champi

Documents referring to you and your spouse

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey VJ members,

I am guessing this question has been probably asked before but I could not easily find any threads so I apologize if this is duplication but greatly appreciate your time and feeedback.

In the 'Documents referring to you and your spouse' section, there are bunch of documents listed such as IRS transcripts, mortgages, bank documents, etc. How much do I need to send from this? Or, the other way to ask is, is following documents enough for to support 'Documents referring to you and your spouse' requirement?

1. Last 3 years of IRS tax transcript (2008, 2009, 2010)

2. 2 joint checking account bank statements per year for past 3 (total of 6 statements)

3. Registration of Deed for the house we bought together last year (mortgage is only on my name so it's not 'referring' to both of us)

4. Yearly joint stock account statement (3 statements for last 3 years)

We don't have any kids so nothing related to that. There are other things I could add such as 401k beneficiaries, joint auto insurance, joint AAA account, etc. but I am not sure if these type of things are necessary if I am already including the major financial mingling documents mentioned above.

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello champi, it sounds like you and I are at the same step in this process. I'm also planning to submit benefit statements since I claim my husband as a dependant, life insurance statements, and rental insurance (since we don't own).

Good luck!

Edited by Justdazed

Officially a citizen. My journey took 6 years, 6 months, and 29 days

ruler1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Would define the N-400 three year marriage as a combination of both the AOS and ROC stages, when I first saw the N-400, they asked us all these same questions before, just opened those files and use a copy and paste operation with some minor one year updates.

Same with evidence, like proving you were free to marry, have a marriage certificate, spouse is a US citizen plus all of that joint ownership and paying bills and taxes together. If you purchased a home without your spouses name on it, could be a very strong reason for denial. Happened to a friend.

One easy solution is to forget about that three year and wait another two years before applying.

Timeline

Your list is quite solid, I don't imagine it would hurt to include some bills that are addressed to 1 or both at the same address or a photocopy of both your driver's licenses at the same address (although that doesn't demonstrate financial co-mingling). Beneficiaries on financial items such as the 401K is a good idea as well.

I personally did not go overboard - quality over quantity ;)

Hey VJ members,

I am guessing this question has been probably asked before but I could not easily find any threads so I apologize if this is duplication but greatly appreciate your time and feeedback.

In the 'Documents referring to you and your spouse' section, there are bunch of documents listed such as IRS transcripts, mortgages, bank documents, etc. How much do I need to send from this? Or, the other way to ask is, is following documents enough for to support 'Documents referring to you and your spouse' requirement?

1. Last 3 years of IRS tax transcript (2008, 2009, 2010)

2. 2 joint checking account bank statements per year for past 3 (total of 6 statements)

3. Registration of Deed for the house we bought together last year (mortgage is only on my name so it's not 'referring' to both of us)

4. Yearly joint stock account statement (3 statements for last 3 years)

We don't have any kids so nothing related to that. There are other things I could add such as 401k beneficiaries, joint auto insurance, joint AAA account, etc. but I am not sure if these type of things are necessary if I am already including the major financial mingling documents mentioned above.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

If you purchased a home without your spouses name on it, could be a very strong reason for denial. Happened to a friend.

I purchased a home without spouses name and don't fear denial over that. It boiled down to me being able to get pre-certified for a big mortgage in about 10 minutes. Wasn't going to lose out on the house or pay a higher rate because spouse was new immigrant with no job and no credit history. Didn't have months to dally around when I qualified by myself with a letter faxed to me after a phone conversation. No way that one single item would be reason to deny.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I purchased a home without spouses name and don't fear denial over that. It boiled down to me being able to get pre-certified for a big mortgage in about 10 minutes. Wasn't going to lose out on the house or pay a higher rate because spouse was new immigrant with no job and no credit history. Didn't have months to dally around when I qualified by myself with a letter faxed to me after a phone conversation. No way that one single item would be reason to deny.

