andy28

Will I get a Brazilian Passport?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys!

When my fiance and I marry can I receive a passport from the Brazilian consulate? Because, normally to enter Brazil you have to have a visa. When we decide to visit I won't have to file for another tourist visa will I?

Thanks for your help :D

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is a good question Andy!!!

Steph1010 asked me the same, other day and I couldn't answer... I still need to search about it because I dont want Marc paying $100 everytime we go to Brasil :angry: (even knowing that he got 5 years validity visa).

As soon as I have some information, I'll be posting about it...

Carol :luv:

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Timeline

Hi Carol!

Well the Carnaval has officially started and Pamela and I are getting excited for our big trip to Rio on Tuesday. We still have a million things to do and we haven't even started packing yet. One thing I've learned from you Brazilians is that you love to do things at the last minute. :D I think I've now adopted this as well B)

By the way, the last time you mentioned something about looking for satellite channels for watching the World Cup. The Dish Network has Brazilian channels you can buy ( Globo International and Record) I think Pamela and I will try to sign up for this when we have some money. I can't miss Santos' football games!

Talk to you later,

andy

AOS Process

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can't get a Brazilian passport without becoming a naturalized Brazilian citizen. You can however get a perm. visa for brazil based on "family reunion". (reunião famíliar).

Total costs are about $400 and you can get it at the Brazilian embassy in the US after you get married.

All the details can be found here on the Brazilian embassy web site.

Edited by flipside

Timeline

Alright Flipside! :thumbs:

andy

AOS Process

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.