Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Birth Certficate of Fiance in Russian Language

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The I-129F petition phase of the K-1 process does not require the beneficiary's birth certificate at all. The only birth certificate you'd submit with an I-129F is the US citizen's, and if the US citizen's birth certificate is in Russian you'll need something else (passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, etc.) to establish US citizenship and eligibility for the benefit.

:guides:Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e)

Translate it. The NVC cannot read Russian.

I-129F/K-1 filers do not submit any documents to NVC. After the I-129F is approved and the beneficiary is preparing for the interview at the US embassy/consulate abroad, the birth certificate will need to be submitted along with a certified English translation.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.