20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So after months of painful waiting we get an RFE! I'm so angry and upset right now as we used a recommended immigration lawyer to hopefully avoid stuff like this.

I want to know do we have to wait until we received the RFE notice in the mail to send off whatever evidence it is they need?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you have to wait for the notice in the mail to find out what they want.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Yep have to wait, because they give specific instructions about what they want, but mine came the same day i got the email!! Was shocked how fast it came.

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2011-08-15

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-08-22

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-01-26

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-02-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-13

Packet received: 2012-02-27

Interview Date :2012-05-01

Interview Result :Approved

Timeline

oh and p.s. I totally understand your frustration I just got my RFE yesterday , such a bummer :(

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

RFES suck. We used an immigration lawyer also and had an RFE. Luckily, it oNly set us back 1 day short of 2 weeks. ( not including the time it took to gather what we needed).

3 Months of Marriage ;D

Timeline

Thanks for your responses guys..makes me feel better about it. I'm hoping the notice will arrive tomorrow as I'm in California so the notice shouldn't have far to travel.

I'm just hoping it doesn't slow up the process too much, supposed to be getting married April 9th! :(

Timeline

oh and p.s. I totally understand your frustration I just got my RFE yesterday , such a bummer :(

Wow just read your post about your RFE...what more can you provide? I have provided all that same evidence you have. We have visited each other back and forth 9 times, some of those times I have stayed for my full 90 days with him in the US, I sent pictures of us with his family, with my family...I just don't get it! :(

Timeline

Wow just read your post about your RFE...what more can you provide? I have provided all that same evidence you have. We have visited each other back and forth 9 times, some of those times I have stayed for my full 90 days with him in the US, I sent pictures of us with his family, with my family...I just don't get it! :(

I'm not sure whats going on with my case! Which is why i made that infopass appointment :/ Most people Ive talked to think maybe my evidence got lost. Hopefully yours will be something simple you can send in :) It's hard dealing with this when the wedding is already planned, mine is planned for this summer, so I understand how youre feeling about that too. Very stressful. Anyway, good luck with yours! Keep us updated:)

K1 Visa

K1 Visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure whats going on with my case! Which is why i made that infopass appointment :/ Most people Ive talked to think maybe my evidence got lost. Hopefully yours will be something simple you can send in :) It's hard dealing with this when the wedding is already planned, mine is planned for this summer, so I understand how youre feeling about that too. Very stressful. Anyway, good luck with yours! Keep us updated:)

We also got an RFE last jan23 requiring additional evidence on our ongoing relationshp from the last 2years. we've been together for almost 5 years but most of the evidence they need are from the last 2years before he filed the petition. Quite frustrating, but at least our papers were processed. Good luck to us!

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So after months of painful waiting we get an RFE! I'm so angry and upset right now as we used a recommended immigration lawyer to hopefully avoid stuff like this.

I want to know do we have to wait until we received the RFE notice in the mail to send off whatever evidence it is they need?

Thanks.

hey Ryan, did they notify you through some other media (other than mail) as to what evidence they wanted?

Hey, I'm only asking cause the one thing I can see here, having done this for the second time in about 4 years, things have changed alot in those four years, as to how things are done.

(Or, are you clairvoyant?)

07/27/2011...........NOA1 received.

12/05/2011...........RFE received.

12/13/2011...........RFE response sent.

12/16/2011...........RFE RESPONSE received by Vermont S.C.

12/22/2011...........Teased by a text-message from uscis, saying they have received my response to the RFE.

12/30/2011...........LA VISA APROVADOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

01/12/2012...........Case Sent To Bogota Colombia, from the National Visa Center.

02/09/2012...........Schedule Interview.

03/23/2012...........Interview (to take place then)!

04/07/2012...........Arrived in USA.

07/01/2012...........MARRIED!

What next?

.......How the days DO slip away!

Timeline

hey Ryan, did they notify you through some other media (other than mail) as to what evidence they wanted?

Hey, I'm only asking cause the one thing I can see here, having done this for the second time in about 4 years, things have changed alot in those four years, as to how things are done.

(Or, are you clairvoyant?)

No they didn't. I posted this before I spoke to one of those helpful CSC employees who of course told me I had to wait for the notice in the mail :) So I don't know what evidence they want. Fingers crossed it comes today.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I can feel your angst. We are likely in the same boat. When I prepared the I-129F, I included my final court document as proof of my divorce (that was the only document I had received). Subsequently, after learning more about the process and requirements, I suspect that when CSC gets around to looking at my petition, I will be getting an RFE notice. :bonk: In the meantime, I have obtained a certified copy of the divorce decree from the state department of vital statistics. So, I will be ready for a quick response to the RFE. Who knows???? Maybe they won't send an RFE????? :o

I had contemplated sending in the certified copy as a follow-up to the original petition filing, but realized it would be like trying to match up two needles found in a haystack at the CSC. So, I have to patiently wait for the CSC to plod along and do their thing....

Sometimes I think this USCIS waiting game is akin to watching paint dry, or watching grass grow. But, those processes are quicker than USCIS...lol.... :rofl:

Good luck and hang in there.

YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can feel your angst. We are likely in the same boat. When I prepared the I-129F, I included my final court document as proof of my divorce (that was the only document I had received). Subsequently, after learning more about the process and requirements, I suspect that when CSC gets around to looking at my petition, I will be getting an RFE notice. :bonk: In the meantime, I have obtained a certified copy of the divorce decree from the state department of vital statistics. So, I will be ready for a quick response to the RFE. Who knows???? Maybe they won't send an RFE????? :o

I had contemplated sending in the certified copy as a follow-up to the original petition filing, but realized it would be like trying to match up two needles found in a haystack at the CSC. So, I have to patiently wait for the CSC to plod along and do their thing....

Sometimes I think this USCIS waiting game is akin to watching paint dry, or watching grass grow. But, those processes are quicker than USCIS...lol.... :rofl:

Good luck and hang in there.

YMMV.

I'm pretty sure that once an RFE has officially gone out, you have to wait for it, but I've heard of people preempting an RFE once they realized they'd left something out. Someone even told me she'd sent off only the application form, then came to VJ and realized she needed, you know, proof and all that. So she sent it, and she got an NOA2 a few months later, no RFEs. Depends who recieves your additional proof and what kind of mood they're in, I guess. So, I'd go ahead and send it off with a copy of your NOA1. If you still get an RFE, it only cost you a stamp.

Edited by turveydrop

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

As someone who's gone through it, I can tell you that an RFE is not a big deal. Actually, you should be thrilled that after months of waiting, your application is finally on someone's desk, ready to be processed and approved! :) Focus on that, and not the infuriating randomness of the USCIS "case-by-case" approach. Whatever is not mentioned on the RFE has basically already been approved so you're almost there, just need the last few pieces of the puzzle. And yes, I would definitely wait to get the actual hardcopy before sending in anything.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.