DanielleB

USCIS called my Fiance'?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My fiance' lives in Afghanistan. A few days ago he received a call that he did not recognize. It was a weird number +441223344. It was a women who spoke perfect English. She asked him did he speak English. He said yes. She said something else but he could not hear her. He told her that the connection is very bad there sometimes. She said it is fine, I just wanted to know if you speak english. Then the phone was cut. She didn't call back and he couldnt call her back because the number was not valid. He had no idea who it was, but then we talked about it and wondered would it be someone from the Visa Center? Do they usually makes calls like this? We are waiting for our NOA2 and we are around the 4 month mark. Ok, thanks for your time.

-Danielle

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Probably a scam. Be careful

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Probably a scam. Be careful

That is a UK phone number with a Cambridge dialing code. Missing three digits from the end though.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds fishy....be careful! :no:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

When we were going through the process, I received a call ( I am the USC) asking about my ex-wife. So maybe it is not unusual to have someone checking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If not related to your case...then only info this lady got out of your fiance is that he speaks English...

If indeed it was someone related to your application...then you can assume they are working on your case...and this is a GOOD thing :star:

Be happy.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance' lives in Afghanistan. A few days ago he received a call that he did not recognize. It was a weird number +441223344. It was a women who spoke perfect English. She asked him did he speak English. He said yes. She said something else but he could not hear her. He told her that the connection is very bad there sometimes. She said it is fine, I just wanted to know if you speak english. Then the phone was cut. She didn't call back and he couldnt call her back because the number was not valid. He had no idea who it was, but then we talked about it and wondered would it be someone from the Visa Center? Do they usually makes calls like this? We are waiting for our NOA2 and we are around the 4 month mark. Ok, thanks for your time.

-Danielle

USCIS does not call beneficiaries and it is extremely rare that they would call the petitioner, but they do sometimes. They have only a very few people authorized to do so and would never call to ask if he spoke English anyway. This was NOT an official government call.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Was calling to see if you kids want to go out for pizza and beer tonight? My Pashto is a little rough so switched to English.

:rofl::rofl:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

It doesn't seem that he disclosed confidential information. Anyway, did she even introduce herself? I mean, if I got a call from someone who simply asks "do you speak English?", I would answer "Speak THIS!" and hang up. Just me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I've only heard of these calls from others who fell for it. In any ways, the "normal" procedure is you get a phone call, pick up/not pick up. If you decide to call back, it automatically charges a fee on your phone bill the next time. If the phone has a block on it(my last sony ericsson had) you might be able to block that number from calling your fiance again, or have it go straight to voice mail.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's strange because last Saturday I received similar call from this number +43820946038, it looks like a German number and when I called back the line wasn't clear at all I can barely hear anything that a similar lady said, I figured it out that it might be tel-traders , but where on earth do they get our numbers from?

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Timeline

This was a scam, if you ever got a call their will be an official identification and a number, lucky you did not respond with sensitive information.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.