Derek & Rita

sending money to russia (moscow) bitcoin?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The branch here told me it was because Belarus was a high risk scam country is the reason they do that. It wasn't that big of a deal. I always take a ####### load of cash with me so I can add that to the $300 daily limit there. The strippers in Minsk have to buy groceries. :hehe:

So, you're a stripper????

Anyway, you should only take over no more than like 2500 without declaration, right? (I'm sure no one does).

So, you're a stripper????

Anyway, you should only take over no more than like 2500 without declaration, right? (I'm sure no one does).

No less than $7,500 for a thirty day stay (max stay allowed for an American). I took a little over $9,000 for the wedding trip. Strip clubs, night clubs, going out to eat, taxi's,.. etc... it all adds up quick.

Stick the money in two envelopes and put each in a zip lock baggie and then put those inside your socks...the ones you wear when your travelling. Keep a few grand in the wallet. Then when you get to MSQ (Minsk airport), show them all the money. They take the newer $100 bills and give you older ones. Keep a few $20's folded up tight because that's the money your going to "palm" when you shake hands with the guy who runs the Xray machine to check the baggage coming into Belarus. Your going to shake his hand making sure he gets the money...that money is to cover the booze (tequila in my case) that you bring into the country. Your only allowed to bring in 1 liter of booze, but 1 liter is just a taste. No less than 4 liters ftw. Tequila is at a premium there and when you have that to share with others it's a big thing for those people....tequila and maple syrup.

Now when you go to the strip clubs wad up a bunch of $1 bills and cover it up with a twenty spot and a C-note ($100 bill). That way when you pull out your wad of money the girls think your loaded and you get that "special service" if you catch my drift. Also make sure your dressed up to the hilt when you go to those clubs...suit and tie. You want to play the part to get the action. Also never be a cheap tipper. Those girls work hard for the money.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

The bank exchange rate is better than the street vendor's.

Actually, it's not. Not even close.

But you do have reasonable peace of mind that the rubles you're getting out of the Citibank банкомат were printed by order of V.V. rather than H.P.

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Yes, you're correct. And I've heard of banks canceling cards once they see the usage is coming from Russia/Ukraine. When I went to Russia, or anywhere outside the US, I'd have to call my credit card company and tell them I was going to be in such and such a place for such and such dates. Otherwise the card would not work overseas.

Yup. They've frozen my card dozens of times, despite the fact that I've told them an equal number of times that I live here. It's one of the reasons I carry multiple cards with me... if one gets frozen, I can move to the next without sitting on the phone for 10-15 minutes to get them to unfreeze it. Ugh.

That said, I've noticed that if you always pull from the same ATM, they won't (usually) freeze the card. And that's a likely use case if you're just xfering money to your girl.

Our timeline:

01/11/12 - Submitted I-130s to Moscow USCIS in person

01/12/12 - Had interview with Moscow USCIS officer to establish bonafide marriage

01/12/12 - I-130s approved and passed to US Consulate

01/13/12 - IV Unit in Moscow received approved petition

01/23/12 - We received confirmation that I-130s were approved by USCIS

01/24/12 - We received package notification from post office

01/26/12 - Picked up "package" - notifications from IV Unit with case numbers

01/26/12 - Set interview date online

02/01/12 - Passed medical exams

02/02/12 - Received police record

02/09/12 - Interview... APPROVED!

02/13/12 - Visa delivered

02/23/12 - POE Chicago

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

No less than $7,500 for a thirty day stay (max stay allowed for an American). I took a little over $9,000 for the wedding trip. Strip clubs, night clubs, going out to eat, taxi's,.. etc... it all adds up quick.

