w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

3.4 earthquake 4 miles from Bar Harbor, Maine

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A 3.4??? Probably felt like a cat jumping onto the bed. I'm sure she's fine.

Oh ok, have no idea what a 3.4 is.

We had one of those when I was in LA and it felt like a cat jumping onto my bed. I didn't even realize it was an earthquake until I twigged that I was in a hotel and there were NO cats in my room. :lol: Obviously I wasn't paying much attention.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

A 3.4??? Probably felt like a cat jumping onto the bed. I'm sure she's fine.

Oh ok, have no idea what a 3.4 is.

We had one of those when I was in LA and it felt like a cat jumping onto my bed. I didn't even realize it was an earthquake until I twigged that I was in a hotel and there were NO cats in my room. :lol: Obviously I wasn't paying much attention.

I'm trying to picture big furry cats jumping up and down on my bed and it's just too funny! :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I'm fine thanks - Bar Harbor's a ways up there, and it didn't even make the MPBN morning news.

Bar Harbor may be a little soggy though - most of it's reasonably low-lying, and I would imagine an earthquake of any level causes some larger waves than normal.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

I'm fine thanks - Bar Harbor's a ways up there, and it didn't even make the MPBN morning news.

Bar Harbor may be a little soggy though - most of it's reasonably low-lying, and I would imagine an earthquake of any level causes some larger waves than normal.

:star:

New England's more seismically active than people give it credit for. Parts of Connecticut positively vibrate!

We had an earthquake a few years ago here in the UK; people in Harrogate (25 miles away) said they felt it but I didn't feel it here in York. Do you remember that one?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You know, I don't - but Harrogate's a long way away from Dorset and our local reporting's not the best ("Today, Daisy the cow won first place in the Coldharbour Cattle Show"... :P ).

I have to admit, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it on the news - but maybe it's more common than I realised and it's just not newsworthy.

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

New England's more seismically active than people give it credit for. Parts of Connecticut positively vibrate!

yup

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice little community. Arrived there from Nova Scotia with the ferry.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

A minor earthquake that shook parts of Maine at 8:07 p.m. local time Monday caused water to drop 2.5 feet at a U.S. Geological Survey monitoring well.

Nearly 17 hours later, the water level was still dropping, scientists announced today.

Hydrologists call the change in the well “dramatic,” and said well-water users might notice changes in their drinking water.

[...]

“It isn’t unusual for earthquakes to cause minor changes in water levels in wells, but this is the most memorable in Maine in the last decade,” said USGS hydrologist Gregory Stewart. “Users of well water could notice cloudy water and possibly a change in availability of water.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20061003/sc_...nwellwaterlevel

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

You know, I don't - but Harrogate's a long way away from Dorset and our local reporting's not the best ("Today, Daisy the cow won first place in the Coldharbour Cattle Show"... :P ).

I have to admit, I'm surprised I didn't hear about it on the news - but maybe it's more common than I realised and it's just not newsworthy.

The earthquake was somewhere near Manchester, I think.

Our local reporting in York isn't great either; one day the headline in the local paper was 'kitten struck by rare illness.' :lol: (Turned out to be diabetes). :no: I guess in a way stories about kittens and scandals about bendy busses are better than what often graces the Dallas paper...murders, murders, murders, crazy psychos, kidnappings, murders, beatings, stabbings, murders...but I guess I'm just nuts. :hehe:

http://archive.yorkpress.co.uk/2000/10/30/310688.html

That's a link to the kitten story. People never believe that one!

been to bar harbor..many times a fine little town..mainly for tourist

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

a 3.4 only? a lot of people dont even feel that

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,