35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Obviously they have some concerns about the validity of the relationship and if I remember your history correctly you will have a hard time with the upcoming Stokes.

I don't have any clue to what you are talking about Besty!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't care if they do a home visit, or even a stokes. But the biggest problem is my husband is having medical issues and he don't work and i have no insurance and he wants to go back home to go to the doctor. We were advised for him not to leave the country even wih his advanced parole cause they may no let him back in :(

Have you tried to take him to a public hospital for individuals that do not have insurance. I'm not sure which state ur in but the govermnent has to have medical help in every state for people that can not or do not have insurance. I know IL has it. Its a extreamly long wait time but it's there... Are you employeed? if so have you tried to add him on ur insurance plan????

You are married and he doesn't work so if he has health issues why not add your spouse to ur insurance?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have you tried to take him to a public hospital for individuals that do not have insurance. I'm not sure which state ur in but the govermnent has to have medical help in every state for people that can not or do not have insurance. I know IL has it. Its a extreamly long wait time but it's there... Are you employeed? if so have you tried to add him on ur insurance plan????

You are married and he doesn't work so if he has health issues why not add your spouse to ur insurance?

Cuz I"m disabled and don't have insurance for him thats why i can't ad him. He isn't allowed to be on state insurance!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

I agree that I wouldn't leave in the meantime - if you get another interview and he's unable to return for it, your case would be denied and he wouldn't be able to return, period. It may not be a good idea anyway - I see he is adjusting from a tourist visa. Did he overstay?

Wait...so he is here on tourist visa and they got married???? I don't think this is a legal process. Well no wonder they are having a hard time. This is illegal ...If that was ok to do then everyone from here would be brining there segnificant others on turist visas and the immigration/govern would not make any money:)

hm..there is a spousal/fiance visa ap and also spousal visas apt for such things...good luck

please people stop scaming the system!

Timeline

Cuz I"m disabled and don't have insurance for him thats why i can't ad him. He isn't allowed to be on state insurance!

ok! how did you get ur husband to come here???? touris visa for a spouse never hear of this! and how in the world this got approved if you are married???? sorry to say but maybe get a lawyer or he is going back because this is illegal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't have any clue to what you are talking about Besty!

Like others, you do have a clumsy case: your husband sent AOS off of a tourist visa, judging by the timeline you've posted. You will have a hard stokes, basically, because he committed immigration fraud. Please clarify if this is correct or not. Tell your story and we'll be able to help you better. Otherwise prepare yourself for an invasive, accusatory process.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Adjusting from a tourist visa is perfectly legal if done without intent. Coming on a tourist visa and planning to stay and adjust is illegal. If circumstances change and there was no intent it is not illegal. I do not know the OP's situation but I would hope it was done without intent and thus non fraudulently.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wait...so he is here on tourist visa and they got married???? I don't think this is a legal process. Well no wonder they are having a hard time. This is illegal ...If that was ok to do then everyone from here would be brining there segnificant others on turist visas and the immigration/govern would not make any money:)

hm..there is a spousal/fiance visa ap and also spousal visas apt for such things...good luck

please people stop scaming the system!

It can be legal process, there is not enough information to make the assertion that they have committed visa fraud so please do not do so.

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Timeline

It can be legal process, there is not enough information to make the assertion that they have committed visa fraud so please do not do so.

yes i think we need the whole story to see exactly what this case is all about but from just brief reading and old posts it looks to me as if this person knew very well she would not be able to sponser him on fiance or spousal visa therefore the tourist visa and possible overstay?...therefore now he is not elgible even for a govermnent medical treatment/check ups...and most likely if he leaves the country he might not be granted another visa to the usa (if he overstayed)or will have to go throught the normal long process we all went through with lots of explanations and co sponser... good luck.

Edited by habibi83

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Adjusting from a tourist visa is perfectly legal if done without intent. Coming on a tourist visa and planning to stay and adjust is illegal. If circumstances change and there was no intent it is not illegal. I do not know the OP's situation but I would hope it was done without intent and thus non fraudulently.

