wife2be.

I THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE THIS WITH ALL OF U

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

For most people, the anticipation of something wonderful is a bit part of the pleasure--vacations, parties, saving up for something you want, and event in life.

Part of this can be cultural. In my fiance's culture, for example, someone announcing that s/he is coming to visit for a month a couple of days prior to showing up is fine and seems to make it more exciting. In the US, for most folks, it would disrupt our lives and cause a great deal of stress and is never, ever a good idea outside of an emergency.

My fiance knows that this is not acceptable between us. If he wants me to do that to him, I can oblige, but if he ever does that to me, he can expect trouble between us and it certainly won't be a surprise to him.

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - who's posting the Gomer Pyle, "Surprise, Surprise Surprise" vid from YouTube? I think it's time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your fiance is seeing how easy you are to manipulate. This won't be the only example.

You are in what researchers call the "evaluation phase" of this manipulator, where they try different tactics on you to see what works. If they see that they can bait you and then withold the information to keep themselves in power over you then it will be played again and a gain in a thousand different configurations.

Nobody knows better than the manipulator that what they are doing is mean and stressful. But they put on this act, pretending their motivations are good. The purpose of doing this is to see if they can get away with saying the opposite of what they are doing. Naiive, gullible, and super-conscientious people will listen to their smiling lies instead of watching their nasty actions.

The literature says this: first, pay attention to your gut instincts: your gut says something is wrong, which is why you posted. You're darn tootin' something is wrong: you're being manipulated. Look very carefully for where else your gut was saying "red flag". Did you let them explain them away?

wow i think u are taking this whole thing too seriously.and yes i did ask him to explain and even begged him to tell me yet he wont sez its a surprise.but why shd i have to wait a whole year to know what the surprise is.its a bit duanting but i know its nothing negetive.thnx for ur advice.

Second, it says to cut manipulative people out of your life instead of suffering the insufferable. Manipulative people make for horrific marriages.

Third, if you have to live with one because it is family or a work co-hort or whatever, they say to give them choices - and these choices have to be enforceable. I don't know the specifics in your case but if this was someone new to me I would say to them that they either tell me or else this is the end of our acquaintance: I don't put up with manipulative #######. If this is some kind of outlier (which I doubt), then a similar choice is to tell them that this is the end of any conversations with them until they tell the truth. You cannot let people pull this on you or there's no end to it.

If they are cruel and unreasonable they will say they are sorry they brought it up and blame you for pressing them: then you know you have a real nasty one on your hands. A nice person is going to apologize immediatly because they have empathy for you, and tell you. The cruel person starts with a mean trick like this and then ends up blaming you for it. That isn't love. It's a war. That is how a manipulator views relationships: A war for power and control, but played in dirty underhanded tactics instead of being honest and open about it. Because underneath this mask is coward who works by deception instead of open and above-board.

There will be people saying I am reading too much into this, but they aren't the ones who have to live with a person that does this to you. If you like how you feel now, then just multiply by a thousand to understand what a life with them is going to be like if they are pulling this kind of ####### on you.

Timeline

If I can 'see' the surprise wrapped in brightly colored paper then I'll wait as long as my birthday or Christmas to find out what it is. Other than that, my limit on surprises is 24 hours. :whistle:

:rofl: hahhahah.:) so funny.thnx tho. :dance:

Timeline

I would not like to be put in this situation because it could be good or bad. What ever the surprise may be he or she should have waited until they got to US to tell you. This will give me a headache and raised my blood pressure. i will ask for them to tell me because I'm worried . Y would some1 in there right mind want you to wait until they get the US to tell you a surprise???? its not like its going to be 2morrow. No they would have to tell me. this process is already intense and you don't need anything adding to the fire.

:thumbs: exactly how i feel. :thumbs:

Timeline

I always say, if you want to surprise me (either in a good or bad way) don't ever tell me you have a surprise/something to tell me. I just lose it till I know what it is, that means I get to know it in within a day or two max! So either shut up and keep it to yourself until the time is right or you need to tell me immediately!! :)

true talk. :(

Timeline

Oh, there is a step-child you are not aware of. That's the only secret someone could hold on for a year.

:wacko: same thing i was thinking. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So have you talked to him about this concern?

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Maybe its a tattoo of your name ? - maybe its not ... I would HAVE to know.

(please accept in advance my apologies for using CAPS - not shouting btw :no: just emphasising)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Some relationships are for a Season, some are for a Reason, a few are for a Lifetime, I have experienced the "Season" and the "Reason" and I now search for the Lifetime!

--------------------------------K-1----------------------------
October 1, 2011 Mailed I-129F Application
October 7, 20122 Notice Date of NOA 1
February 15, 2012 Received Hard Copy of Approved NOA 2
March 8, 2012 Rec email Pacs 3/4 US Embassy in Bogota
March 29, 2012 Scheduled Interview
June 7, 2012 Interview APPROVED!

------------------------------Arrival @ LAX-----------------------------
July 27, 2012 Arrived POE @ LAX
October 21, 2012 Married (L) (L)

------------------------------AOS----------------------------------
April 20, 2013 Mailed AOS package

April 29, 2013 AOS NOA

May 22, 2013 Biometric date

June 7, 2013 NOA, rec. interview date for 7-16-13

June 18, 2013 EAD/AP Approved

June 29, 2013 Rec. in mail EAD/AP combo card

July 8, 2013 AOS process on HOLD, interview canceled unsure.png as wife returned to Colombia on medical emergency!

Oct. 17, 2013 AOS Interview re-schedule to November 20, 2013

Nov. 1, 2013 Rec. Notice from USCIS that 11-20-13 interview "due to unforseen circumstances" has been CANCELED. girlwerewolf2xn.gif

December 18, 2013 Rec. notice that AOS interview has been re-scheduled for January 17, 2014 (we will see)

January 17, 2014 Interview and AOS was APPROVED! dancin5hr.gif

January 27, 2014 Received GREEN CARD in mail! kicking.gif

-----------------------ROC----------------------

December 23, 2015 ROC Mailed I-751 to CSC

December 30, 2015 ROC NOA1

January 25, 2016 ROC Bio appointment

May 26, 2016 Approved!

June 4, 2016 - Received 10-year PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD in mail! :thumbs:

-----------------------CITIZENSHIP------------------

November 16, 2016 Mailed

November 19, 2016 NOA date

December 13, 2016 Biometrics

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some relationships are for a Season, some are for a Reason, a few are for a Lifetime, I have experienced the "Season" and the "Reason" and I now search for the Lifetime!

The honeymoon period lasts up to 2 years and then the real work of a relationship begins. Having common goals and values help on the long run. Good communication as well and love and respect are vital otherwise the relationship will be for a season and not for a lifetime.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12