Sheri&Carl

New to this

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I met 3 years ago in a chat room. Became an "online Couple" in January 2004. Met in person Nov 3 2004 2 week stay in UK. Feb 21, 2005 3 week stay in UK. Sept 7 2005, another 2 week stay. Feb 2006, another 2 week stay and finally Spet 18, 2006 another 2 week stay. He is coming here for 3-4 weeks over Christmas. We plan to start the K1 process as soon as my divorce is final. Any advice and or words of encouragement, since after reading Visa info I am very discouraged.

Filed: Timeline
My fiance and I met 3 years ago in a chat room. Became an "online Couple" in January 2004. Met in person Nov 3 2004 2 week stay in UK. Feb 21, 2005 3 week stay in UK. Sept 7 2005, another 2 week stay. Feb 2006, another 2 week stay and finally Spet 18, 2006 another 2 week stay. He is coming here for 3-4 weeks over Christmas. We plan to start the K1 process as soon as my divorce is final. Any advice and or words of encouragement, since after reading Visa info I am very discouraged.

WHy are you discouraged? It's not a short process necessarily but it's not hard if your case is straightforward.

Have a look around here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Read the guides to get some good information.

Good luck.

K-1 Journey*

Nov 2004 Met in Recife

02-01-06 I-129F Sent to VSC

04-26-06 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

05-18-06 Eliana arrived in New York

07-22-06 Married in Las Vegas!!!!!

AOS/AP Journey*

07-25-06 I-485 and I-131 Sent to Chicago

08-18-06 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

10-06-06 AP Approved

10-11-06 AOS Approved (without interview)

10-20-06 Green Card Received!! Done until July 2008

01-27-07 Second Wedding (in Brazil)

I-751 Journey*

07-09-08 I-751 Sent to VSC

09-16-08 Biometrics Appointment (Completed)

02-25-09 Transferred to CSC

03-20-09 Approved (without interview)

03-27-09 Emily is born!!!

04-07-09 Green Card Received!!

11-18-11 Lucas is born!!!

N-400 Journey*

12-15-11 N-400 Sent to Texas

02-09-12 Biometrics Appointmnet (Completed)

03-21-12 Interview (Approved)

03-21-12 Oath Ceremony

PROCESS IS DONE!!!!!!

*See Profile for detailed list of all dates

Welcome to VJ and just make sure that one of you (if not both of you) is eager to do lots of research. The more you know the easier you sleep (and honestly, once you send the initial petition off - a huge weight is lifted.)

Best advice - don't get swallowed up in the process (advice passed on to me by another member). This process is a drop in the bucket. Your relationship is still what needs the most attention.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

Yeah I think I will be on research duty, but I'm up for it. Keeps me occupied. I am so glad I found this site. I plan on reading all the guides, then getting the forms, then filling them out, just for practice. I'm only worried that the divorce will somehow stop them from approving us. I do know that leaving him at the airport like I did yesterday is heart wrenching and i don't know how many more times I can do it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to VJ! This is an awesome site where you'll find a plethora of information and encouragement! In the beginning, it may seem daunting as everything you read may not make any sense. Just hang on and hang in there...and check by here often for support. :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Yeah I think I will be on research duty, but I'm up for it. Keeps me occupied. I am so glad I found this site. I plan on reading all the guides, then getting the forms, then filling them out, just for practice. I'm only worried that the divorce will somehow stop them from approving us. I do know that leaving him at the airport like I did yesterday is heart wrenching and i don't know how many more times I can do it.

Be sure to collect evidence of your meetings (you'll need to send it with the I-129f package).

Good luck! :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A lot of us are divorced and it has not interfered. Is there something specific you are worried about or is it simply the length of time that you anticipate from your divorce until your expected k-1 filing.... My first k-1 was was filed 6 weeks after my divorce was final and it did not seem to come into play at all.

YMMV

Timeline

A lot of us are divorced and it has not interfered. Is there something specific you are worried about or is it simply the length of time that you anticipate from your divorce until your expected k-1 filing.... My first k-1 was was filed 6 weeks after my divorce was final and it did not seem to come into play at all.

That is exactly what I was worried about. That goes a long way to easing my mind! Thank you!

Edited by Sheri&Carl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is exactly what I was worried about. That goes a long way to easing my mind! Thank you!

Obviously each CO has his or her "hot buttons" and can call into question many subjective things but as long as you are prepared and can articulate your situation that is simply the best you can do. It does "suck" sometimes when your life decisions are at the mercy of somebody who could simply be having a bad day. Keep your head up!

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS will check whether both of you are free to marry - thus the requirement below (from I-129f):

"If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before,give copies of documents showing that each priormarriage was legally terminated."

Also, it's advisable to be prepared to answer questions - the consular officer might ask you when the interview is held - about your SO's previous marriages.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
USCIS will check whether both of you are free to marry - thus the requirement below (from I-129f):

"If either you or your fiancé(e) were married before,give copies of documents showing that each priormarriage was legally terminated."

Also, it's advisable to be prepared to answer questions - the consular officer might ask you when the interview is held - about your SO's previous marriages.

Welcome to VJ and yes this process is not easy by any means but like the rest of us you will get through it we all get there sooner or later. You definetly have alot of support here that's for sure. I wish you the best and i wish that you have a speedy and smooth journey.

AJ1 :yes:

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My ex and I were seperated for 8 years before we finally got a divorce. I met my fiance last October and filed for divorce in March, and filed my I-129F, (initial petition), in July. I really don't think it matters, but I explained in my 'statement of intent to marry' that my ex and I had not lived together and had been seperated for 8 years. Neither of us just ever got around to actually filing a divorce.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.