JasmineNguyen

Notice of Interview Date

17 posts in this topic

So, I just received the appointment notice for an interview for March 29, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Our application was received on January 12. My biometric was done on February 14. And now the interview is March 29; which would make the entire process complete in less than 3 months :o

We did not have any RFEs. We have one change of address on February 20. And I haven't received any notice for AED or AP.

Have anyone had a similar situation? Is it too fast? I'm in SJ, CA by the way.

Woah, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time >.<

P/S: Big thanks to all the VJers for your help :)

Ours was longer but it does happen that fast sometimes if your local office is processing things quickly! You may end up with your green cars before you receive AP or your EAD. Consider it a good thing! :)

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

So, I just received the appointment notice for an interview for March 29, 2012, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

Our application was received on January 12. My biometric was done on February 14. And now the interview is March 29; which would make the entire process complete in less than 3 months :o

We did not have any RFEs. We have one change of address on February 20. And I haven't received any notice for AED or AP.

Thats great-congrats!! any tips for any of us pre-filers? Did you provide lots of evidence of your marriage?

06/25/12-2 Year Green Card Approved

05/13/14-Mailed ROC

05/15/14-NOA Receipt Date

05/19/14-Check posted to account and NOA received in mail

So today, I received text messages saying EAD card is in production and AP is approved. Does anyone know how long does it take to have the card in hands? Even though I might not need it for long considering my interview is the end of the month, it would be good to have it so I can get SSN. Is it different if I get SSN with EAD or just wait till AOS is approved?

@chimcham:regarding evidences for marriage, we submitted:

Marriage certificate

Joint bank account statements (both personal and business because he puts me as a cosigner for his business account)

Family phone bill

Costco family membership

His life insurances with my name as the beneficiary

Rental agreement with our names

Car insurance with our names

Pictures since when we started dating till now (with friends, families, wedding pics, etc)

I think that's about it. We didn't get any RFEs :)

So today, I received text messages saying EAD card is in production and AP is approved. Does anyone know how long does it take to have the card in hands? Even though I might not need it for long considering my interview is the end of the month, it would be good to have it so I can get SSN. Is it different if I get SSN with EAD or just wait till AOS is approved?

Marriage certificate

Joint bank account statements (both personal and business because he puts me as a cosigner for his business account)

Family phone bill

Costco family membership

Pictures since when we started dating till now (with friends, families, wedding pics, etc)

You're gonna receive like 3-4 texts until you receive "USPS has picked up the mail with your new card..." then you will receive it 2 days later. Total time is 8 9 days. Yeah you can apply SSN with the EAD card, the sooner the better.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

Mine was really fast too, applied in Dec and was all done before the end of Feb, it's not that unusual if you local office isn't backlogged ie NYC

I waited to get a SSN because I had my interview letter before I got my EAD and it made no sense going twice in less than 6 weeks to get 2 cards for me.

B1/2 overstay

i-130/i-485 mailed 12/05/2011

Biometrics- 01/03/2012 (rec letter dec 18th)

EAD card arrived- 02-08-2012

Interview and Approved- 02-21-2012

GC in hand 02-29-2012

76 days from Dec 8 to Feb 21

Mine was really fast too, applied in Dec and was all done before the end of Feb, it's not that unusual if you local office isn't backlogged ie NYC

I waited to get a SSN because I had my interview letter before I got my EAD and it made no sense going twice in less than 6 weeks to get 2 cards for me.

What do you mean by 2 cards? Even after AOS approval, you don't have to change the SSN that you got with EAD, correct?

Thanks Nancy for your info :)

Filed: Other Timeline

Marriage certificate

Family phone bill

Costco family membership

I was in the same situation. look at my timeline. CONGRATS!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Symply_Me Looking at your timeline did they not question your motives when arriving in the US. You appear to have got married very quickly. We've read a lot about the whole 60/30 rule?