Stick the money in two envelopes and put each in a zip lock baggie and then put those inside your socks...the ones you wear when your travelling. Keep a few grand in the wallet. Then when you get to MSQ (Minsk airport), show them all the money. They take the newer $100 bills and give you older ones. Keep a few $20's folded up tight because that's the money your going to "palm" when you shake hands with the guy who runs the Xray machine to check the baggage coming into Belarus. Your going to shake his hand making sure he gets the money...that money is to cover the booze (tequila in my case) that you bring into the country. Your only allowed to bring in 1 liter of booze, but 1 liter is just a taste. No less than 4 liters ftw. Tequila is at a premium there and when you have that to share with others it's a big thing for those people....tequila and maple syrup.

Now when you go to the strip clubs wad up a bunch of $1 bills and cover it up with a twenty spot and a C-note ($100 bill). That way when you pull out your wad of money the girls think your loaded and you get that "special service" if you catch my drift. Also make sure your dressed up to the hilt when you go to those clubs...suit and tie. You want to play the part to get the action. Also never be a cheap tipper. Those girls work hard for the money.

I don't think I'd feel too confident doing this in a foreign country without knowing someone who could bail me out of jail, or without knowing of this first hand. The last thin I need is to be locked up abroad.

I don't think I'd feel too confident doing this in a foreign country without knowing someone who could bail me out of jail, or without knowing of this first hand. The last thin I need is to be locked up abroad.

The more US dollars you bring into Belarus the happier the government there is. They are cash poor and welcome any and all US dollars as long as you aren't supporting any anti government groups with said money.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No offense intended, but are you even sure it's your kid?

If you were there for the five day sex party (aka the required meeting before filing papers) it's possible you're going to end up on Maury Povich.

Like I said, no offense intended, just saying these type of scams can - and do - happen. Sometimes the girl's not even pregnant or it's someone else's kid they borrowed to hold up in front of the camera when you skype.

Just went back and noticed you did CR-1/IR-1 so you're already married too. Can I assume you spent several months over there and a bunch of time together?

If so, disregard what I'm saying. (I thought you did K-1.)

"are you even sure" ? Yes, I am sure it's my kid.

"five day sex party" ? I've been there so many times i'm running out of pages in my passport.

"sometimes the girl's not even pregnant" ? She was pregnant, I was there and felt the baby kicking in her belly. It's her baby.

"can i assume"? You can assume whatever you want that makes you happy. I understand that my story is different from most.

"disregard what I'm saying". Good advice, I think I will.

Filed: Timeline

"five day sex party" ? I've been there so many times i'm running out of pages in my passport.

"sometimes the girl's not even pregnant" ? She was pregnant, I was there and felt the baby kicking in her belly. It's her baby.

"can i assume"? You can assume whatever you want that makes you happy. I understand that my story is different from most.

Slim has the delicacy to qualify his questions, but unfortunately there's a sub-culture here that seems to believe all FSU women except their wives are scammers who want nothing more than some Western guy to finance their child-bearing habit. I don't know why this is, sorry you have to be subject to it. Your questions are perfectly legit, there's no reason for anyone to suspect anything more is going on than what you've said. Best of luck to you!

As you see from the posts here, there are several options that work well. Relative cost will depend on how the account is set up, how it is used, and how much money you run through it.

We do both, sending money with MoneyGram whenever we need to. MIL also has a debit card for an account set up just for transfer. My wife's name is on it, and we were careful not to connect it to anything else.

The math is cost of transfers through MoneyGram, versus ATM fees, Foreign ATM fees, and currency conversion fees to get the money out of a machine or bank. The fees are all different, so shop around. We usually send MoneyGrams since MIL can always get USD.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Otlichna!

there's a sub-culture here that seems to believe all FSU women except their wives are scammers

No, my wife is a scammer too.

Marriage is the biggest scam of all.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Heh. Well, it can't really be a scam if both parties are perpetrating it. Maybe it's a joint policy of "mutual assured destruction." :D

I like to think of it as how someone else put it - a conspiracy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was able to add my fiancee to my wells fargo account and she now has a card of her own as an authorized user on my account and WF only charges $5 international transaction fee. So 300 is pretty cheap to get to her. We used moneygram for a long time, and im glad we did since it gives us a trail we can show later if needed.

Patrick and Yulia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.