iLLbanianKid25

I-751 DENIED !! :(

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kosova
Timeline

Okay so after going to the post office, the receipt shows that they have received the papers on November 3rd, now do i file just the I-290b or everything together? even I-751 ??...this form I-290b seems a lil hard for me.

Edited by iLLbanianKid25

now on the form what do i select though ?

appeal or motion

??

The denial notice tells you what your option is.

"motion to reopen" -> check "Motion"

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Send copies of all the evidence you submitted in response to the RFE (you did make a copy of the packet before mailing it.... right?). Also submit the signature confirmation information from USPS showing that your RFE response was received within the allotted time.

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

Send copies of all the evidence you submitted in response to the RFE (you did make a copy of the packet before mailing it.... right?). Also submit the signature confirmation information from USPS showing that your RFE response was received within the allotted time.

yeah i got the copies..but do i fle the I-751 FORM or just the i-290B along with the copies ??

Why would you file the I-751? You're not starting a new application, you're submitting a motion to reopen the old one that they denied due to "abandonment."

Send the I-290B. Send copies of everything you sent in response to the RFE. Send proof that it got there in time. Explain all this in the space provided on the I-290B.

I would also add that if you're having this much trouble with this, a lawyer might be a good investment.

On the other hand, an I-751 denial automatically leads to the beginning of removal proceedings. Your best bet may be to skip the motion (and the $600+) and renew the application in front of the Immigration Judge at the hearing. Has your wife received a Notice To Appear yet?

At this point, your money may best be spent on retaining an immigration lawyer with experience in removal proceedings and appeal processes.

Edited by Stephen + Elisha

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

f**k u USCIS you just took 600 dollars from me so you could approve the I751, after sending the i-290b it didnt even take them 5 days to approve it and send the 10 year permanent resident card in. Anyway..now whats the next step??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

f**k u USCIS you just took 600 dollars from me so you could approve the I751, after sending the i-290b it didnt even take them 5 days to approve it and send the 10 year permanent resident card in. Anyway..now whats the next step??

What do you mean "what's the next step?" You have the 10 year card. You are done unless you plan to file USC when you're able.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

next step meaning..when does she apply for citizenship?

When she's eligible. 3 years from being an LPR if she's still married to you, 5 if you're divorced.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.