ilovejackie

NBI clearance

8 posts in this topic

NBI documents are valid for 1 year from the date of issue so you should have no problem getting them now.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The NBI may be valid for a year but I would wait until closer to when the petition is approved and heading towards the embassy before requesting it. IMHO

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The NBI may be valid for a year but I would wait until closer to when the petition is approved and heading towards the embassy before requesting it. IMHO

I Agree with You 100%!! :thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got mine March 2011 and my interview was September 2011.

Thats Good Miss Salome, 8 months from getting it and still Valid because its good for 1 year. My fiances NBI expired in November 2011 so of course she had it renewed. good until November 2012. of course she got a "Hit" again even after taking the old NBI that hadnt expired yet.they told her they had to send it off to NBI in Manila for further processing because of the "HIT".She got renewal in 2 weeks!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Because of the potential delays encountered when a hit is returned that is why I feel its best to get it done early unless the previous posters have a profound reason.

Once things start moving on your package you are going to be in a hurry, plus you need to indicate to the embassy that you are ready to move forward and you have everything they are asking for. If you encounter a delay for the NBI, this will cause you to encounter a significant additional delay with scheduling your interview. Possibly an additional month if the interview slots have filled for the month. If the K-1 or CR-1 visa process is taking between 6-9 months, and the NBI is valid for 12 then most applicants will not encounter any negative aspects from getting this document processed ahead of time.

Are you so worried about $10 dollars for the NBI clearance that you're willing to risk waiting an additional month? I'll take my chances on a more prompt processing time line just for the sanity of having it done give me. If the USG is too slow and you are getting close, you can always send your fiancee down to the NBI again to renew it, but most will never have to do that.

We got my wife's NBI back in June '11 and she had a hit and it caused us to have a 2 wk delay. We discovered she needed to include her previous married name even though she never went by that name, so I sent her back a week or two ago to get it again. Guess what, she got hit again but this time they are telling her its a 5 week delay before she can return to get her NBI document.

So if you wait until the near term time that you may need the document you could run into unnecessary delays that are absolutely avoidable and since you are already spending months waiting you might as well put that time to good use when you are not rushing to get all of the NVC and USEM processes completed. CFO, Medical, Interview, etc. Your fiancee will have enough things to worry about at that time so why not lessen the stress by checking off one of those things that can be done ahead of time?

Same goes for the CFO seminar and getting her GCCertificate so she can get her passport modified with her married name if you're doing a CR-1.

Only a very few will have theirs expire before your interview if any with the present processing time lines.

So I don't see you justification unless there is something I am missing.

Edited by easyriders2011

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone requesting an NBI that has been married (then got anullment) should included their previous married name in the request. Nothing wrong with requesting an NBI early to make sure there are no issues but I still would request a "fresh" one closer to interview time... just saying.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.