caduceus37

nbi clearance

138 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Vj friends,is it true that even my previous marriage has been terminated( annuled)..and im not using my ex husbands name,is it true that aside from my NBI clearance that im going to submit to embassy using my maiden name,do i need to submit NBI clearance aka using my ex husband's last name to the embassy during the interview?

Timeline

I take it you are a FIlipina by the way it sounds and if you are you had better get the A.K.A. for your NBI or the Consular Officer will send you back to get it. Any names that you have used, especially if they are a matter of record will require the A.K.A. Don't listen ti tthe BS that the NBI people will tell you. You just tell them that the US Embassy requires it becasue you have used the name and they should add it on the NBI clearance as an A.K.A., Thaey typ it on the bottom of the form and use your real name, birth name, as the main name on it. Hope this helps you. Believe me, don't le NBI tell you you don't need it, you tell them you need it and if they refuse speak to a superior at the NBI. I would also get Cenomars with the different names also. Good luck.

Edited by RickJovi

Timeline

I take it you are a FIlipina by the way it sounds and if you are you had better get the A.K.A. for your NBI or the Consular Officer will send you back to get it. Any names that you have used, especially if they are a matter of record will require the A.K.A. Don't listen ti tthe BS that the NBI people will tell you. You just tell them that the US Embassy requires it becasue you have used the name and they should add it on the NBI clearance as an A.K.A., Thaey typ it on the bottom of the form and use your real name, birth name, as the main name on it. Hope this helps you. Believe me, don't le NBI tell you you don't need it, you tell them you need it and if they refuse speak to a superior at the NBI. I would also get Cenomars with the different names also. Good luck.

Hi,why do i need to get a cenomar?? thanks:)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You will ask for a new NBI Clearance. When you fill out the form. There is a field for "OTHER NAME AKA " right below " NICKNAME " field. There you will place your previous married name.

NBI%252Bclearance%252Bapplication%252Bform.jpg

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

You will ask for a new NBI Clearance. When you fill out the form. There is a field for "OTHER NAME AKA " right below " NICKNAME " field. There you will place your previous married name.

NBI%252Bclearance%252Bapplication%252Bform.jpg

Thanks Wally,pls.have patient with me.you notice i always ask questions,im worrying,depress thinking about my visa,i always ask myself why is it there's always problem with the processing? why is it hard for me to have a visa:(

im worried if the nbi ask questions about my marriages? or might cause problem because i have 2 nulled marriages? are they going to ivestigate my having nulled marriages? or they only case about the nbi record?

Timeline

Thanks Wally,pls.have patient with me.you notice i always ask questions,im worrying,depress thinking about my visa,i always ask myself why is it there's always problem with the processing? why is it hard for me to have a visa:(

im worried if the nbi ask questions about my marriages? or might cause problem because i have 2 nulled marriages? are they going to investigate my having nulled marriages? or they only care about the nbi record?

Timeline

im worried if the nbi ask questions about my marriages? or might cause problem because i have 2 nulled marriages? are they going to investigate my having nulled marriages? or they only care about the nbi record?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::D :D :D We are here for you and we are all patient. :D

When you stop asking questions. That's when I am worried LOL :lol: Always ask if you do not know because someone else will know and give the best answer or advise.

Don't be depressed. Life if full and wonderful. Remember what you think is hard is easy for other. I tell my friends when they complain about there life here in USA. Think about it, there are people in other countries that would give their limbs to be here. There are people that can't feed themselves because there is no food, clean water and proper clothing.

Just think when you see a less fortunate fellow Filipino mother and child or whole family that barely get by. Then look to see if they still get up everyday and thank god for blessing them to see another day. They go about there day and still survive.

So don't be depress thank God for how far he has put in the process. Thank God for all the knowledge fellow Visa Journey member's give that help all here on VJ. You are blessed and be confident and humble.

Actually these are not problem but a process. Problem is when you say Ah Oh!!! :o this is not going to work!! LOL :lol:

Will... it's not hard for you. It's a process that is not easy. If it were easy USA would be flood with immigrants from everywhere... LOL!!!

