thedude6752000

Proof for a K1

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have photos of us together, 2 letters she wrote me while I was there, photos of me in India (standing in front of the Taj Mahal and an airport sign in Mumbai in particular) and mountains of physical and digital evidence that I completed a 3-month intensive language program there (including this http://clscholarship.org/search.htm click Urdu and 2011).

For some reason photos of the petitioner and beneficiary together are considered secondary evidence presumably because it does not always unquestionably establish the date of the meeting. Photos only support that you have met... just not when. Your credit card statement may prove that you were in India but the timing must confirm that it was at the same time you were visiting with your beneficiary. If she is from Delhi then yes it may be useful.

I re-read my post and what I meant to say but didn't is that you may consider making a trip to visit her to establish undoubtedly that you have met.

From what I've seen here and as I said before India can be a very difficult place to secure a visa. If I were in your shoes I would want to be certain that my petition didn't have any holes. I suggest that you post in (or have this post moved) to the India regional forum for some veteran advice.

Edited by Operator

Or file your petition now but expect RFE for evidence in 4-5 months. In the mean time, visit India and this time keep all the evidence, so you have it ready to send when the RFE comes.

That won't work, you need to show evidence that you met within the last two years PRIOR to filing. Meeting after filing won't do it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Update: the institute in India has a scan of the visa after entrance (IE with 1 stamp on it). Will that be sufficient?

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Update: the institute in India has a scan of the visa after entrance (IE with 1 stamp on it). Will that be sufficient?

It's certainly better than none.

Timeline

But will it be accepted? There is like no way to know.....

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

Sorry to bump, but I really need some more opinions....with a visa that has only 1 stamp (entrance) on it and a credit card bill for two charges of $114 in Delhi, as well as my academic stuff from the program I completed, do I have enough evidence for the I-129F?

Filed: Timeline

I don't know what other evidence you have. I would not recommend for a I 129F if you have only those proofs as you are mentioning in this post, it will be a waste of time.

You can explain your situation to get better advice on VJ.

Sorry to bump, but I really need some more opinions....with a visa that has only 1 stamp (entrance) on it and a credit card bill for two charges of $114 in Delhi, as well as my academic stuff from the program I completed, do I have enough evidence for the I-129F?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

If you wanna try your luck, make sure your package is very well prepared. People with way more evidence still get RFE'ed and, I assume, probably declined in what they consider high-fraud consulates. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Timeline

If you wanna try your luck, make sure your package is very well prepared. People with way more evidence still get RFE'ed and, I assume, probably declined in what they consider high-fraud consulates. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

So what I'm hearing is that I should not try my luck and instead go back first?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

So what I'm hearing is that I should not try my luck and instead go back first?

I would definitely go back first, especially if it is a difficult consulate to get through.

On top of that, Boarding Passes without passport stamps are next to useless. They often times do not have the year on them, just the day and month. I've seen more than a handful of RFEs in the last year I've been on the boards for people who supply only their boarding passes and itinerary/receipt, to send in their corresponding passports with stamps. This is primarily due to the fact that the year is not on there. And apparently, to the USCIS, it does not prove that the person made it pass immigrations and into the country. There are some instances where not needing passport stamps are ok, but that tends to be in the cases for couples going by way of Canada or Mexico.

On your next trip, take more pictures. Save your boarding pass. Save the receipt for purchasing the tickets. Make photocopies in color of your passport with the stamp. You could try for the scan that's on file. Does it also have a scan of your biopage? But, when dealing with a difficult consulate, sometimes more trips are better. Good luck!!!

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Timeline

I would definitely go back first, especially if it is a difficult consulate to get through.

On top of that, Boarding Passes without passport stamps are next to useless. They often times do not have the year on them, just the day and month. I've seen more than a handful of RFEs in the last year I've been on the boards for people who supply only their boarding passes and itinerary/receipt, to send in their corresponding passports with stamps. This is primarily due to the fact that the year is not on there. And apparently, to the USCIS, it does not prove that the person made it pass immigrations and into the country. There are some instances where not needing passport stamps are ok, but that tends to be in the cases for couples going by way of Canada or Mexico.

On your next trip, take more pictures. Save your boarding pass. Save the receipt for purchasing the tickets. Make photocopies in color of your passport with the stamp. You could try for the scan that's on file. Does it also have a scan of your biopage? But, when dealing with a difficult consulate, sometimes more trips are better. Good luck!!!

Well, like I said, I have the visa with the stamp? But ONLY the entrance stamp, not the exit stamp. (I lost my passport but got a photocopy of the visa (taken just after my entrance into the country) from the institute where I studied). Should I still go back before filing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Firstly the visa with one stamp and the receipt from purchase along with proof that you attended the language program. Those are third party agencies. At any time, keep the originals, they may ask for them to verify the authenticity. If you've lost your passport since(or visa), then I would at least get a police report of stolen/lost passport(in general but especially in this matter). Check your evidence for dates/year and that it's either in English or it has English translation. If the original has on dot of color on it, then you make a colour copy of it to submit with your petition.

Secondly, after you have gathered the primary evidence, you can start to collect the secondary evidence; pictures, affidavits from friends/family(if needed). Pictures say alot but are only backing up your rock solid evidence. It's not a requirement to have secondary evidence but it might help your case. Even if USCIS didn't look at them, you''ll have put a foot in the door at embassy stage because they'd already have seen you as a couple other than just in writing. It's way to easy to edit/photoshop a picture no matter how real it looks to you.

3rd thing; if your embassy is a tough one regarding approvals, then is might help to add things you'd normally only submit at the interview as ongoing relationship. This counts everything since you filed the petition. Emails, chatlogs, snail mail letters etc. (copies of it only of course). Some get denied without getting a chance to show proof of ongoing relationship and if your petition is front loaded then at least you're "forcing" them to look at it when it's already submitted. But rule of thumb; primary evidence is the most important thing. Without it, you won't get passed NOA2.

Good luck and good reading(I'm guessing you'll be reading the in the forums/guides for a bit) :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.