Rocky_nBullwinkle

Things you find na kakaiba sa US of A

40 posts in this topic

For Pinays only. Say anything you find strange (kakaiba), weird, different pagdating niyo sa US of A. Dumating ako dito in the Fall. Kakaiba ang weather. Sobrang lamig na sa akin ang Fall time nila dito. But I am finally acclimated after 4 years. Ang mga Americans mahilig magsabi ng "Hi" and "How are you" parang mga robot. Naka program na sa ulo nila kaya kahit hindi nakatingin sa'yo "hi and "How are you pa rin sila :unsure: which I find it weird.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For Pinays only. Say anything you find strange (kakaiba), weird, different pagdating niyo sa US of A. Dumating ako dito in the Fall. Kakaiba ang weather. Sobrang lamig na sa akin ang Fall time nila dito. But I am finally acclimated after 4 years. Ang mga Americans mahilig magsabi ng "Hi" and "How are you" parang mga robot. Naka program na sa ulo nila kaya kahit hindi nakatingin sa'yo "hi and "How are you pa rin sila :unsure: which I find it weird.

Agree on this. Aside from that, sa work pagdating sa umaga, halos lahat ng ka-work say "Good Morning", and then kapag pauwi na "See you later" or "See 'yah Guys". Not sure pero siguro sa nature ng work ko, when talking to old acquaintance, "What's up dude". Not usually common practice sa Pilipinas.

I was watching old case files or reality tv. Sabi ko sa asawa ko, "Most of the time, mga tao dito pumapatay kasi they are mentally challenged or insane, sa Pilipinas, pumapatay sila kasi walang choice, kailangan nila mag-survive (ex. holdaper).

One more thing, yong coupon that you can get from newspaper, if you good enough to use it, it pay off almost half of the cost of your groceries. Walang ganyan sa Pilipinas. Hehehe.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

and pag andito ka sa restaurant, mga waiter/waitress lalapit sau para tanungin ng "is everthing ok?" then andyan na ang refill ng drinks mo... sa pinas, you have to raise your hand and call the waiter/waitress para lang pagsilbihan ka... :yes:

K1 Journey

11-01-2010 Packet Sent

11-06-2010 NOA1 Hardcopy

03-17-2011 NOA2

03-31-2011 SLMEC Medical

04-20-2011 Visa Approved

05-03-2011 Visa Received

05-09-2011 CFO Seminar

05-12-2011 US Entry

06-08-2001 Wedding

AOS Journey

06-22-2011 Packet Sent (AOS/EAD/AP)

06-26-2011 NOA1 Hard Copy (AOS/EAD/AP)

07-19-2011 Received Biometric Appt 08-04-2011

07-20-2011 Received Notice-case transferred to CSC

07-26-2011 Biometrics-Walk in

08-15-2011 Approved EAD/AP

08-22-2011 Received card EAD/AP

08-31-2011 GC Approved

09-08-2011 GC Received

ROC Journey

05-28-2013 Packet Sent

06-07-2013 NOA

06-11-2013 Received Biometric Appt

07-08-2013 Biometric Appt

08-22-2013 Received notice-case transferred to CSC

10-08-2013 ROC Approved

10-13-2013 GC Received

N-400 Journey

06-02-2014 Packet Sent

06-12-2014 NOA

06-23-2014 Received Biometrics Appt

07-02-2014 Biometrics Appt

09-02-2014 Interview (Approved)

11-13-2014 Oath Taking

qt7wa3b0.png

Agree on this. Aside from that, sa work pagdating sa umaga, halos lahat ng ka-work say "Good Morning", and then kapag pauwi na "See you later" or "See 'yah Guys". Not sure pero siguro sa nature ng work ko, when talking to old acquaintance, "What's up dude". Not usually common practice sa Pilipinas.

I was watching old case files or reality tv. Sabi ko sa asawa ko, "Most of the time, mga tao dito pumapatay kasi they are mentally challenged or insane, sa Pilipinas, pumapatay sila kasi walang choice, kailangan nila mag-survive (ex. holdaper).

One more thing, yong coupon that you can get from newspaper, if you good enough to use it, it pay off almost half of the cost of your groceries. Walang ganyan sa Pilipinas. Hehehe.

