Abdulinlove

Is anybody else's spouse like this?

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well my mother-in-law always tells the hubs to be nice to me, 'specially cause I'm pregnant. :star: After running around like a lunatic all week, working, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, bribing them to do their homework, scrubbing marker off the floor with magic eraser (thanks to the baby), the least hubs could do is make me an egg sammich & coffee on Saturday. :thumbs: Besides, he's kinda proud of himself that he makes something I'll actually eat.

You still haven't gotten rid of the rag-on-a-stick? :unsure:

Holy Guacamole, CONGRATS!!!!!! There is only one appropriate response under the circumstances. luv.gifluv.gifluv.gif

And, of course,

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

I have to disagree with you on that one. The man is the man. Whether he be working or sitting on the couch watching ESPN and playing on the net while collecting unemployment he is still the man of the house. There is one king of the house and one king only.

It's this new wave thinking that has the roles of marriage all messed up these days and that's what causes problems. One man, one woman and both have roles in the marriage.

In our household the man sits at the head of the table and there's no hyphenated last names.

laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif

I really needed a chortle today, beyond my usual girlish giggle.

*giggle*

I better get back to waiting upon my boy now -- he hardly ever lets me near the internet machine because, he says, that is for the KING.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Abdul, what news from the kitchen?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Sounds like my husband. He uses those for cereal too. He can eat like half a box of Cheerios easy, and he's like 150 lbs. soaking wet. :lol:

I do the vast majority of the cooking but I have to say, my husband has mastered the art of making egg sandwiches. :yes: What can I say, I get spoiled on Saturday mornings.

That's not good. Like others have said, maybe seek counseling.

He's got good taste. Cheerios rock! A box is like three servings and then it's empty. :(

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

When my wife and friends get together, they cook more than enough food to feed a small army. Then at the end of the evening, they divide it all up and take it home. That way they get to sample that comfort food for days. Her culture usually doesn't get to eat like that except on special occasions, so they make lots of things special occasions.

When my wife and friends get together, they cook more than enough food to feed a small army. Then at the end of the evening, they divide it all up and take it home. That way they get to sample that comfort food for days. Her culture usually doesn't get to eat like that except on special occasions, so they make lots of things special occasions.

you forgot...take 100+ pictures & post them on FB after each gathering too.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Yeah, that's how my mom & her sisters are. They can't stand the sight of each other on a normal day, but when they all get together it becomes a "special occasion" which calls for a feast.

you forgot...take 100+ pictures & post them on FB after each gathering too.

LOL... Belarusians do the same thing. Not post them on FB, but they always take the pics before they start eating and while everyone is sitting at the table and the food is heaped up.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

LOL... Belarusians do the same thing. Not post them on FB, but they always take the pics before they start eating and while everyone is sitting at the table and the food is heaped up.

Every time we go out, the wife has to take a picture of the food when it is served, to share later on FB.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Meh, those are all cultural traits common in any developing country and not just RUB. Throwing a "feast" for guests is a status symbol there to show that they have plenty. They dont do it because they think you are some kind of American king, but because they don't want you to leave their place and tell other that they poor. Food is cheap & affordable in developed (Western) countries, so it is not really a big deal when it comes to entertaining. Again, it is the same about wasting food.. People who grew up poor have a harder time throwing away food. Not really typical of Ukraine.

Oh thank you for the explanation on Ukrainian customs. So why do you think his American wife is so stingy and unwilling to do her job?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You still haven't gotten rid of the rag-on-a-stick? :unsure:
No, man (sigh, man). I found rice in the cat's water bowl tonight, obviously flung by the rag-on-a-stick, see man.

Congratulations on your continuing adventures with reproductivity, and on Hubby for being able to cook anything, si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).