11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

why is it that all these people that sent theirs a month ago to the same vermont center i did but yet everyone is getting approve so quickly, it's not fair :( :'( I want my NOA2

Edited by Micha_1992

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
:cry: it could be worse... you could of been waiting since July/August like some people have

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

why is it that all these people that sent theirs a month ago to the same vermont center i did but yet everyone is getting approve so quickly, it's not fair :( :'( I want my NOA2

Waiting is much worse when your past six months like me! :(

But since ur applying for fiance it wouldnt take as long as spouse so your good

Goodluck...

USCIS STAGE

8/22/2011: NOA1 EMAIL(never received a hardcopy nor txt)

3/23/2012: NOA2 EMAIL!!!! :D

3/28/2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE

4/09/2012: NVC Recieved

4/24/2012: Got NVC Case# and Invoice ID#

4/25/2012: Sent DS-3032 email and Paid AOS fee

4/26/2012: AOS fee showed "paid"

5/2/2012: Sent AOS Package and NVC accepted DS-3032 email

5/4/2012: Received and Paid IV fee

5/7/2012: Sent IV Package

5/14/2012: Case Complete at NVC!

6/6/2012: NVC Left!!

Beirut Lebanon Consulate

7/11/2012: Interview!!

Result: My husband is put in Administrative processing :(

8/17/2012: Embassy called my husband to bring the pasport for the visa!! :D

Filed: Country:
Timeline
But since ur applying for fiance it wouldnt take as long as spouse so your good

Really?

So current processing time for I-129f is less than current processing time for I-130? Looking at just the Vermont Service Center they are both reporting as 5 months.

I just have to call this out as I've been hearing this same mantra on VJ for 3 years but in truth the Petition Processing Times are identical.

K-1s do skip the NVC (well just pass through it really) whereas a good CR/IR Case can complete the NVC process in 6 weeks (we did) and have an appoint already scheduled before our casefile gets to the Embassy.

So there is your difference, K-Visa casefiles spend a week at NVC.

What to you get for that 5 weeks being shaved off your NVC processing? You get to wait another 6 months after filing to Adjust Status in the US at the cost of $1070 whereas my wife was issued a greencard upon arrival (okay it was mailed but she had it in hand in 2 weeks) without any further processing needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Really?

So current processing time for I-129f is less than current processing time for I-130? Looking at just the Vermont Service Center they are both reporting as 5 months.

I just have to call this out as I've been hearing this same mantra on VJ for 3 years but in truth the Petition Processing Times are identical.

K-1s do skip the NVC (well just pass through it really) whereas a good CR/IR Case can complete the NVC process in 6 weeks (we did) and have an appoint already scheduled before our casefile gets to the Embassy.

So there is your difference, K-Visa casefiles spend a week at NVC.

What to you get for that 5 weeks being shaved off your NVC processing? You get to wait another 6 months after filing to Adjust Status in the US at the cost of $1070 whereas my wife was issued a greencard upon arrival (okay it was mailed but she had it in hand in 2 weeks) without any further processing needed.

Your probably right because Im no expert with this stuff... Im just saying what I have noticed as well as what other people have been telling me

In california service center they are way ahead on k1 then the CR/IR cases, so basically I just thought that was my proof for everyone saying that they really are faster... but anyways who know what goes on in those service centers right?

:)

USCIS STAGE

8/22/2011: NOA1 EMAIL(never received a hardcopy nor txt)

3/23/2012: NOA2 EMAIL!!!! :D

3/28/2012: NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE

4/09/2012: NVC Recieved

4/24/2012: Got NVC Case# and Invoice ID#

4/25/2012: Sent DS-3032 email and Paid AOS fee

4/26/2012: AOS fee showed "paid"

5/2/2012: Sent AOS Package and NVC accepted DS-3032 email

5/4/2012: Received and Paid IV fee

5/7/2012: Sent IV Package

5/14/2012: Case Complete at NVC!

6/6/2012: NVC Left!!

Beirut Lebanon Consulate

7/11/2012: Interview!!

Result: My husband is put in Administrative processing :(

8/17/2012: Embassy called my husband to bring the pasport for the visa!! :D

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Your probably right because Im no expert with this stuff... Im just saying what I have noticed as well as what other people have been telling me

In california service center they are way ahead on k1 then the CR/IR cases, so basically I just thought that was my proof for everyone saying that they really are faster... but anyways who know what goes on in those service centers right?

USCIS's CSC processing times are similar to VSC, 5 months for K and 6 months for CR/IR. But again those are the numbers that the Service Center is putting out there.

FWIW, All of the I-130 Petitions I filed were processed in 4 months or less (2 were filled in April of 09, 1 in April of 11). I've seen both I-130 & I-129f Petitions approved in less than 2 months and also taking more than 8 months over that past 3 years.

I have come to believe that most immigrant petitions get processed in roughly the same amount of time and it's the Service Center you use that determines how fast more than the petition.

For us the decision to go the Spousal route had nothing to do with saving a few weeks. She wanted the security of being married sooner and I wanted to avoid the hassle (including the expense) of Adjusting Status for TWO immigrants after they arrived.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can relate. It's very disconcerting to see people who filed way after you get NOA2 (and some have even had interviews and on their way to the U.S.) If my husband and I planned on going with the USCIS 'guidelines' we'd be in Montreal for our interview by now.

We just have to wait and be patient, I know easier said than done.

USCIS- 260 Days

6/8/11~ Mailed I-130 Application, withdrew Canadian PR application
6/16/11~ NOA1 email and text message Case routed to CSC (Priority Date)
7/12/11~ The 'Money Order' Incident/Returned to Tennessee
8/03/11~ TOUCHED!
3/2/12~ APPROVED! NOA2!

NVC Electronic Processing- Montreal- 19 Days

3/21/12~ Received case number & IIN 20 Days after NOA2
3/21/12~ Sent in opt-in email
3/22/12~ Opt-in accepted
3/23/12~ DS-261 Submitted, never accepted
3/29/12~ AOS bill invoiced and paid
3/30/12~ AOS shows PAID- AOS Package emailed/received, DS-3032 emailed/accepted
4/2/12~ IV bill invoiced and paid
4/3/12~ AOS Checklist documents emailed(first time)
4/4/12~ IV shows PAID- DS-260 submitted/ IV Package emailed/received
4/4/12~ AOS Checklist documents sent again for CYA (second time)
4/5/12~ IV package accepted! No Checklists!
4/6/12~ AOS Checklist emailed(third time)
4/9/12~ AOS packet accepted (finally)
CASE COMPLETE!!

Interview 354 days from NOA1/ 362 days from initial filing date
5/29/12~ Medical@ Medisys, Montreal
6/4/12~ Interview APPROVED!!!
08/07/2012~ POE Emerson, MB/Pembina, ND by land
08/09/2012~ HOME!! 424 days from initial filing date!
08/14/2012~ SSN Received
09/10/2012~ Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.