doodlebug

Weight

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

If you do squats or lunges, you'll work up your gluteal muscles and you'll get a rounder butt. But a lot depends on genetics, too.

oh yea... i have my bd students practice gluteal squeezes (like kegel exercises) but i have them do both, then one side, then the other... that does build up a nice gluteal (booty!) area! wheeeeeeee.... squeeze, release, squeeze, release!

Ugh, that sounds like too much work. Any special foods that go straight to your butt that I can try? :lol:

Hmmm I know many foods that will go straight various parts of your body...but not sure which one goes to the butt ONLY... Hmmmm I will google it for you :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I was 25lbs heavier when I met Mohamed online. When I decided to go to Egypt I lost the 25lbs. He actually prefers me heavier. He asks me to gain weight. I'm like...NO WAY!! In the past 4 years I've lost a total of 75lbs. I'll NEVER go back to being that heavy again. I'm just not comfortable being that heavy. The women in Mohamed's family tend to be heavier so he's used to that. When I talk about going on a diet he tells me...if I get there and you're thinner I'll be angry! I would like to lose 20 more lbs. I would be satisfied with that.

Has your SO ever commented on your weight?

When we first stepped off the boat in Algeria and saw my husband's parents, the first thing he said to his mother (after three years) was "You've gained weight!!!!!" I was HORRIFIED. Not only did he outright tell his mother that she gained weight, but he did it in front of ME before I had even really met her! I gasped and said "I can't believe you just said that!!" and his mother said "No, it's ok, I have gained weight."

This also happened at the airport when we went to meet another friend. His mother was meeting him there too and he saw her and said "You've gained weight!! You told me you were dieting..." No one batted an eye.

Now, on the other hand, the first time my husband told me I should to go the gym and diet to lose the weight I gained in Algeria, I went balistic!! Just like most women would be. I actually think I maybe gave him the silent treatment for a little while.... :blush: And he couldn't figure out why. I've had to explain to him soooo many times that it hurts my feelings, but his reaction is: why? If you've gained weight, you've gained weight. And the thing is is... I KNOW I've gained weight. I KNOW my jeans are a little hard to button and I have to do a couple squats to get them really comfortable. I KNOW I need to shed the pounds I gained in Algeria (which i still haven't done... :whistle: ). But I DON'T want to actually HEAR it. From my HUSBAND who loves me no matter what ;) But that's the point, he loves me no matter what. (awwww, cue really sappy music and hearts and rainbows).

Now, I've gotten used to it. We can laugh at the fact that I have to lose weight or he has grown a HUGE tummy after being in Algeria for two months. His jeans don't even fit anymore! He had to buy NEW JEANS. I told him all that grease would go right to his stomach and butt... but NOOOOOOOO.... he's home, with his mother's cooking, no diet in Algeria!! (sorry, got a little side tracked with the rant :D )

But anyways, I think if you actually try to hear what your SO's are saying, they're not trying to be mean or put you down. They all love the way you look. They all think you're beautiful women. Their honesty just gets them in trouble sometimes :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband knows I'm sensative about my chubbiness. And whenver I get into my moping moods about it, he never fails to tell me that I'm beautiful (F)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

[quote name='hollyw' date='Oct 2 2006, 10:18 AM' post='482908'

But anyways, I think if you actually try to hear what your SO's are saying, they're not trying to be mean or put you down. They all love the way you look. They all think you're beautiful women. Their honesty just gets them in trouble sometimes :lol: Basically you are right Holly, but it was something I did not except or want to hear from my husband... but ye he means well :lol:

My husband knows I'm sensative about my chubbiness. And whenver I get into my moping moods about it, he never fails to tell me that I'm beautiful (F)
Awwwwwwwww :luv:
I was 25lbs heavier when I met Mohamed online. When I decided to go to Egypt I lost the 25lbs. He actually prefers me heavier. He asks me to gain weight. I'm like...NO WAY!! In the past 4 years I've lost a total of 75lbs. I'll NEVER go back to being that heavy again. I'm just not comfortable being that heavy. The women in Mohamed's family tend to be heavier so he's used to that. When I talk about going on a diet he tells me...if I get there and you're thinner I'll be angry! I would like to lose 20 more lbs. I would be satisfied with that.

Has your SO ever commented on your weight?

Hey... you are my **NEW** role model.... tell me all your secrets... You look great Kara :D And yes, I have noticed Egyptian women tend to be more heavy set... hmmm I wonder why...here in Algerie, the women seem for the most part anorexically skinny.

[quote name='hollyw' date='Oct 2 2006, 10:18 AM' post='482908'

But anyways, I think if you actually try to hear what your SO's are saying, they're not trying to be mean or put you down. They all love the way you look. They all think you're beautiful women. Their honesty just gets them in trouble sometimes :lol:

Basically you are right Holly, but it was something I did not except or want to hear from my husband... but ye he means well :lol:
Awwwwwwwww :luv:

oh I know and I have the exact same reactions... it's just in time of sanity (when I'm not hoping mad at him) I try to say... you know what.... I'm sure he was just trying to be nice :) I wasn't trying to say it's not ok to sensitive or get angry, just I realize that most of the time when I get mad at my husband it's because it's a miscommunications or something extra sensitive on my part...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The women in Algeria are really skinny? I'm going next year for the first time to meet my husband's family (the ones I haven't met yet). Now I'm wondering if I should kick-up the gym routine a notch or two.

Amed only comments to me whenever I get down on myself. He says, "well, you may have put on a bit of weight, but if it really bothers you, start going to the gym more often and stop drinking Mountain Dew" (which is my weakness). Otherwise, he never comments about my weight (he knows better).