I've been here for almost 5 years, but the coupons I get give me a dollar or 50 cents off and I need to purchase at least 2 for me to get $2 off. Anyway, yeah you are right. Hindi uso ang coupons sa Pinas.

There's a bunch of them serial killers and ax murderers here because they are sick in the head. Sa Pilipinas the holdapers have no choice but to kill their victims para hindi kumanta. Dito lang ako nakakita ng mga hippies at nudists. Parang normal lang sa kanila ang mag-smoke ng pot habang naliligo sa bath tub kasama ang mga friends nila. Sa Pinas kailangan magtago or lagot ka sa lespu. Bawal din maghubad sa kalye or else kulong ka for vagrancy.

I've been here for almost 5 years, but the coupons I get gives me a dollar or 50 cents off and I need to purchase at least 2 for me to get $2 off. Anyway, yeah you are right. Hindi uso ang coupons sa Pinas.

There's a bunch of them serial killers and ax murderers here because they are sick in the head. Sa Pilipinas the holdapers have no choice but to kill their victims para hindi kumanta. Dito lang ako nakakita ng mga hippies at nudists. Parang normal lang sa kanila ang mag-smoke ng pot habang naliligo sa bath tub kasama ang mga friends nila. Sa Pinas kailangan magtago or lagot ka sa lespu. Bawal din maghubad sa kalye or else kulong ka for vagrancy.

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

and pag andito ka sa restaurant, mga waiter/waitress lalapit sau para tanungin ng "is everthing ok?" then andyan na ang refill ng drinks mo... sa pinas, you have to raise your hand and call the waiter/waitress para lang pagsilbihan ka... :yes:

OO mabibilis ang mga waiters and waitresses dito. You get what you pay for when it comes to dining in restaurants. If you don't like the food, they won't charge you at all.

Hokey Smoke!

Ive been there for a coupls of months and i observe in the states,especially in the mall,not so many security guard,unlike in pinas,every place my security guard na naka bantay,and speaking sa restaurant unlimited drinks nila :yes: :yes: s

Ive been there for a coupls of months and i observe in the states,especially in the mall,not so many security guard,unlike in pinas,every place my security guard na naka bantay,and speaking sa restaurant unlimited drinks nila :yes: :yes: s

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Met Online : 2006 December

Went to PI : 2008-04-23

Engaged : 2008-04-26

Married : 2009-11-13

IR-1/CR-1 Timeline

I-130 Sent : 2011-05-03

CSC Received Packet : 2011-05-05

NOA1 Received Hard Copy : 2011-05-13

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL Received :2011-08-02

NOA2 Received Hard Copy: 2011-08-06

Interview Date: 2012-03-09

Visa Issued: 2012-03-30

event.png

>walang tingi tingi. bulk talaga pag bibili. sa pinas, kahit asin pwedeng piso lang bibilhin mo.

>sa lugar namin, hindi pwedeng lakarin ang neighbor. sasakay ka talaga.

>pinapamigay ang mga appliances pag hindi na kailangan. friends and neighbors ng husband ko inaalok kami kung gusto namin piano, gas range, sofa.. at kung ano ano pa kasi lilipat sila or may bago sila. unlike sa pinas, bibilhin mo kahit secondhand pa or ipapaayos.

>we are using coupons too.

>you can leave your things unattended. yung sasakyan kahit nakabukas ang window, walang gagalaw jan. kahit bahay. pag aalis kami, hindi nakalock. kaya minsan pag may friend husband ko na may iiwan, sabihin ng husband ko ilagay na lang kahit saan sa loob ng bahay. very safe sa lugar namin.

>walang susunod sunod na salesladies sa mga stores.

>walang security guards kahit sa banko.

>buffet ang kfc. hehe

>farm na sa pinas ang tawag sa malaking lupang taniman, dito garden palang. hehe

>mga bahay na magaganda, walang nakatira or mga trailers na abandonado, mga buildings na ginigiba kasi daw di na safe. sa pinas, kahit sa kariton tinitirhan, tapos mga buildings hangat walang aksidente, hindi pa gigibain.

