would not decide on the spot and need to review the case further more -__-. I heard sometimes it takes months after the interview.

Yes, it happened to my cousin, he wouldn't get the approval until about 2 years later because of pending "further inspection." and they never re-interviewed or anything. He was in Jacksonville, he extremely exhausted back then. It is rare but hopefully it won't happen to anyone again. The annotation is fine with lots of employers but some make it big. Either way is good. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I just got approved for my AOS!

YAY, I'm so excited and want to thank all of you VJers. We did not have a lawyer so most of the stuffs we know is from learning from you all!! This is such a helpful forum :)

Anyways, here is how it went:

We got to the location 30 mins before the appointed time (1:30). The place was empty, in fact, we were the only couple waiting in the huge waiting room. Roughly around 1:40, a gentlemen in his 50 called my name and lead us to his room. He did not introduce himself or anything. We sat down and my husband started putting all the folders on the table, so I told him to put them on the floor instead, he followed. The guy smiled and joked that I was the controlling one in the relationship. My husband joked around that he always says "yes, hunnie". We all laughed. The gentlemen asked me how old I am. I said 23, then he started telling us about his daughter who is around the same age, bla bla bla.

Anyways, he went through some infos that we filed on G325 (both my husband and me), Yes/No questions on I485. We chit chat a lot of off-topic issues, such as his experiences when he was a cop (20 yrs), his pension, how he will spend it (it was weird but because my husband works in finance/business so they clicked right away). We even talked about the mega jackpot of $500 millions or how ever much it is, lol. He asked if we had any extra docs that we wanted to show; we gave him some bank statements, new lease paper, more phone bill. He asked for pictures we took with families. He then asked who was in which pics, etc. we joked around some more...

Then he closed his folder, pulled out other folders. He then took out the approval paper and put it in our folder, said congrats, tell me about renewal etc.

During the entire interview, he keeps telling me that my husband is a good guy, lol. When he walked us outside, another officer asked him how everything was, he said "I had a good couple right here" :)

I'm so happy!

Thank you everyone again and good luck to you all!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.