9-1-90 Met future wife I was High School Exchange Student

12-1-10 Worked in FL and spent a week in VA and met old "friend"

2-13-11 Back to VA to spend time with "friend"

10-13-11 Back again to spend more time together

12-24-11 Proposed

12-31-11 Married

1-11-12 VWP expired, still waiting on certified marriage copy

1-14-12 Mailed AOS i-485,i-130 package to Chicago Drop Box

1-16-12 Confirmation of package receipt from USPS

1-20-12 Email and Text received from Chicago

1-21-12 Cheque cashed! (Didn't hang around with that one!)

1-24-12 I-797s received in mail *4 (in 4 envelopes (explain that logic!))

2-03-12 RFE received Tax return 2011

2-03-12 RFE received for income levels

2-09-12 RFE returned

2-13-12 Biometrics letter received

2-24-12 Biometrics appointment Norfolk, VA (in and out in under 5 minutes!)

3-13-12 Email notice that I-131 and I-765 (AP and EAD) approved and production under way

3-21-12 Combo card (AP and EAD)received in mail

4-08-12 Notice of AOS Interview May 9th at Norfolk, VA office

5-09-12 Interview at Norfolk, VA. Case recommended for approval

5-09-12 Email received confirming case has been approved!

5-17-12 2 year green card received via USPS

Filed: Other Timeline

Symply_Me Looking at your timeline did they not question your motives when arriving in the US. You appear to have got married very quickly. We've read a lot about the whole 60/30 rule?

not one word, nothing. I read about that rule too, but this is more important concerning your actual application. because it does take you a while until you have all forms together, especially since you didn't have the intent to get married. that means getting your birth certificate, shot records, papers filled out.

my interview was easy, he only asked us one question: did you bring photos? he did not wanna see any originals & we talked a lot about my husbands job (he was very interested) I guess, that's why it was pretty easy. we had nothing to hide. plus, my husbands job is very important. he could get into big trouble doing something which is not allowed & the person who interviewed us said that from the beginning too, that they aren't concerned about him, because they don't get ppl doing what he does in the office very often. so I guess, I got lucky.

sorry, that I am not straight forward about him, but I promised my husband not to be so personal in this forum. I registered, to help ppl out.

but don't worry, if you are honest and filled out the forms right, there's no reason to get denied.

ps: we got married quickly yes, but it was on a already planned Halloween trip to Vegas :)) just us two. there's nothing more spontanous than that.

Edited by Symply_Me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding SSN.

I recently got my EAD; my interview is in 2 weeks. I'm debating whether or not I should apply for a SSN right now with the EAD card or wait until after the interview.

One of my friends said that if you don't have a SSN by the time you interview, USCIS would give you one. Does it mean you don't have to apply for SSN but it just come together with the green card?

If I get a SSN right now with my EAD card, do I need to change it once my AOS is approved (like different number, type of SSN, condition SSN?).

Thank you!!!

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding SSN.

I recently got my EAD; my interview is in 2 weeks. I'm debating whether or not I should apply for a SSN right now with the EAD card or wait until after the interview.

One of my friends said that if you don't have a SSN by the time you interview, USCIS would give you one. Does it mean you don't have to apply for SSN but it just come together with the green card?

If I get a SSN right now with my EAD card, do I need to change it once my AOS is approved (like different number, type of SSN, condition SSN?).

Thank you!!!

If you apply for it right now, you will have an annotation "Valid with DHS permission." If you have no rush for work then wait until the GC arrives (it might take a while if you won't got approval right away.) What you friend mentioned is for CR-1/IR-1 immigrant visa, they will have GC/SSN in the mail few weeks after they arrive in the US. Good luck and you need any help feel free to let me know.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Thank you Nancy for your fast reply!! Also,congratulations on ur case :)

So that means even if I get a SSN right now Imma have to change it later after I got my GC.

Hmm, might as well wait for the interview then apply for SSN. I'm just worry that they would not decide on the spot and need to review the case further more -__-. I heard sometimes it takes months after the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.