lou_7979

Packet 3 question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it. While I was reading the information on this website in regards to Packet 3, I read that my fiancee in Venezuela would need to submit evidence of our relationship to the interview (pictures, letters, receipts, and so on). But since I already submitted this information with the original I-129F application, why does she need to submit it again? Did I misunderstand something? What exactly does Packet 3 consist of? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It is my understanding that the first packet needed evidence of meeting in the last two years...

at the interview, you need th evidence. She will most likely be asked to show it again so I'd send it to her.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

While many people choose to send proof of an ongoing relationship with the initial petition it is not asked for at this point. As the last poster said, it is only asked for at the consulate.

Just take what you have already sent, along with whatever new evidence has been gathered.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline
While many people choose to send proof of an ongoing relationship with the initial petition it is not asked for at this point. As the last poster said, it is only asked for at the consulate.

Just take what you have already sent, along with whatever new evidence has been gathered.

Mo

So can I just resend the same pictures, phone records, emails, etc? From the instructions on USCIS, I had to submit evidence of our relationship with the initial I-129F petition, and I submitted all the evidence I had. So if they ask my fiancee for it again, can we just give them the same evidence?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS asks for evidence of having met to be sent with I-129f. Now they ask for evidence of ongoing relationship at the consulate/embassy. Yes, you can bring the evidence you've sent with the petition, but you should bring more - since they're two different things.

From the guides:

3. Copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

4. Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
USCIS asks for evidence of having met to be sent with I-129f. Now they ask for evidence of ongoing relationship at the consulate/embassy. Yes, you can bring the evidence you've sent with the petition, but you should bring more - since they're two different things.

From the guides:

3. Copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

4. Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, it helped. Now I understand that they want ongoing evidence of our relationship. Just one more follow-up question. My fiancee lives in Venezuela and I write her letters and emails in Spanish since she doesn't speak English. Can she submit this as evidence to the consulate, even though its written in Spanish? Only because when I submitted evidence the first time, I had to get all these documents translated and certified. Does she need to do the same for the consulate interview, or can she just submit these documents in Spanish? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

From the guides:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, it helped. Now I understand that they want ongoing evidence of our relationship. Just one more follow-up question. My fiancee lives in Venezuela and I write her letters and emails in Spanish since she doesn't speak English. Can she submit this as evidence to the consulate, even though its written in Spanish? Only because when I submitted evidence the first time, I had to get all these documents translated and certified. Does she need to do the same for the consulate interview, or can she just submit these documents in Spanish? Thanks

According to info found here - http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...amp;cty=Caracas - anything written in Spanish doesn't have to be translated to English.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Sorry to thief the thread!

But I sent a lot of evidence (some of it original, like an envelope stamped with date and so on) with my I29F, would it all have gone to the embassy or will I never see it again? lol

Edited by KaiserD
mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Timeline

lou,

Because that extraneous material that you submitted with your I-129f petition may not be in the file that gets to the consular section where it will be needed.

Packet 3 is the instructions, forms, and post-specific information required to apply for the visa.

Yodrak

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it. While I was reading the information on this website in regards to Packet 3, I read that my fiancee in Venezuela would need to submit evidence of our relationship to the interview (pictures, letters, receipts, and so on). But since I already submitted this information with the original I-129F application, why does she need to submit it again? Did I misunderstand something? What exactly does Packet 3 consist of? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They also ask that you bring the originals of whatever you submitted in the I-129F, even if they decide not to look at it at the interview.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.