Tiana

Convictions and RFE!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got an RFE for a domestic violence charge from 1999. I went to the police station and got a certified letter stating that they have no records for me and they destroy records after 5 years. I then went to the court house and managed to get a copy of the file that was supposedly "destroyed". You need to have something from the courts stating that they dont have anything on you. I guess this just shows them that you tried. As far as drug charges, the instructions state 3 or more convictions. I wish you luck.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got a RFE on Tuesday. We can not get a document for possession of paraphernalia! We sent USCIS only 2 documents about convictions and wrote the letter that we can not get document but we tried! We wrote all phone numbers and let them know that I already know about his convictions( submitted scan of facebook page and my email). What do you people think, we will be denied????

what documents did you send them about the convictions? my fiance sent a court record with the convictions in it... it wasn't hard to get it.. :)

event.png

When people start making their own assumptions instead of following the instruction given and do what they are asked for, that's when they get into trouble.

RFE stands for request for evidence, you were supposed to send the evidence they asked for along with the letter. You don't just send homemade letters and emails and hope it will be okay.

Unfortunately hope doesn't get you immigration visa, but following instructions strictly is. I am afraid your RFE response will be insufficient and your petition denied, sorry...oops8rh.gif

I thought you said you had already sent off your reply to the RFE yesterday?

We sent but then after reading the posts here we shiped back the letter! We are going to wait for the letter from the court clerk and then will send papers to USCIS!

I got an RFE for a domestic violence charge from 1999. I went to the police station and got a certified letter stating that they have no records for me and they destroy records after 5 years. I then went to the court house and managed to get a copy of the file that was supposedly "destroyed". You need to have something from the courts stating that they dont have anything on you. I guess this just shows them that you tried. As far as drug charges, the instructions state 3 or more convictions. I wish you luck.

Thank you so much! The clerk will send the letter next week!

We sent but then after reading the posts here we shiped back the letter! We are going to wait for the letter from the court clerk and then will send papers to USCIS!

I'm just wondering here because it sounds a bit confusing... you've send the RFE reply to USCIS, then you somehow pulled that reply so it would not go to USCIS but back to you? How did you send the reply to them?

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

I'm just wondering here because it sounds a bit confusing... you've send the RFE reply to USCIS, then you somehow pulled that reply so it would not go to USCIS but back to you? How did you send the reply to them?

We sent it by USA post. You can cancel the shipment if you fill out the form in post office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We sent it by USA post. You can cancel the shipment if you fill out the form in post office.

So I'm just wondering, what were the docs that you originally sent along with the I-129F package? Did you send any court record at all? or just a letter that explains your situation? hehe thanks:)

event.png

We got a RFE on Tuesday. We can not get a document for possession of paraphernalia! We sent USCIS only 2 documents about convictions and wrote the letter that we can not get document but we tried! We wrote all phone numbers and let them know that I already know about his convictions( submitted scan of facebook page and my email). What do you people think, we will be denied????

You need to go to the County Courthouse and/or police station where the incident occured . Have the clerk do a search and if nothing is found they will write NO RECORDS FOUND on a records search document.That will be the proof you need. I had checked the box YES for an A&B that i was arrested for but there was no conviction. I had to prove it was not a conviction. If it was an arrest with no conviction there will be no court records, only a police report.

You need to go to the County Courthouse and/or police station where the incident occured . Have the clerk do a search and if nothing is found they will write NO RECORDS FOUND on a records search document.That will be the proof you need. I had checked the box YES for an A&B that i was arrested for but there was no conviction. I had to prove it was not a conviction. If it was an arrest with no conviction there will be no court records, only a police report.

Thank you so much. We sent certified copies only for 2 convictions and the third was not found in court files so we sent a letter that it is unavailable, it was our mistake! Now waiting for the official letter from the court. Thanks you guys who stopped us from sending our letter.

Thanks, I didn't know this was actually possible with them :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

wow I just read this topic and started shaking, I checked "Three or more convictions for crimes related to a controlled substance..." in part C question 2 and just like Tiana i only had court papers for 2 of them, the third one was not on file since it was a long time ago, but I had that clarified in a letter of explanation (all 3 relating to DUI)

But im about to start freaking out now, am i gona get an RFE as well?

S.O.S :wow:

01/23/2012 - delivered to Lewisville
01/26/2012 - NOA1 text & email
08/07/2012 - NOA2 text & email (the happiest day of my life!)
08/11/2012 - NOA2 hard copy
08/16/2012 - received at NVC
08/20/2012 - left NVC
08/23/2012 - received at the US Embassy in Moscow
08/30/2012 - received a letter with instructions
10/30/2012 - interview - APPROVED!
02/20/2013 - POE Washington DC - planned but not done

08/28/2013 - visa renewed

10/27/2013 - POE NYC

12/06/2013 - married!

12/24/2013 - filed for AOS

wow I just read this topic and started shaking, I checked "Three or more convictions for crimes related to a controlled substance..." in part C question 2 and just like Tiana i only had court papers for 2 of them, the third one was not on file since it was a long time ago, but I had that clarified in a letter of explanation (all 3 relating to DUI)

But im about to start freaking out now, am i gona get an RFE as well?

S.O.S :wow:

Oh I do not know! I hope God bless us! We sent 2 certified copies for drunk driving and one letter of explanation why we can not submit the doc for possession of paraphernalia and scan of Facebook and email where it shows that I already knew about his convictions before we have met in person!!! Btw USCIS recieved our letter on Monday, the post office could not cancel the shipment! So now we are praying! I really hope we will not be denied( I HOPE THEY WILL APPROVE OUR CASE)!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh I do not know! I hope God bless us! We sent 2 certified copies for drunk driving and one letter of explanation why we can not submit the doc for possession of paraphernalia and scan of Facebook and email where it shows that I already knew about his convictions before we have met in person!!! Btw USCIS recieved our letter on Monday, the post office could not cancel the shipment! So now we are praying! I really hope we will not be denied( I HOPE THEY WILL APPROVE OUR CASE)!!!

dam.. i hope everything is going to work out for you, ill keep my fingers crossed!!

01/23/2012 - delivered to Lewisville
01/26/2012 - NOA1 text & email
08/07/2012 - NOA2 text & email (the happiest day of my life!)
08/11/2012 - NOA2 hard copy
08/16/2012 - received at NVC
08/20/2012 - left NVC
08/23/2012 - received at the US Embassy in Moscow
08/30/2012 - received a letter with instructions
10/30/2012 - interview - APPROVED!
02/20/2013 - POE Washington DC - planned but not done

08/28/2013 - visa renewed

10/27/2013 - POE NYC

12/06/2013 - married!

12/24/2013 - filed for AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.