&*^@$#*^ racists

to speak or not to speak  

68 members have voted

1. 1. that is the question

• witty come back
    • ignore the jerks

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I can't imagine ever being silent when faced with that sort of bigotry. Who will stand up to people like that?

I'm with you, Jenn. Not only do I have a temper, I don't mind acting on it. I've been in a number of situations where I spoke up, gotten into arguments, but mostly got everyone to shut up because, at the very least, they were shamed into shutting up.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I can't imagine ever being silent when faced with that sort of bigotry. Who will stand up to people like that?

I'm with you, Jenn. Not only do I have a temper, I don't mind acting on it. I've been in a number of situations where I spoke up, gotten into arguments, but mostly got everyone to shut up because, at the very least, they were shamed into shutting up.

No wonder I love you guys!

A strange lady walked up to my husband at his work and said to him "we know you are here to blow us up". He said to her.."oh, my wife is american. she's not blowed up. my best friend is ameican. He isn't blowed up. I've been working here for a year and my job isn't blowed up. i am no threat thanks" and walked away. yes, he used the word "blowed" hehe. The nerve of some people to say such things tos omeone they've never met!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh my God...these stories are horrible. My SO is very scared about coming here b/c of the crazy people and he is worried that someone is going to hurt us. Also, I live in a very small, southern, red-neck town. I am interracial and my mom was the first in our town to ever marry out of her race. They practically ran her off, kicked her out of school, anything. Fortunately, I never had to deal with too much prejudiceness because no one really knew "what i was"....Just the usualy..."are you indian, mexican, arabic, black, white"??? I just always said, "yeah, a little of them all"....so now, when he gets here and they find out that "OMG...I married the 'enemy' as they call him"...i am worried about the hell that we will be put through.

I just always choose to ignore these people. I just laugh thinking, wow, do they think little ole me is special enough to be the talk of the town!!! What an honor....hehe

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was speaking to a lady about my fiance coming soon. I was explaining to her the visa process and all the checks we have to go through to get our loved ones here. I told her I even have a background check done on me. Her reply, "To check that you are not a traiter?!" :lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG! How ignorant are you?! I rolled my eyes and changed the subject. This lady is a dizt. At first it really ticked me off but now I just laugh about how ignorant she is. My fiance isn't even here yet, and I am already experiencing the ignorance and paranoia of some people.

I would have flipped 'em off. Or mooned 'em. Depending on whether I was driving or not.

OK, kiddin' about the mooning part. :P

People like that are not worth even thinking about. They're a complete waste of oxygen.

Edited by RaspberrySwirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've been in this situation..even though I dont wear a hijab I have friends who do, and we have been walking down the mall and had people hiss at them...saying crude things. While it is actually in my nature to return fire, it doesnt actually help anything. You arent going to break down years of ingrained learning with either thing...a witty or caustic remark. At some point inshallah this person will realize what an idiot they are and feel remorse and treat the next person they come in contact with a little better.(but at times it is satisfying to picture pounding them huh???)

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
ignore the jerks.....

'Powerful is not he who knocks the other down,

indeed powerful is he who controls himself in a fit of anger'

I really like that saying . . . it is the hardest thing to do, but I think it is more rewarding.

Although, unfortunately, we sometimes get the opposite message that revenge and standing up for "honor" are more important . . . "turning the other cheek" is not exactly something that is emphasized in some areas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Last night my husband was watching a training film with fellow employees. After it was over, one of his fellow works sauntered over and asked him with a sneer "so did you actually understand anything they were saying?" He smiled and said, "Yeah. Didn't you?"

:lol::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Why is this old post being brought back? I think I am even going to read the last posts. Knowing what in the trend here... it has become a continuation of earlier flaming wars.

Anywho, to add my 2cents to the Orginal topic.

It is unfortunate, but people do make ill mannered comments such as the one directed to Rahma and her Dh. Buuuuuuuut what can we do? Sink down to their level? nooooooo.... It is common sense to be the better man. Pr. Mohammed (Saw) also said this... to speak to our enemies (and anyone who talks in that manner to you could and is an enemy)...speak to enemies in a btter manner then you speak to your friends.

Maybe people grow up, give up all the hate...and get a life... people shouldbe worrying about more important issues.

hahahahahahaha so I was at work today and a lady came in. She and I had a very delightful conversation about people, places, and things...she asked me where my rings came from as she was a jeweler for yearrrrrrs. I told her my husband brought them with him from Jordan. The very next words from her lips were "oh...I had friends on one of those planes in 9/11" then she walked away and didn't even say goodbye!! I didn't say a word......!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
hahahahahahaha so I was at work today and a lady came in. She and I had a very delightful conversation about people, places, and things...she asked me where my rings came from as she was a jeweler for yearrrrrrs. I told her my husband brought them with him from Jordan. The very next words from her lips were "oh...I had friends on one of those planes in 9/11" then she walked away and didn't even say goodbye!! I didn't say a word......!!!

She's completely clueless....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What you should do? Or what you actually do? It sortof depends. I haven't experienced it yet in the US because my fiancee is still in Kenya, but I suspect I'll get pretty angry if I hear someone make an inappropriate comment about her or us. When I was in Kenya, I was often in the wrong part of town for whites, since most whites there are on safari and stick to rather exclusive places, but I lived in a fairly middle class area, near a huge bar where I often found myself eating nyama choma and where plenty of people got the courage to make their own witty remarks at the out-of-place white guy. I learned enough of the slang terms for white person and knew enough of the terms in the major languages of Kenya that I could usually tell when someone was making a comment directed at me. They usually got pretty surprised when I had a comment back for them in their language or in Swahili. Often it was fairly innocent remark on their part, but occasionally they were more belligerent. I tried to get away from those circumstances by keeping my mouth shut, but occasionally they would insult Jacinta and even if she could take that, I couldn't and usually snapped back with an enda ujifanye "go do yourself", which usually opened eyes pretty wide. There were a couple times though where I almost found myself throwing punches after some particularly vulgar comments directed at her, but fortunately (in retrospect) I got pulled out of those situations fairly quickly before they got bad. I'm normally fairly mild tempered, but I get really defensive if someone is making offensive remarks to or about my girl, apparently even when I'm in her country, so I'm a bit leery of what might happen if some redneck says something he shouldn't (especially if I've had a few drinks). I know I should ignore it, but...

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.