GringoD

Another $350 at the time of scheduling interview

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This process is not for the faint of heart or money, welcome to the club.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Delivery fee for transporting the Visa from Bogota to the city where she lives by DHL (Brinks) I think it was $30.00

Kewl, Firecrewl... but! Ella vives en la Bogota!

So,... good next question: For those that live in Bogota, anyone from Colombia know how fast she can have Visa en Mano, ready to go!? after the interview?

Of course, they will tell her all of that, after the interview.

But, it's nice to know or suspect, for planning ahead of time.

_______

I did not use VJ, almost not at all four years ago, but.... Our World changes so, so rapidly now.... it's been really nice to have this community to keep up with the many rapidly changing facets of the visa process.

Edited by GringoD

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

How does scheduling interview work?

Do all embassy's let the Fiance schedule the interview or do only some allow that? I was under the assumption that the embassy emailed you (Packet 4) or sent you a letter saying the date THEY SET UP FOR YOU. But I see that some users are allowed to sign up for the interview themselves.

Does this vary per embassy?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

How does scheduling interview work?

Do all embassy's let the Fiance schedule the interview or do only some allow that? I was under the assumption that the embassy emailed you (Packet 4) or sent you a letter saying the date THEY SET UP FOR YOU. But I see that some users are allowed to sign up for the interview themselves.

Does this vary per embassy?

Yes, t does.

Timeline

At least, per Colombia, it appears that the first letter they send to the fiance's email gives quite detailed instructions, at the end on pages 6 and 7, as to How to Schedule Your Interview online. I think... you can schedule the interview quite soon. BUT... YOU MUST PAY, prior to the interview date. But, I think the beneficiary simply picks what date for interview is available and what works from that, for them.

I'm sure it could be quite different in other countries.

Iran? Are you planning to go to the interview???

Just curious.

Seems like a Whole Other Adventure.

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Is this correct:

A.) When your fiance is scheduling online the appointment for the interview for the K-1 visa, it's another $350 USD?

And, THIS is IN ADDITION TO the $340 that we all sent with the I-129F initial petition???

And, to my understanding, this is paid online with credit card, or cash at a bank.

B.) Then, is there YET ANOTHER fee, AFTER THE VISA IS GRANTED? How much might that be?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the Visa fee is 350USD for the interview, (that is just here in Colombia, as other people said the process doesn't stop here) add to it the cost of the medical exams, so far I've spent over a million peson (something close to 500USD) in medical, but as far as the consulate process in Colombia that should be it.

Timeline

Yes, the Visa fee is 350USD for the interview, (that is just here in Colombia, as other people said the process doesn't stop here) add to it the cost of the medical exams, so far I've spent over a million peson (something close to 500USD) in medical, but as far as the consulate process in Colombia that should be it.

I forgot to add, your fiance can do it in person in the HELM bank, you can find the website to print the invoice at the intruction package and they will give her the actual fee in pesos so she can pay for it, or you can do it online in this same website, you choose the option that works better for you when you are aigning in, you have to creat an account with her information.

Timeline

Kewl, Firecrewl... but! Ella vives en la Bogota!

So,... good next question: For those that live in Bogota, anyone from Colombia know how fast she can have Visa en Mano, ready to go!? after the interview?

Of course, they will tell her all of that, after the interview.

But, it's nice to know or suspect, for planning ahead of time.

_______

I did not use VJ, almost not at all four years ago, but.... Our World changes so, so rapidly now.... it's been really nice to have this community to keep up with the many rapidly changing facets of the visa process.

It still gets sent to the DHL office in Bogota, normally takes 2-3 days, as opposed to 7-10 in other cities

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This process is not for the faint of heart or money, welcome to the club.

Yes it isn't ... cost lots of time and money but it is worth it if you find the right one:)

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.