sadman

heeelp about 221 (g)

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

everything is going wrong with me.she doesnt want to move in here and i cant go there.its very hard for me.i dont know what to do.am loosing my mind.thank you us consulate for this

SadMan

If she does not want to move to be with her love and HUSBAND...it is not fault of the consulate.

Maybe she will wait and see how to appeal you visa decision...but

for now

it was given good advice to have your wife and yourself read about what your rights are on this VJ site

Brother I offered my husbands email in case you wanted to speak to a Brother Moroccan in your own language

please tell me if you want it :)

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am here in Texas and I wish our senators in my part of Texas would be helpful but they have been nothing but unreponsive and do not care to address such issues...

My husband and I went through a similar situation. We had our case returned to USCIS last year. We received a NOIR. I fought with everything that I had. I got my senator involved. I had my husband write everything down that happened the day of his refusal at the consulate. I sent in three large packets of evidence with a strong rebuttal letter from me and my husband. I got all of our friends/family write affidavits of support-got these notarized. You need to find out specifics and get your senator involved. Never give up. We didn't and we got his visa approved yesterday. I will pray for you two.

:reading:R.V.

Filed: Timeline

the officer asked me questions i dint know before like : where did your wife grow? Where di she work before and how long? Where her familly lives and what is theire names ? Who is her friends and where they lives? ...so the officer was playing god with me...

No offense, but there are questions which you are absolutely assumed to know the answers to. At a minimum. Casablanca is a hard consulate to get through, and not knowing basic information about your wife's family or past will immediately set off alarm bells in the eyes of the CO. I wasn't at the interview of course, but from what I read here I personally think the CO did his/her job correctly.

Remember, the CO's job is to make sure they only issue visas to legitimate spouses, and thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people attempt to marry US citizens every year for a "quick and easy" green card.

It does seem to me like you're genuine, so hopefully, you'll get another interview if/when the petition is reaffirmed by USCIS. Before this interview, put yourself in the CO's shoes. If you were interviewing someone to find out if their relationship was real or fake.. What questions would you ask? What would you expect the person to know about his/her spouse?

Good luck to you.

Edited by jhsm85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.