Your circumstances make your process a little more challenging. But you are moving forward and not backwards or standing still ;):D

Remember you have two more processes to complete then your done!! USEM interview and CFO Seminar. Both you will do fine and pass. CFO you may need additional documents but I will research and let you know my findings for CFO and annulled marriage. Please don't worry!!

Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::D :D :D We are here for you and we are all patient. :D

When you stop asking questions. That's when I am worried LOL :lol: Always ask if you do not know because someone else will know and give the best answer or advise.

Don't be depressed. Life if full and wonderful. Remember what you think is hard is easy for other. I tell my friends when they complain about there life here in USA. Think about it, there are people in other countries that would give their limbs to be here. There are people that can't feed themselves because there is no food, clean water and proper clothing.

Just think when you see a less fortunate fellow Filipino mother and child or whole family that barely get by. Then look to see if they still get up everyday and thank god for blessing them to see another day. They go about there day and still survive.

So don't be depress thank God for how far he has put in the process. Thank God for all the knowledge fellow Visa Journey member's give that help all here on VJ. You are blessed and be confident and humble.

Actually these are not problem but a process. Problem is when you say Ah Oh!!! :o this is not going to work!! LOL :lol:

Will... it's not hard for you. It's a process that is not easy. If it were easy USA would be flood with immigrants from everywhere... LOL!!!

Your circumstances make your process a little more challenging. But you are moving forward and not backwards or standing still ;):D

Remember you have two more processes to complete then your done!! USEM interview and CFO Seminar. Both you will do fine and pass. CFO you may need additional documents but I will research and let you know my findings for CFO and annulled marriage. Please don't worry!!

This is the reason i always send you messages everytime i get depressed with my situation,its how you give me hope with your inspiring messages in this journey of my life.i feel better everytime i get reply from you,you are very supportive to all your vj freinds,thank you so much wally.i talked to my fiance today crying and he said its a process,but im getting more tired because there is always something wrong.its like after the other problem like my psychological test.theres another one again,whats next? NBI,then whats next? im not only nervous and depressed but very scared.

thank you for the patience and for helping me since i joined this group.

im scared of the interview,i dont even know whats CFO? one time i told my fiance,why is it hard for me to go to united states,and very easy for you to travel in our country.its not fair.

Timeline

This is the reason i always send you messages everytime i get depressed with my situation,its how you give me hope with your inspiring messages in this journey of my life.i feel better everytime i get reply from you,you are very supportive to all your vj freinds,thank you so much wally.

I just believe in God and that we are all human beings and should help each other in our lives. God is good and blesses all of us. We should take our blessing and share it in the world.

i talked to my fiance today crying and he said its a process,but im getting more tired because there is always something wrong.its like after the other problem like my psychological test.theres another one again,whats next? NBI,then whats next? im not only nervous and depressed but very scared.

thank you for the patience and for helping me since i joined this group.

No problem. :):thumbs: like I said always here to help. Being on VJ and talking to friends helped you to find out things you would never have known. Think of it this way. Say you did know about VJ and nobody was there to advise you. Maybe on medical you would of given up or been so discourage that you not follow through with the process.

Look after you went to medical you where discouraged but really it made you determined. You got right on VJ and posted you situation. We all responded with advise, support and knowledge. You got through that process and prevail. Yes it was stressful and probably annoying.. but it's done. Next step..

NBI say if your friend did not tell you about the AKA or previous married name on the NBI. You would of went to the interview and received a 221G form. Which means request for additional or missing documents or did not mean a requirement. Then you would have been delayed.

But now you know all this prior to the interview. :) Now you will have the correct NBI document. so on the interview there are no delays and no 221G form to receive. :)

im scared of the interview,i dont even know whats CFO? one time i told my fiance,why is it hard for me to go to united states,and very easy for you to travel in our country.its not fair.

I know.. My wife was scared and nervous too.. What made it easy for her was that I attend the interview with her at USEM. I believe me being there help to calm her and be more confident. Even though she still stumbled on some questions from the US Consulate. She would look at me for the answer and I would say " he is asking you the question not me ". Even if the petitioner is there. The interview is for you the beneficiary. So my answer do not count. My presence there shows we are serious and helps proves our relationship.

