saawdb

Singapore Police Clearance

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

Ask ko lang po if anyone recently able to get a Police Clearance from Singapore and submitted sa Visa Interview?

I just called Singapore Police and they told me that they have already stopped beginning Oct 2010, to issue Police Clearances for Foreigners.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ask ko lang po if anyone recently able to get a Police Clearance from Singapore and submitted sa Visa Interview?

I just called Singapore Police and they told me that they have already stopped beginning Oct 2010, to issue Police Clearances for Foreigners.

Thanks.

My fiance just went to her interview , and South Korea was marked unobtainable , so she didn't need them. You shouldn't need them either.

My fiance just went to her interview , and South Korea was marked unobtainable , so she didn't need them. You shouldn't need them either.

?

Did your fiance worked or stayed in South Korea for a period of at least 6 months? or was it just for Korean trip or short vacation?

I called again to Singapore Police, they said that I need an official letter from US Embassy saying that I need to obtain such Police Clearance before they can process one for me..Only with that letter, then they will issue.

?

Did your fiance worked or stayed in South Korea for a period of at least 6 months? or was it just for Korean trip or short vacation?

I called again to Singapore Police, they said that I need an official letter from US Embassy saying that I need to obtain such Police Clearance before they can process one for me..Only with that letter, then they will issue.

she was there for a year. I think you will be ok without it , as long as you put your work history and explain to them what happened. thats all she had to do .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Thanks.

Does your fiance still live in Singapore? My fiance was from the Philippines but was working and living in Singapore and went through the US Embassy in Singapore last April. She had to make an appeal for the clearance and then they mailed it to the embassy.

K1 Visa
08.04.10 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center
08.12.10 NOA1
08.18.10 Touched
10.03.10 Touched
01.27.11 NOA2 Notification Text & Email
02.01.11 NVC Received
02.03.11 Received NOA2 Hard Copy by Mail
02.03.11 NVC Sent case to US Embassy in Singapore
02.09.11 Consulate Received
02.10.11 Consulate sent out Packet 3
02.16.11 Packet 3 Received
02.18.11 Medical Appointment (Passed)
02.22.11 Sent in Packet 3 checklist
02.22.11 Waiting on Interview date
03.16.11 Interview Scheduled (Approved)
04.07.11 Visa in Hand
04.14.11 Arrive in USA (POE Chicago / No problems)
04.21.11 Civil Wedding
AOS
05.18.11 Filed AOS/EAD/AP
05.24.11 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP Received Hard Copy 05.31.11
06.15.11 AOS case transferred to CSC Received hard Copy 06.18.11.
06.20.11 Biometrics done today as a walk in. No problems. (The actual appointment was scheduled for 07.12.2011)
07.23.11 EAD Card/Document Production & AP Post Decision Activity
07.28.11 Second notification on EAD Card / Document Production
07.29.11 Third notification on EAD Card / Approval (Still no word on AP.)
08.01.11 Received EAD/AP Combo card in the mail.
08.04.11 Email Notification that GC is approved. (This came one year to the day that I sent the K1 package in.)
08.08.11 Received Welcome letter in the mail.
08.10.11 Greencard in Hand (It was actually dated 07.29.11 my wife's birthday!!)
ROC
05.23.13 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center
05.31.13 Check Cleared (We are on our way!)
05.29.13 NOA1 (Received 06.03.13)
06.11.13 Early Bio Metrics done today. No problems. (The actual appointment was scheduled for 06.28.2013)
09.27.13 Transferred to CSC for quicker processing

10.29.13 Approved

11.06.13 10 Year Greenscard in Hand

Unfortunately according to the DOS website Singapore police clearances (COC) for non-singaporeans no longer residing in the country are available. It is the CNCC which is no longer available to non-residents.

Singapore Police clearance according to DOS

This Singapore government website states how to get the COC and they confirm what you said that you will need (among other things) a letter from the US government stating that they are requiring you to get it.

You can try and call the American Embassy in Manila to see if they will issue such a letter prior to your interview so that you can get your COC ahead of time or you can wait until you interview. At your interview they will either tell you the "CNCC" from Singapore is no longer available and therefore waive the requirement or they will tell you to obtain the "COC" which is available to non-citizens who no longer reside in the country. In which case you can ask them for a letter stating that they are requiring the clearance and you can use that to obtain the COC. Usually if a police record is listed as being available on the DOS website your local embassy will require you to get it so my guess is that they will require you to get the COC.

Unfortunately according to the DOS website Singapore police clearances (COC) for non-singaporeans no longer residing in the country are available. It is the CNCC which is no longer available to non-residents.

This Singapore government website states how to get the COC and they confirm what you said that you will need (among other things) a letter from the US government stating that they are requiring you to get it.

You can try and call the American Embassy in Manila to see if they will issue such a letter prior to your interview so that you can get your COC ahead of time or you can wait until you interview. At your interview they will either tell you the "CNCC" from Singapore is no longer available and therefore waive the requirement or they will tell you to obtain the "COC" which is available to non-citizens who no longer reside in the country. In which case you can ask them for a letter stating that they are requiring the clearance and you can use that to obtain the COC. Usually if a police record is listed as being available on the DOS website your local embassy will require you to get it so my guess is that they will require you to get the COC.

I stand corrected =/

I stand corrected =/

In your fiancee's case South Korea is listed as having police clearances unavailable to those no longer residing in the country. It appears that for a brief time in 2010 Singapore did fall under that category but that is no longer the case and by this time most embassies are up to date with the current process and should require it.