That's probably why they got a letter. If he came on a tourist visa, to marry here and file AOS, that raises the question of 'intent,' not to mention it is fraud. If they married in Egypt, he came to visit on a tourist visa to visit and decided to stay to file AOS, that's another issue. So, yes, we'll need more information to be able to help.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

yes i think we need the whole story to see exactly what this case is all about but from just brief reading and old posts it looks to me as if this person knew very well she would not be able to sponser him on fiance or spousal visa therefore the tourist visa and possible overstay?...therefore now he is not elgible even for a govermnent medical treatment/check ups...and most likely if he leaves the country he might not be granted another visa to the usa (if he overstayed)or will have to go throught the normal long process we all went through with lots of explanations and co sponser... good luck.

A sponsor is needed for this process as well. She is not avoiding sponsorship. From old posts, the OP got married after knowing eachother for 3 months and also has been divorced at least a couple of times.

The issue here is not the process - it's other things.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

A sponsor is needed for this process as well. She is not avoiding sponsorship. From old posts, the OP got married after knowing eachother for 3 months and also has been divorced at least a couple of times.

The issue here is not the process - it's other things.

sure...possible fraud

Timeline

That's probably why they got a letter. If he came on a tourist visa, to marry here and file AOS, that raises the question of 'intent,' not to mention it is fraud. If they married in Egypt, he came to visit on a tourist visa to visit and decided to stay to file AOS, that's another issue. So, yes, we'll need more information to be able to help.

I agree with you 100%. And from what I know about these immigration cases i can bet they got married here after he came, because if they got married in egypt and filed for turist visa. The application would be accepted but DENIED.

Timeline

Muh and me,

I hope you will give us more details on your case so we can help you better. If you just give one fact it makes it hard for the experienced people to answer with the help you need.

So, I think we need to know the evolution of your relationship..

Met online 1 year ago? 2 months?

Met in USA when he was on a tourist visa?

he got a tourist visa?

I know you married after him being in USA 3 months?

An important question is when he interview for the tourist visa or at POE did he LIE? Did they ever ask do you have a girlfriend? Are you visiting someone in the states.

This is important because you will need more paperwork to overcome that misrepresentation charge.

When you got married---was it at the courthouse? Lots of fancy dresses and pics? That would show a PLANNED wedding and mght cause problems.

Is he on any of your accounts? Does he have anything is his name for your home? Gas, electric, water, cable, life insurance?

He got his ead card so is he working now? Can he get his own health insrance yet?

Now...the hard questions...RED FLAGS

Married first visit?

How much older are you then him?

Can he and you have children? Do you both want chiildren (this is a common reason for doubt in all middle east countries so do not be offended please) I am much older then my husband but we can have children if we decide to LATER--maybe after he gets out of AP.

Different religions?

any photos of you with any of his family, cousins, PARENTS, siblings

Are your children his age or younger?

You were married twice before?

How long did they last?

When was the final divorce?

When did you and Mo start chatting or meeting?

Did you convert to Islam after you met him?

Did his parents write a letter of approval and acceptance of your marriage to each other.

Any webcam photos with you and his family chatting online

Any Birthday, holiday, thank you cards come to your home addressed to BOTH your names and from both sides of the family.

Disability or SSI income will not count in Egypt. Yu will need a cosponser or assets worth about 60,000 in cash or quickly obtaned cash. A house is sometimes accepted if it is paid off. This is alot of work due to the new appraisal and all the legal documents.

Do not bother using an old paid off car. You can use a New paid off car--depreciated greatly.

Do you have a 401K or retirement plan that could be cashed out if they ask?

Otherwise try and find a joint sponsor quickly.

Out of all these questions---only 1 needs a lawyer and that is if he purposely lied. and If you had an elaborate wedding with friends that includes pics and wedding invites prepared right when he got here, then i think new a good lawyer.

I think all the other tings can be addressed individually.

lso, make sure you both share each others passwords and you know who is writing people. Because the do hack your emails, fb and yahoo. I Have heard of the CO asking specific questions about a girl he was writing and the wife knew nothing about it and they were denied. So, before your next interview make sure he knows you both need to be honest if this has happend because you will noot get denied as long as you both know who the other had spoken to during the marriage.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you do and what you say.

God Bless

I hope he can stay here and work and be a productive member of US society

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline
:pop:

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.