Anas & Ayesha

ITIN Question OR Advice Needed

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Maybe this means that the regular IRS sites (like e-filing or where ever you would normally send your paper returns) won't process the return without the ITIN? I know that our return and W-7 are being sent to a facility in Texas to be processed, which isn't where my filing has been done in previous years, so I'm guessing this is a special facility for receiving ITIN apps + attached 1040s?

That much is definitely correct. What did you put in the spot for your Spouse's SSN?

Trips:

Jan2010 - First Trip, met in person

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Nov2010 - Trip Three, Got engaged :)

Feb2011 - Trip Four. Spring Festival, Lucky Money all around :D

April2011 - Trip Five... Going to the chapel...

July2011 - Trip Six... Honeymoon in Xiamen :D

October2011 - Trip Seven... Beijing and the Great Wall :)

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

April2012 - Trip Nine... Interview?

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

30January2012 - NVC 'received' the paperwork

6February2012 - NVC GUZ case number assigned - Attempted to OPTIN to EP.

7February2012 - NVC GZO (EP) case number assigned

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

28February2012 - AOS Fee Paid

29February2012 - AOS Fee shows paid, AOS Package sent in

5March2012 - IV Fee shows paid (paid on 3March), IV (DS-230) Package sent in

6March2012 - AOS Rejected due to minor error, corrected version emailed in

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

9March2012 - Case Complete Email - END NVC PROCESS

15March2012 - Interview Scheduled: 18April2012 (Document turn-in: 17April2012)

That much is definitely correct. What did you put in the spot for your Spouse's SSN?

A woman from H&R Block did it for me, and she put "applied" on their computer system, but it printed out blank. My assumption is that they assign an ITIN, then add it to the return themselves.

Timeline

A woman from H&R Block did it for me, and she put "applied" on their computer system, but it printed out blank. My assumption is that they assign an ITIN, then add it to the return themselves.

Hmm... I could swear when I called the IRS they told me to put NRA in that spot. So I did... and emailed them to the wife for her to print, sign and over night to me

Trips:

Jul2010 - Trip two!

January2012 - Trip Eight... Chinese New Years and Spring Festival! More Lucky Money! :D

Paper work for CR1:

28 July 2011 - 20January 2012 - Day 175... USCIS at CSC finally processed our paper work.

8February2012 - 27February Massive delay caused by sending the EP OPTIN email too soon :(

8March2012 - Email received indicating AOS correction and DS-230 review in process

Hmm... I could swear when I called the IRS they told me to put NRA in that spot. So I did... and emailed them to the wife for her to print, sign and over night to me

I know the IRS is a dense bureaucracy, but if your return is attached to a W-7, I think they'll figure it out.

Timeline

I know the IRS is a dense bureaucracy, but if your return is attached to a W-7, I think they'll figure it out.

One would hope so, no? :lol:

Trips:

Jul2010 - Trip two!

Paper work for CR1:

Filed for ITIN and 1040A at a IRS field office today.

I used turbotax online free edition since I donot have a state tax to file. Kept it blank (ssn field), review/alert caught it and reminded me I cannot e-file. Chose to print. emailed the PDF to her for sign.

Asked my wife for her passport to sent via fedex, copied it and notarized it here in US. Also included a signed W7 (line 2 as my address, line 3 hers) and a declaration signed by both of us mentioning she is choosing to be considered resident alien for entire 2011 tax year.

The IRS officer asked me a few questions about her status (if she was in US at any time of 2011, if she is eligible for a SSN, if she has any income). Then took the W7, passport copy, declaration, 1040A and W2. Said he will send it out, IRS austin office will contact me once ITIN is issued and if tax return is accepted.

Timeline

Maybe this means that the regular IRS sites (like e-filing or where ever you would normally send your paper returns) won't process the return without the ITIN? I know that our return and W-7 are being sent to a facility in Texas to be processed, which isn't where my filing has been done in previous years, so I'm guessing this is a special facility for receiving ITIN apps + attached 1040s?

Great Guess!

Yer spot on.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our doc's are still at H&R Block with the "acceptance agent". I am just finding out he is not that much knowledgeable and is seeking advice. I called him today and requested the returns get finished ASAP as we are at NVC now and I need to email the signature pages to my husband so he can send them to me in the mail. :bonk:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

Your I-130 was approved in 293 Days
04/18/2011 Sent in I-130
04/28/2011 NOA 1 Received in the Mail
11/10/2011 Received a REF **Must prove Bona Fide Marital Relationship**
01/03/2012 Sent REF documentation to California Service Center 2079 pages sent to USCIS
01/05/2012 UPDATED CASE STATUS...On January 5, 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence.
02/07/2012 NOA2 I-130 APPROVED

Embassy
06/27/2012 Interview Date
05/12/2012 Medical done in Lahore
06/272012 DENIED AT THE INTERVIEW 212(A)(5a) ***this code is incorrect*** We have no idea why they denied the visa!

APPEAL PROCESS
08/29/2012 File received back at NVC Embassy and forwarded to CSC
09/10/2012 Received a NOA 1 & Text Message that file was sent to California Service Center where they will make a decision on our case.

05/29/2013 Reaffirmed by USCIS without any appeal process

Embassy

07/02/2013 The Embassy called my husband for packet 3.

07/11/2013 My husband sent in packed 3

07/17/2013 Embassy refused our case yet again without an Interview and set our file back to NVC

07/20/2013 NVC returned out file to USCIS

09/29/2013 To date USCIS has not entered our case back into the system and no one knows where it is!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.