It is very easy to check the requirements and process for any country - click on "VJ Affiliates" in the light blue VJ menu bar towards the top of the screen. Then click on "US Government Services" and it will take you to a page of useful government links. Click on "DOS Police certificate requirements by country" it will take you to the link for the DOS site as well as give a brief description on how to navigate the site.

cool, let me drop by the police station and ask them personally. Since I dont have the US Embassy Phil letter, I'll show them the packet3 list so they know its a requirement.

cool, let me drop by the police station and ask them personally. Since I dont have the US Embassy Phil letter, I'll show them the packet3 list so they know its a requirement.

Sorry I didn't realize you were still in Singapore, hopefully that will make things a little quicker.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry I didn't realize you were still in Singapore, hopefully that will make things a little quicker.

Good luck!

Showing them packet three worked for my Fiance last April. Good luck!!!

K1 Visa
08.04.10 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center
08.12.10 NOA1
08.18.10 Touched
10.03.10 Touched
01.27.11 NOA2 Notification Text & Email
02.01.11 NVC Received
02.03.11 Received NOA2 Hard Copy by Mail
02.03.11 NVC Sent case to US Embassy in Singapore
02.09.11 Consulate Received
02.10.11 Consulate sent out Packet 3
02.16.11 Packet 3 Received
02.18.11 Medical Appointment (Passed)
02.22.11 Sent in Packet 3 checklist
02.22.11 Waiting on Interview date
03.16.11 Interview Scheduled (Approved)
04.07.11 Visa in Hand
04.14.11 Arrive in USA (POE Chicago / No problems)
04.21.11 Civil Wedding
AOS
05.18.11 Filed AOS/EAD/AP
05.24.11 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP Received Hard Copy 05.31.11
06.15.11 AOS case transferred to CSC Received hard Copy 06.18.11.
06.20.11 Biometrics done today as a walk in. No problems. (The actual appointment was scheduled for 07.12.2011)
07.23.11 EAD Card/Document Production & AP Post Decision Activity
07.28.11 Second notification on EAD Card / Document Production
07.29.11 Third notification on EAD Card / Approval (Still no word on AP.)
08.01.11 Received EAD/AP Combo card in the mail.
08.04.11 Email Notification that GC is approved. (This came one year to the day that I sent the K1 package in.)
08.08.11 Received Welcome letter in the mail.
08.10.11 Greencard in Hand (It was actually dated 07.29.11 my wife's birthday!!)
ROC
05.23.13 I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center
05.31.13 Check Cleared (We are on our way!)
05.29.13 NOA1 (Received 06.03.13)
06.11.13 Early Bio Metrics done today. No problems. (The actual appointment was scheduled for 06.28.2013)
09.27.13 Transferred to CSC for quicker processing

10.29.13 Approved

11.06.13 10 Year Greenscard in Hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Will you be having your interview in SG or in PI?

If its in Sg, then yes u need to get one & appeal.

Pero pag sa PI naman, you will be fine without it. The consul and staff are aware about this policy in Singapore.

Goodluck.

Shella

Edited by brian&shella

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

Will you be having your interview in SG or in PI?

If its in Sg, then yes u need to get one & appeal.

Pero pag sa PI naman, you will be fine without it. The consul and staff are aware about this policy in Singapore.

Goodluck.

Shella

In Philippines..i just went down there today and gave me the appeal form but i couldn't file it today because i dont have my pictures and document from us embassy phil stating the need for it.

are you sure na Consul in Pinas are aware? However I got the document from Police HQ Sg saying that since Oct 2010 they have ceased issuesing COC? Can I just show this to PI Consul??

have ur beneficiary actually experienced this like she/he stayed in SG for at least 6 months then interview sa Pinas? Im just covering my bases during the interview..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In Philippines..i just went down there today and gave me the appeal form but i couldn't file it today because i dont have my pictures and document from us embassy phil stating the need for it.

are you sure na Consul in Pinas are aware? However I got the document from Police HQ Sg saying that since Oct 2010 they have ceased issuesing COC? Can I just show this to PI Consul??

have ur beneficiary actually experienced this like she/he stayed in SG for at least 6 months then interview sa Pinas? Im just covering my bases during the interview..

I see. Sorry, i just read this post before replying to your PM.

You will be fine sis. Believe me. :-)

Im glad your interview will be in Pinas. I was an OFW, stayed in SG for almost 4 years. And yes i am sure the consul and the staff are aware on this change of policy in SG government base on this post.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/312887-singapore-police-clearance-update-after-my-interview/page__p__4700475#entry4700475

Goodluck sis. Dont worry too much, you will be fine.

Shella

K1 Timeline

8/16/2011 - Mailed I-129F

8/19/2011 - I-129F Received at Dallas Lock Box

08/26/2011 - Received official I-797C Notice Of Action in Mail

03/09/2012 - NOA2

04/11/2012 - Medical - PASSED!

04/19/2012 - PRISM Counselling

04/24/2012 - Interview - APPROVED!

05/04/2012 - VISA on Hand yay!

05/11/2012 - POE -Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a friend na nakilala ko sa medical and her interview is last Dec. 23, okay naman yung interview nya except that she needs to submit Police Clearance from Singapore. Hope you can enlighten us.

Thanks!

AOS

July 30, 2012 - Sent AOS Package

Aug 03, 2012 - Received NOA ( AOS, EAD, AP)

Aug 08, 2012 - Received Biometrics Letter Appointment

Aug 17, 2012 - Received RFE Letter

Aug 24, 2012 - Biometrics at USCIS Charlotte

Sep 05, 2012 - USCIS received response to RFE

Oct 06, 2012 - EAD Card Production

Oct 15, 2012 - EAD/AP combo card on hand

May 07, 2013 - AOS approved

May 16, 2013 - Permanent Resident Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.