Bad_Daddy

Jury finds Afghan family guilty in honor killings

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16783354

I did not know there was another thread.

It is not unknown in the UK amongst Islamic communities.

If they are not Muslims then I apologise.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Maybe we should start a cold war with Canada...never mind, they would win a "cold" war.

Can we have a poutine war, instead?

'Merica just makes better taters, but that poutine gravy - man o man - is hard to duplicate properly...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have edited this topic title - it is indeed baiting.

This event happened in my own home town of Kingston, Ontario. This trial was underway when I was back there in October for my father's death, and the newspapers were full of the trial activities. While I was there, the judge, jurors and defendants were taken back to the scene of the crime for its enactment on site. From the local newspaper accounts at that time it was already pretty clear that the father was instrumental in the deaths of his daughters and wife. People were speculating whether his current wife was an active or a passive participant as she fell apart at the murder scene crying over and over again that she had no idea he was going to do that. It was pretty clear from evidence presented that the father strenuously objected to his daughters adopting a more Canadian life style rather than the stricter one he tried to impose on them. There was documented evidence of previous abuse and threats of his daughters by the male members of the family. The public was indeed shocked that any parent would be able to murder his own children in such a way and for such reasons. It does appear that his 'second' wife was a bigamous relationship as well as he was not divorced from his first wife. The news reporting on the story made no reference to religious beliefs or backgrounds other than the fact that the family immigrated from Afghanistan.

This trial was not about Islam. This trial was not about Canadians not accepting Islamic immigrants. This trial was about a father who orchestrated the murder of his daughters with the assistance of his son and apparent compliance, if not assistance from his bigamous wife. He violated Canadian law with a heinous crime that shocked the community in its cruelty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edited to add that duplicate threads have been merged

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I have edited this topic title - it is indeed baiting.

This event happened in my own home town of Kingston, Ontario. This trial was underway when I was back there in October for my father's death, and the newspapers were full of the trial activities. While I was there, the judge, jurors and defendants were taken back to the scene of the crime for its enactment on site. From the local newspaper accounts at that time it was already pretty clear that the father was instrumental in the deaths of his daughters and wife. People were speculating whether his current wife was an active or a passive participant as she fell apart at the murder scene crying over and over again that she had no idea he was going to do that. It was pretty clear from evidence presented that the father strenuously objected to his daughters adopting a more Canadian life style rather than the stricter one he tried to impose on them. There was documented evidence of previous abuse and threats of his daughters by the male members of the family. The public was indeed shocked that any parent would be able to murder his own children in such a way and for such reasons. It does appear that his 'second' wife was a bigamous relationship as well as he was not divorced from his first wife. The news reporting on the story made no reference to religious beliefs or backgrounds other than the fact that the family immigrated from Afghanistan.

This trial was not about Islam. This trial was not about Canadians not accepting Islamic immigrants. This trial was about a father who orchestrated the murder of his daughters with the assistance of his son and apparent compliance, if not assistance from his bigamous wife. He violated Canadian law with a heinous crime that shocked the community in its cruelty.

Ameen!

Timeline

Sharia law also does not exist in Canada. It wasn't an option for him. He broke Canadian law and he is paying for his crime in a Canadian prison.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

two posts containing personal attacks have also been removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

It appears a fair number of Muslims missed that memo, perhaps Allah should repeat it.

How many Christians and Jews missed the memo on their respective divine instructions ? Would you call it a "fair number" ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

How many Christians and Jews missed the memo on their respective divine instructions ? Would you call it a "fair number" ?

I would say that is an attempt to deflect. Certainly I can't dispute the claim certain groups of Christians have behaved badly, but I also don't deny there aren't calls for plenty of bloodshed and other morally reprehensible acts in the Bible.

You made the claim, obviously false on it's face, that the Koran clearly forbids the killing of children. Not false in that it might feature just such a verse, but that the verse is all controlling and reverses any other to the contrary.

Obviously if we take your statement such killings are expressly forbidden then we are left to wonder why some missed that, according to your statement, clear and direct order from the Koran.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I would say that is an attempt to deflect. Certainly I can't dispute the claim certain groups of Christians have behaved badly, but I also don't deny there aren't calls for plenty of bloodshed and other morally reprehensible acts in the Bible.

You made the claim, obviously false on it's face, that the Koran clearly forbids the killing of children. Not false in that it might feature just such a verse, but that the verse is all controlling and reverses any other to the contrary.

Obviously if we take your statement such killings are expressly forbidden then we are left to wonder why some missed that, according to your statement, clear and direct order from the Koran.

no, that's not how it works at all. i'm assuming that you, ready4one, as a male would unequivocally state that rape is 100% wrong and bad. the fact that 1 in 6 women in the united states has experienced an attempted or completed rape is not your fault, and does nothing to erode what i am presuming to be your adamant stance against rape. it would be wrong and inappropriate for me to hang those rape stats around your neck despite your condemnation of rape. rape is a criminal act, an act in violation of the law. the fact that rape nevertheless still occurs does not mean that the law is not all controlling, or there is something out there reversing any claims to the contrary that rape is expressly wrong, outside of what occurs in a POS rapist's mind. there is nothing legitimate to that rapist's twisting, just as there's nothing legitimate to child killers' twisting of the law, religious and secular.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Geez, I was just teasing.

That's Isa-Lay-Salaam, to you and don't you EVER forget it.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif