reecy

Is this going to be a problem at the interview???

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ahhhh hehe okay. lol cuz in the US Embassy in Manila, we are required to have our CENOMAR during our interview. And we don't have divorce here. hehe :) And if they pull up the USC (sponsor)'s history, they'll be able to see if he/she has been previously married though, right?:)

event.png

Ahhhh hehe okay. lol cuz in the US Embassy in Manila, we are required to have our CENOMAR during our interview. And we don't have divorce here. hehe :) And if they pull up the USC (sponsor)'s history, they'll be able to see if he/she has been previously married though, right?:)

Nope. We don't have a central marriage registry. Do you think Ghana tells the US when US Citizens marry there? Nope.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is a good opportunity to remind everyone to avoid referring to each other as "husband" & "wife" in actual e-mails or messages, and also to check the TITLES of e-mail and chat logs to ensure that those words aren't there, either. Gary's post above is excellent advice.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

are we talking about the evidence for the interview or for the evidence that was sent along with the I-129F package? If it's about the evidence that was sent along with the I-129F package, then we're in trouble.lol cuz my fiance asked me to scan a copy of our snail mails but I only scanned the envelope (without stamp though) and he wrote there... "I love you wifey" lol I hope we're not in trouble T_T

Edited by kcir-is-love

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

are we talking about the evidence for the interview or for the evidence that was sent along with the I-129F package? If it's about the evidence that was sent along with the I-129F package, then we're in trouble.lol cuz my fiance asked me to scan a copy of our snail mails but I only scanned the envelope (without stamp though) and he wrote there... "I love you wifey" lol I hope we're not in trouble T_T

ANY! Anything you send to USCIS is forwarded to the consulate. And considering that emails are not required for the I-129f it would be REALLY silly to have trouble over something that never could have done you any good anyway.

You are applying for a visa that REQUIRES you NOT to be married. WHY would you refer to each other as "Husband/wife" ???????????????????????? You are NOT husband/wife, but no one knows that unless you tell them. Good grief.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hi!! I just wanna ask, during the interview, the applicant is required to have a proof of singlehood right? like the CENOMAR or certificate of no record of marriage.. and in the I-129F form, there's a question there regarding previous marriages and whatsoever, I can't remember. But anyways, if they pull up the sponsor's information during the initial review process, they should have records about the sponsor's previous marriages.. right? Given the evidence of singlehood during the interview, would it still be a red flag if in case the applicant presented such evidence (calling wifey or hubby) lol cuz they should put more weight on authentic and government issued certificate like the certificate of no record of marriage.. hehehe I'm just asking though hehe :)

NO There is no central registry of marriage. Countries do not share that information, and most do not even have it to share. You could be married and there would be no reocrd of it they could see. Then they deny the visa and you have to prove you are NOT married. Yeah, good luck with that. Usually it means you have to get married (really) and start all over and that is if you are not banned for life for visa fraud...that happened to another couple and their thread is running right now in this forum.

They only they go by is what YOU say and you have said you are married! That's what "wifey" means.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

CENOMAR does not exist in most other places. It is not required in many countrys to have a paper that says you are free to marry. It is VERY bad to call a fiance(e) your husband or wife when you are not married. They can deny you on just seeing that alone and say you are married.

There is no such requirement in Canada for any kind of certificate of no marriage or CENOMAR.

Philippines may be the only place in the world that has it. I have not heard of it anywhere else. Ukraine stamps a persons internal passport with their marital status IF they report their marital status to the government. They are supposed to, but guess what, many people do not. Shocking, I know.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

everyone here can review the thread "How can a K-1 misrepresentation denial be overturned" Thread running right now in this forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346279-how-can-a-k-1-misrepresentation-denial-be-overturned/

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Philippines may be the only place in the world that has it. I have not heard of it anywhere else. Ukraine stamps a persons internal passport with their marital status IF they report their marital status to the government. They are supposed to, but guess what, many people do not. Shocking, I know.

We have something like that in France: they handwrite your marriage information on your original birth record (date, place, name of spouse). Needless to say, they require a full copy of the original birth record to get married. Foreigners have to provide a certificate of celibacy (my husband had it done at the American Presence Post in our city).

USEM Paris also requests a full copy of the birth cert at the interview (so they can actually see the mentions of all marriages and divorces). However it does not cover the case of French citizen who marry abroad and don't report their marriage in France.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

We have something like that in France: they handwrite your marriage information on your original birth record (date, place, name of spouse). Needless to say, they require a full copy of the original birth record to get married. Foreigners have to provide a certificate of celibacy (my husband had it done at the American Presence Post in our city).

USEM Paris also requests a full copy of the birth cert at the interview (so they can actually see the mentions of all marriages and divorces). However it does not cover the case of French citizen who marry abroad and don't report their marriage in France.

CR1 Visa

USCIS STAGE: 16 days No expedite request but USC residing abroad
NVC STAGE: 19 days from case # to case complete
EMBASSY STAGE
03/27/12: interview - APPROVED
04/12/12: POE San Diego

ROC
12/19/14: received reminder letter from USCIS to file for ROC
01/15/14: sent I-751 application

05/14/14: received card production notification by e-mail, approval date 05/13

Naturalization

02/01/24: N-400 submitted online; Biometrics reuse notice received immediately online; "case being actively reviewed" after a couple hours

02/09/24: received NOA1 by mail

02/10/24: received biometrics reuse notice by mail

04/08/24: interview scheduled for 05/14. Received "We have taken an action in your case" email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many Nigerian couples marry but because it is rumored that K1's are either faster/easier they try to do a K1. If the consulate sees emails where they call each other husband and wife they get denied. Ghana tends to be a lot like Nigeria in consulate mindset. A big red flag.

Seconded,I know someone that got denied for this reason

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: Timeline

My guess is that it's at least to some extent country specific. Some consulates are just nicer than others. A consulate in a high fraud country will immediately suspect fraud, while a "friendly consulate" in a low fraud country may give you the benefit of the doubt, or at least give you a fighting chance. Even a "friendly consulate" would seriously question this.

I would not expect the embassy in Ghana to take this lightly.

Do not under any circumstance send them those emails and logs. It'll only hurt your case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is very serious and should NOT be taken lightly. Couples are routinely denied K-1 visas because something like this tipped off the CO and made them believe the couple was married.

If you want to see how serious this matter is, read my topic, "How can a misrepresentation denial be overturned?"

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Mucho big issue, do not do this. Do not give any of these to immigration. Their have been denials for this, please be careful.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.