>at kung ano ano pa.. :)

having difficulty in my pregnancy here in the USA---

here i need to wait for my sched./ appointment in the hospital/ clinic--- in the PH i will just walk-in to my OB no need to wait for appointment/ sched. :(

can't buy med. at the pharmacy w/o prescription in the PH i can go to pharmacy and ask for the med. i need... :(

lab., ultrasound, etc. u can't get the result at the same day.. in the PH i can get the result in the same day... :(

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hindi naman kakaiba, more like, "what the eff?".

-Madaming obobs or unreasoble pero akala mo kung sino. - - People want to exchange a USED item dahil lang nataggal ang butones. Nyek, di ba kayo marunong magtahi???

-Madaming tamad - - Mas gugustuhin na lang mamalimos or di kaya kumuha ng unemployment check kaysa magtrabaho. I understand that sometimes the unemployment check pays better than a menial job BUT having a job keeps your resume current and gives you the opportunity to develop your skills, meet contacts, etc.

-It's more fun in the Philippines. Yes, this is sooo true. I think the people there are happier in general, regardless of their resources or lack thereof because their lives are more "balanced"- - - family, fun, career can easily be balanced. Kung di ka maingat dito, your job can burn you out and turn you into a soul-less monster. LOL

25 January 2010: Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, EAD and AP - sent via UPS overnight delivery to Chicago Lockbox

26 January 2010: Received by receptionist CHIBA at 8:30 AM/Received date on NOA

02 February 2010: Checked cashed/Notice date

05 February 2010: Received NOA's for I-130,I-485,I-131,I-130

13 February 2010: Received ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics.

17 February 2010: Date of RFE for Federal Tax 1040/Received Text & Email confirmation

19 February 2010: Received RFE in mail

22 February 2010: Mailed Response to RFE via USPS Express mail

24 February 2010: Package delivered and received at Lee's Summit office

26 February 2010: Biometrics DONE/RFE Received-case processing resumed

17 March 2010: Email approval notifications - EAD & AP.

22 March 2010: Received AP by mail. Received interview schedule notice for 22 April.

22 April 2010: Greencard Approved :)

Removal of Conditions

24 January 2012: Sent I-751 petition via USPS Overnight

25 January 2012: Delivered at CSC, Receipt Date NOA1

27 January 2012: Checked cashed

30 January 2012: Received NOA in mail.

06 February 2012: Received Biometrics notice (dated 03 Feb)

02 March 2012: Biometrics appointment.

kakaiba, I find it disrespectful sa restaurants na kunin agad ang plate mo even before some plate aren't still finish or even di pa kayo nagbabayad which people here find it disrespectful kung di agad kinuha ng waiter ang plate empty, I always get pissed and that's one thing which annoys me

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

kakaiba, I find it disrespectful sa restaurants na kunin agad ang plate mo even before some plate aren't still finish or even di pa kayo nagbabayad which people here find it disrespectful kung di agad kinuha ng waiter ang plate empty, I always get pissed and that's one thing which annoys me

Don't worry.. You are not alone on that. Here in he states. It is not about quality, but quanity. They will give you your check even before you take the first bite of your main entree. I just tell them to go away and leave me alone or they don't get tip, but even worse I won't pay for the food for the interruptions.

It is one thing coming by to fill up the drinks. It is another thing trying to kick us out the door and expect a good tip from it.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Don't worry.. You are not alone on that. Here in he states. It is not about quality, but quanity. They will give you your check even before you take the first bite of your main entree. I just tell them to go away and leave me alone or they don't get tip, but even worse I won't pay for the food for the interruptions.

It is one thing coming by to fill up the drinks. It is another thing trying to kick us out the door and expect a good tip from it.

may kasama ako pala, Im always irritated when the waiter do that, instead of us enjoying the dinner first well in my case my hubby and son doesn't care but I always don't forget our own kaugalihan

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

may kasama ako pala, Im always irritated when the waiter do that, instead of us enjoying the dinner first well in my case my hubby and son doesn't care but I always don't forget our own kaugalihan

Just tell them to go away and we will call you when needed. They will be offended but oh well, they are not there for our enjoyment. They are there for their tips.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.