Bad_Daddy

New Hampshire Bill Would Allow Refusal Of Service To Gay Couples

56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Because we've buried this type of garbage some time ago. No benefit to be had from exhuming any of this.

I see. So your own bigotry prevents you from accepting others for who they are.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

You're ignorant as hell if you think that just because you might be all of those things you haven't experienced discrimination.

I might be a white able-bodied male, but I've had my fair share of instances growing up of being bullied, harassed, teased, etc..... and not just by other little white kids either. Of course this is what happens when you grow up in a mixed-culture/mixed-income city like Fort Worth. It's not all "black and white" as it is in the north-eastern US where racism is rampant.

dear musical note,

i simply posed a question. and i am more interested in your experience as an adult. i am sure you were somewhat less vociferous in your tortured tejas youth.

love,

the northeastern coalition to promote racism (NAMBLA)

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

dear musical note,

i simply posed a question. and i am more interested in your experience as an adult. i am sure you were somewhat less vociferous in your tortured tejas youth.

love,

the northeastern coalition to promote racism (NAMBLA)

I've been discriminated against actually yes. Do I hold that against certain parties? No. It's a face of life. Get over it and move on to greater things.

Discrimination is never going away until you eradicate the entire human race or until someone like Hitler is succesful.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline
I see. So your own bigotry prevents you from accepting others for who they are.

No, you don't see. Anything. Standing against discrimination is not bigotry. Accepting discrimination is not accepting others for who they are. Accepting others for who they are is standing up against discrimination. I do not accept discrimination and will stand against it. Always.

No, you don't see. Anything. Standing against discrimination is not bigotry. Accepting discrimination is not accepting others for who they are. Accepting others for who they are is standing up against discrimination. I do not accept discrimination and will stand against it. Always.

So should hotel and resteraunt owners serve someone married to a farm animal if that's allowed? I mean where does it end?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

why always the bestiality concern? its SO ODD how fixated you seem to be.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

why always the bestiality concern? its SO ODD how fixated you seem to be.

I don't know how to be more blunt about it without violating the ever changing TOS around here, but there's nothing normal about two men buggering each other. Nothing whatsoever. It may seem cool to some because it's considered politically correct these days, or even fashionable but it's anything but normal.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

It should stop at man and farm animal.

Well aren't you being the bigoted one on here now. :whistle:

sigbet.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/seattle-woman-marries-building-protest-demolition-224250710.html

Seattle woman “marries” building

By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 23 hrs ago

A Seattle woman recently exchanged one-sided wedding vows with an abandoned warehouse building that is set to be demolished to make way for a new apartment building.

In December, Babylonia Aivaz and 16 friends occupied the warehouse, located on 10th and Union streets, to protest the planned development of an apartment complex on the site.

"Gentrification is happening," Aivaz said. "It's a serious issue that affects poor people and especially people of color and this is just the beginning of the fight."

Calling it a "gay marriage," Aivaz was asked by the attending minister if she would "love and cherish and protect this warehouse."

Aivaz reportedly responded in verse, quoting the Cat Power song "Sea of Love."

"Come with me my love, to the sea, the sea of love. I want to tell you how much I love you."

She then added her own verses:

"Do you remember when we met? I cleaned your rooms and washed your floors, built community, opened some doors. You changed my life. I'll never forget the day we met. I'll cherish your community sprit until the day I die."

After the ceremony, a large banner reading, "I Do" was hung outside the building as the estimated 50 attendees sang, "Lean on Me." Nonetheless, demolition on the building began ahead of schedule, starting last Friday.

Aivaz caused some unintended controversy with her ceremony. A pair of protestors showed up to the event, objecting to her use of the term "gay marriage" because it weakens the fight to legal same-sex marriage in the state.

"With the delicate nature of Washington state and the attempt to legalize gay marriage, I find her saying it's a gay marriage disrespectful," Phoenix Lopez told KOMO.

"Her saying it's a gay marriage sets the community back with Christians and politicians and gives them a chance to say, 'See, we told you, they're going to want to marry everything if we give them the opportunity,'" added fellow protestor Johnny McCollum-Blair. "Having compassion against something you love, I understand, but to call it a gay union is irresponsible."

sigbet.jpg

Homosexuality is no more cool nor fashionable than heterosexuality is.

Those drop-crotch trousers are apparently cool and fashionable, but I think they're horrendous.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Homosexuality is no more cool nor fashionable than heterosexuality is.

Those drop-crotch trousers are apparently cool and fashionable, but I think they're horrendous.

Oh it's considered trendy and cool all right among the different crowd in lib hangouts like LA, Bay Area, Seattle, NYC, and Vermont. Red wine, some food that I wouldn't feed to my dog if I had one, ####### music, turtle necks, those big thick ####### black rape proof eye glasses, along with a mousy looking hairdo (lib chicks think the ugly the better...no fashion style ftw), and some homosexual friends makes for the ultimate cocktail party for some lib peeps.

And don't forget the stupid magazine lying around along with some books that nobody is ever going to read but they look good to have up and showing. It gives the condo that "intelligent look". And make sure your car is foreign... preferably European.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

I don't know how to be more blunt about it without violating the ever changing TOS around here.

you are incapable of articulating your beliefs about gays without violating TOS. your hatred seethes out everytime you post. it is UNBELIEVABLE that so many of your vicious comments are allowed to stand.

now, where was i?

ah yes.

Passage of the New Hampshire bill is unlikely–it is, in a way, even more radical than the overarching repeal bill.  And, as ThinkProgress points out, there’s another wrinkle:

Given the bill doesn’t even specify “same-sex” marriage, it would hypothetically protect the right of “conscience” to discriminate against any kind of marriage, including interracial, binational, and interdenominational couples. For this reason, it’s likely this bill would be preempted by the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, among other nondiscrimination statutes.

source