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband and I were having a "play fight" and I sat on his stomach to get him to stop tickling me and he said "Call 9-1-1! There's an elephant on top of me!" I got so upset! I told him to thank God I am not an elephant or he would be dead! I know he was just kidding, but he knows that I care what he thinks of my weight. I could care less about everyone else, but he's the one I try to impress everyday! He appologized. I know that he loves me no matter what, but when he says stuff like that it bothers me. I am going to the doctor on Wednesday and I am going to ask her if she has any recomendations. I need something I can stick to. I don't gain weight or lose weight, just maintain it, and it makes me so upset! So finally I am seeking some outside assistance! Hopefully I will get back to the size 10/12 I was when I was in high school.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidebar regarding the Egyptian women being a little bigger. I once asked Moh if my weight bothered him. I'm not HUGE but I'm not Kate Moss either. He asked how I would like to look. When I told him (i.e. thinner and more firmly-muscled), he said, "That's gross. When I went to hug you I would feel like I was hugging another guy. You're a woman. You should be soft." He got a point for that. And yes he was constantly watching my weight. They just do this. Its common for everyone to comment on everyone's weight all the time. Made me a wreck until I got used to it.

My SILs are all heavy except one. She's not heavy but not really thin either..she's about my size. When I won't eat much in Egypt they all get on me to eat, eat. They ask if I'm watching my weight and when I say yes they said, why? you're not fat. Maybe not to them but to myself I am. My MIL will get on my sisters about their weight. Once I bought a box of Cadbury chocolates for everyone and when my one sister went to take one my mom said...do you really need that? I felt bad for her :(

My SILs are all heavy except one. She's not heavy but not really thin either..she's about my size. When I won't eat much in Egypt they all get on me to eat, eat. They ask if I'm watching my weight and when I say yes they said, why? you're not fat. Maybe not to them but to myself I am. My MIL will get on my sisters about their weight. Once I bought a box of Cadbury chocolates for everyone and when my one sister went to take one my mom said...do you really need that? I felt bad for her :(

Interesting side note:

In Morocco, the Berber verb for "to lose weight" roughly translates to "to get weak."

The verb for "to gain weight" translates to "to get healthy."

Explains a lot! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you do squats or lunges, you'll work up your gluteal muscles and you'll get a rounder butt. But a lot depends on genetics, too.

oh yea... i have my bd students practice gluteal squeezes (like kegel exercises) but i have them do both, then one side, then the other... that does build up a nice gluteal (booty!) area! wheeeeeeee.... squeeze, release, squeeze, release!

Ugh, that sounds like too much work. Any special foods that go straight to your butt that I can try? :lol:

butter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

butter.

So THAT's why they call it BUTTer! Thanks, Sarah! :thumbs:

I'm holding you responsible if my mass consumption of butter causes weight gain in any areas besides my azz! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

He doesn't say anything to me and I would not be happy if he did. It doesnt matter if you need to lose 5, 10, 20, or 100 lbs. You should do it for yourself and he should accept you for who you are. If he loses his hair, I'm not going to tell him to go get a hair transplant. I'm not rail thin either, but I my dress within in the normal size ranges of womens clothing. I have lost weight, but thats because I want to and he doesnt even notice nor do I mention it to him.

It's totally normal for people from the Middle East to comment on each others weight when they have not seen them in a long time. Now when I finally reunite, he will either tell me, you lost weight, or you gained weight. Its not an insult, its just normal there. I hear that ####### all the time and I'm used to it, luckily its always going in the other direction (losing) lol. Its not even uncommon to hear Arabs discussing how much they weigh for like 1 hour, lol :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Funny you should mention this...my fiance never mentioned my weight. He always makes me feel pretty and desireable. One day I told him I wanted to lose weight to get a smaller wedding dress & to stay healthy, and he said, OK...but don't lose too much. So over the last 2 months I have dropped 21 lbs. I figure by the time I see him in late Nov/early Dec, I will have dropped another 10 lbs. He won't recognize me. I have been keeping it a secret & I haven't sent any recent pics of myself to him. I also colored my hair a shade lighter w/highlights (nothing too drastic). He is going to be stunned in that airport.

PS I intend to fatten him about 10 lbs up for sure when he arrives in the US. He is 6 foot 4 and only 175 lbs.

La Verdadera y El Sincero - Siempre

2005 - 2006 Spent falling in love

22 May 2006 My journey to Nigeria

24 May 2006 David proposes to me

9 June 2006 Mailed I129F to TSC

30 June 2006 NOA-1

Case Transferred to CSC

27 July 2006 Touched

5 Sept 2006 Called USCIS for case / IMBRA status

14 Sept 2006 Touched

19 Sept 2006 Touched Again!

23 Sept 2006 Received IMBRA RFE by postal mail (postmarked 20 Sept 2006)

25 Sept 2006 Response to IMBRA RFE sent Priority Mail w/Delivery Confirmation

29 Sept 2006 Rec'd Email stating RFE received

1 Oct 2006 Touched - Same RFE rec'd message

17 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Email

23 Oct 2006 NOA-2 Rec'd via Postal Mail

9 Nov 2006 Email from NVC (response to my inquiry) w/NVC case# - file to Lagos 6 Nov

13 Nov 2006 Received NVC letter via Postal Mail

20 Nov 2006 Fiance went to Lagos Consulate- Interview Date Received

7 Feb 2007 Interview-VISA GRANTED!!! -

12 Feb 2007 Visa in Hand!!! ***Scheduled arrival 23 Feb 2007***

23 Feb 2007 Arrived JFK USA!!!

12 May 2007 Married

23 May 2007 Filed AOS

25 May 2007 Rec'd NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.