Totally agree - My name was originally not on our mortgage or the deed due to my lack of credit history. There's a perfectly legitimate reason for not being on them and is easily explained.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I totally agree! My name is not on our mortgage because my credit history when we bought the house was non existent. We're not gonna bother with re-financing just to please USCIS. IMHO for Naturalization, you don't have to provide truckloads of financial co-mingling evidence/s unless the IO doubts the authenticity of your marriage. Just my two cents.

Edited by pepper

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I totally agree! My name is not on our mortgage because my credit history when we bought the house was non existent. We're not gonna bother with re-financing just to please USCIS. IMHO for Naturalization, you don't have to provide truckloads of financial co-mingling evidence/s unless the IO doubts the authenticity of your marriage. Just my two cents.

Is this actual experience or an opinion, if an opinion, I totally agree, my friend was in the Milwaukee field office and in the state of Wisconsin, getting married already lets your spouse own half of everything you have. They did approve of my friend finally, when a letter of bank was brought in stating that to add her name to the deed would require refinancing of the home and a copy of our state statue regarding marriage ownership.

With her experience, and to avoid that since my home was already paid off, added my wife to my deed, darn attorneys wanted $500.00 for that. Worse part was finding the form, attorneys keep that locked up, but found one. Filled it out myself took it to our register of deeds with ten bucks, basically sold my home from me to me and my wife. And the register of deeds stated, everything was perfect, commented that attorneys make many errors. Filling out the state tax form was a brain twister, but since I was selling my home to myself, no taxes had to be paid.

But even with that and everything else we had, her b!tch of an IO wanted even more, like a worthless joint utility bill, but that also happened to a friend in the Chicago office, even with her name on the home deed. Also from her experience, got one of those and my wife surprised her b!tch when she pulled it out.

But a lot depends upon your IO. With my wife, thought we were going to Africa, with my stepdaughter, thought we were applying to China, neither IO could speak English very well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you guys for all the feedback and replies.

For the home stuff, since my husband's name is already on the deed, I can simply explain in the cover letter why his name is not in mortgage note (same reason as many of you have pointed, non-existing credit history). All the utility bills are on his name because most of them do not allow 2 names. I'll go ahead and add a 401k beneficiary documents since we already have it.

Frankly, I am not overly worried about getting delayed in process if they ask for more proof, he already has 10 years to go before green card expires so there is no immediate concern of him falling into illegal status.

Again, thanks for the info!!!

IR-5 - for Mom
------------
08/27/2012 - Sent Application
08/28/2012 - NOA1 date
08/31/2012 - Received email from USCIS saying the package is accepted
09/11/2012 - Received a letter saying case transferred Lee's Summit, MO
02/15/2013 - Received an email saying case is approved
02/22/2013 - I-130 NOA2 hard copy received

NVC Journey
--------------
02/18/2013 - NVC received the case
03/11/2013 - NVC case # assigned
03/12/2013 - Petitioners' email corrected, Beneficiary's email added
03/13/2013 - DS3032 received
03/13/2013 - DS3032 email sent (was sent before the we received the DS3032)
03/13/2013 - AOS fee invoiced and Paid (shows In Progress)
03/14/2013 - AOS fee shows PAID
03/14/2013 - AOS package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/15/2013 - AOS package delivered to NVC on 03/15/2013 at 10:06:00
03/19/2013 - Re-sent DS-3032 email with Supervisor Review on subject
03/21/2013 - DS-3032 accepted
03/22/2013 - IV fee invoiced and paid
03/25/2013 - IV fee shows PAID
03/25/2013 - IV package sent (overnight next-day delivery)
03/26/2013 - IV package delivered to NVC on 03/26/2013 at 10:04am
03/27/2013 - AOS accepted
04/08/2013 - IV checklist found out by phone - NVC lost our marriage certificate sad.png
04/09/2013 - IV checklist email received
04/16/2013 - IV Checklist response mailed - new Marriage Certificate

04/16/2013 - Case Complete (they found our first marriage certificate during supervisor review??)
04/17/2013 - NVC received IV Checklist response
04/23/2013 - Case Complete email from NVC

05/13/2013 - Medical

06/03/2013 - Interview

Thank you God!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.