I wish there was a quick, easier and less stressful way to immigrate to the USA. The process is this way because of Homeland Security, USCIS, Department of State, FBI, and NVC. These government departments have a piece in all of this process. That is the USA government for you.

Why is easy for a USA citizen to travel to other countries. Well we all allies with many countries and support many others. Here is why it's hard for foreigners to come to USA. USA is also a big target for terrorist and unfriendly countries that would love for another 9/11 to happen or some terrorist act to happen. So the government makes it strict for foreigners to come here.

Actually K-1, IR-1/CR-1, are the easiest way to come to USA but there are marriage and fiance visas. That now binds the US Citizen to the immigrant. We are responsible for the immigrant.

One of the hardest visas to obtain is the Visitor visa. 90% are denied. USA makes the visitor visa so strict. They don't want people coming to the USA and visit. Then say wow I like it here and stay illegally.

Is it fair that US citizen can travel so easy to practical any country in the world. NO!! but the USA has influenced, established relationships and perceptions in the world that we are the good guys and can be trusted. LOL!! This will lead in to politics and personal views. So I stop at that point.

Stay strong keep us posted on the NBI. When is your USEM Interview date?

Timeline

Hi Vj friends,is it true that even my previous marriage has been terminated( annuled)..and im not using my ex husbands name,is it true that aside from my NBI clearance that im going to submit to embassy using my maiden name,do i need to submit NBI clearance aka using my ex husband's last name to the embassy during the interview?

Hi yes you have to get NBI clearance the names that you had been using if you had 2 annulments

then 2 AKA and your maiden name.

Good Luck

Timeline

Hi yes you have to get NBI clearance the names that you had been using if you had 2 annulments

then 2 AKA and your maiden name.

Good Luck

Hi wally,i haven't reschedule my interview,my fiance said to wait till i got nbi clearance,the expiry date of my approval noticed is on feb.26,2012.i dont know if i have still enough time to take care of all i need before the expiration date.i will go and get nbi tom.

Timeline

Hi wally,i haven't reschedule my interview,my fiance said to wait till i got nbi clearance,the expiry date of my approval noticed is on feb.26,2012.i dont know if i have still enough time to take care of all i need before the expiration date.i will go and get nbi tom.

Hi wally and inyong,thanks for the message.yes,wally said need to get nbi with aka.i will do it tom.i dont know how im gonna tell he nbi about my marriages,i hope they wont charge me more money.

Do i need to get a cenomar copy aside from my annulment copy from nso? im confuse because one of our friend in VJ told me to get one to avoid delay? it means i will submit annulment copy from nso,annulment decision letter and cenomar??? what do you think wally and inyong? pls.need your advice again pls.thanks.

Timeline

Hi wally and inyong,thanks for the message.yes,wally said need to get nbi with aka.i will do it tom.i dont know how im gonna tell he nbi about my marriages,i hope they wont charge me more money.

No need to tell and if they ask just tell it's for you immigrant visas and interview at USEM. They will issue you a new NBI Clearance. You will pay the normal fee for a NBI Clearance. There is no extra charge for a new NBI Clearance with AKA added.

Do i need to get a cenomar copy aside from my annulment copy from nso?

If you already have a CENOMAR. Then NO. You do not need a new Cenomar.

im confuse because one of our friend in VJ told me to get one to avoid delay? it means i will submit annulment copy from nso,annulment decision letter and cenomar??? what do you think wally and inyong? pls.need your advice again pls.thanks.

Yes Submit Annulment Copy, Annulment Desicions Letter, Cenomar, NBI Clearance with AKA (previously married name).

Let me know what happens tomorrow.

Timeline

No need to tell and if they ask just tell it's for you immigrant visas and interview at USEM. They will issue you a new NBI Clearance. You will pay the normal fee for a NBI Clearance. There is no extra charge for a new NBI Clearance with AKA added.

If you already have a CENOMAR. Then NO. You do not need a new Cenomar.

Yes Submit Annulment Copy, Annulment Desicions Letter, Cenomar, NBI Clearance with AKA (previously married name).

Let me know what happens tomorrow.

i will let you know wally,thanks! im nervous with my nbi tom because of my nulled marriages.they might ask extra charge? im being paranoid again:( i dont have cenomar yet.i will get one :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.