w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

U.S. quietly gives drug importing from Canada OK

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

With congressional Republicans getting hammered on the campaign trail over whether Americans should be allowed to import prescription drugs from Canada, the government has quietly ended seizures of imported medications.

Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., on Tuesday released a Department of Homeland Security statement saying that U.S. Customs and Border Patrol officials were dropping a November 2005 policy of seizing mail orders of U.S.-manufactured pharmaceuticals from Canada, where they are sold more cheaply.

[...]

"Effective Oct. 9, Customs and Border Protection officers will no longer process non-controlled drugs under the November 2005 guidelines and, instead, will refer these interdictions to the Food and Drug Administration for eligibility determinations," the statement read.

This language, according to Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Lynn Hollinger, means the agency is returning to its previous policy, under which there were essentially no seizures.

"This is a huge victory," Nelson said in a statement his office issued.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/nation/conten...anadadrugs.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

The policy of siezing these was rather idiotic anyway--as it was easy to bypass by just asking an acquaintance to buy many of the medications (sold OTC in Canada), or an acquaintance in Canada to mail them (not the same as mail-order).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Damn Gupt... for a minute there I thought I had a new import cash crop to think about... but you actually talking medicine not recreation :angry:

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Damn Gupt... for a minute there I thought I had a new import cash crop to think about... but you actually talking medicine not recreation :angry:

me too..i was off to the great white north to get some ...#######! you mean like claratin...? damn, back to tijuana

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Timeline

My in-laws once commented to me about the "dangerous drugs" being imported from Canada to poor seniors in the US. They actually believed Bush's rantings about how dangerous all of it was, because it hadn't been approved or inspected by the FDA.

Of course, most of the stuff sold in Canada is made by the same pharma companies as here in the US, and go back and forth all the time. Same product either side of the border :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Of course, most of the stuff sold in Canada is made by the same pharma companies as here in the US, and go back and forth all the time. Same product either side of the border :P

But oft, different price as OTC (lower) in Canada vs prescription (higher price by pharma recovered either from consumer or HMO/PPO). :P :P

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.