UK_Fan

nat geo

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Gary, you really are a fruitcake ahah. if someone has an opinion that differs yours, you just don't take it very lightely.

to me, this is just a discussion, and i won't give it another thought after i close this page, you, however, are trying to prove me wrong so bad, that you're constantly saying something about my intelect.

just because you or Why_Me are older then i am, doesn't mean ####### to me... had i not mentioned my age here, you would never know.

as a matter of fact, you two ARE acting like everything i'm saying about an American man.. just because i'm not agreeing with your opinion, it makes me dumb.

not the case, sorry.

event.png

I never said agenciesfor meeting people do not exist. I DID say mail order bride businesses do not exist, as you agree, they do not. Just because I can get a google hit does not mean they exist as mail order brides.

THERE ARE NO MAIL ORDER BRIDES I do not care what someone called it on TV, there is no such thing

How am I naive? It is not I that posts over and over that there are such "mail order" services. I do not care how people MEET, that is, how they are introduced, the first time and I do not believe it makes ANY difference in whether they have a good marriage or not. I also do not consider it demeaning to a person who chooses to do that.

Gary, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. If you advertise on a site or in a magazine that you will leave your country for marriage, then that's like a mail order marriage. Right?

Now, that doesn't make it BAD. But it does make it look like a transaction. It might work out well for everybody involved. But there is a HUGE opportunity for BOTH parties to be deceived, or misled, or even let down monstrously. IMO it is very risky, especially for the foreigner. It's not like they can just run home to Momma, or call up an old friend to let them spend the night.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Um...she just said you are wrong. Did you catch that?

do what?? you must be a bad psychic, cause that is not true..

giving your opinions left and right is one thing, but misinterpreting what i say is another.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary, you really are a fruitcake ahah. if someone has an opinion that differs yours, you just don't take it very lightely.

to me, this is just a discussion, and i won't give it another thought after i close this page, you, however, are trying to prove me wrong so bad, that you're constantly saying something about my intelect.

just because you or Why_Me are older then i am, doesn't mean ####### to me... had i not mentioned my age here, you would never know.

as a matter of fact, you two ARE acting like everything i'm saying about an American man.. just because i'm not agreeing with your opinion, it makes me dumb.

not the case, sorry.

When did I say something about your intellect? :unsure:

do what?? you must be a bad psychic, cause that is not true..

giving your opinions left and right is one thing, but misinterpreting what i say is another.

Rebecca jo said you were wrong about mail order bride businesses as well as I did

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

When did I say something about your intellect? :unsure:

seriously? are you in a haze? or do you not keep a track of what you're saying?

Wow really? You're gonna go with the "you disagree with me, therefore you are a troll" bit again? At least show some creativity, man!

that's what Gary is saying.. hello? have you been reading the same thing i have?

event.png

Timeline

*shrugs*

He's a guy who really loves his wife, even if he types stuff on here about her that some of us don't understand. I don't know why he feels the need to get all defensive about cultural perceptions if they don't apply to him. And I don't know why he feels the need to be cruel to half the VJ readership just to prove his devotion to his wife. We can all clearly see he loves her. It would be a lot more fun if we could enjoy that with him without being degraded by him. Like he says, basically we are all got here on the same boat.

thank you, i'm not the only one who takes his posts this way.. even if he does it indeirectly, after reading anything he writes, you feel like you've just been hit with a brick.

and by no means i'm saying he's getting to the point that way, he, in most cases, IS the troll.. he passes it as a simple opinion and then BAM! lol

event.png

Timeline

Gary, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. If you advertise on a site or in a magazine that you will leave your country for marriage, then that's like a mail order marriage. Right?

Now, that doesn't make it BAD. But it does make it look like a transaction. It might work out well for everybody involved. But there is a HUGE opportunity for BOTH parties to be deceived, or misled, or even let down monstrously. IMO it is very risky, especially for the foreigner. It's not like they can just run home to Momma, or call up an old friend to let them spend the night.

It does not look to me like anything other than what it is. An online dating/meeting site where the participants are open about their eventual intent. There is huge opportunity for fraud anywhere

How did the circumstances of say, the way I met Alla, protect either of us from fraud? Heck I took a strange womans suitcase and said "follow me" in bad Russian. She could just as well have charged me with a crime! :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

seriously? are you in a haze? or do you not keep a track of what you're saying?

I do not keep track. Show me the post please, where I questioned your intellect. This is not a personal thing, you are wrong. There is no mail order business selling women, period.

Gary And Alla

It does not look to me like anything other than what it is. An online dating/meeting site where the participants are open about their eventual intent. There is huge opportunity for fraud anywhere

How did the circumstances of say, the way I met Alla, protect either of us from fraud? Heck I took a strange womans suitcase and said "follow me" in bad Russian. She could just as well have charged me with a crime! :lol:

Gary, it's just like any other kind of advertising. Let the buyer beware.

Alla was not standing at the bus stop with a sign saying "Looking for Foreign Man to pick up my suitcase".

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

I do not keep track. Show me the post please, where I questioned your intellect. This is not a personal thing, you are wrong. There is no mail order business selling women, period.

they way you answer, it quite frankly, comes off as i'm better than you and i know better.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

two posts with personal insults removed

as two warnings were given, both members thread banned.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread closed per op request

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.