evergreen

Got the Visa, Back in the U.S.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our "interview" appointment in Montreal on Friday.

Our appointment was scheduled for 9:30am, but we arrived a little before 7am. When we arrived, an older couple and their daughter were already waiting. They'd been there since 5am.

A small line formed behind us of maybe 4-6 additional people before they let us in the building at about 8am. They would only let the mother in of the couple and daughter before us.

We went through security, then up the elevator to the 19th floor.

Our window, #14, did not open until 8:30. That was the window where they give you your number, and that number determines your order in line. Because of this, being the earliest to arrive outside the building doesn't mean much - because when the window finally opens everyone rushes up to the window, regardless of what order they actually arrived in.

We were able, along with the other first three people in line outside, were able to get to the front of the line when the window opened, but only with some effort. A man who had arrived much later was extremely upset that he wasn't at the front of the line.

Anyway, we got our number (C2) and sat down to wait to be called to another window. When we got to that window, she sent us to Window 14 to pay.

When we tried to pay, my credit card did not work! I had to leave the consulate and go to a cash machine and come back to pay! That put us behind.

While I was down getting money, a woman at Window 12 asked my husband for forms. The woman at Window 12 asked my husband several questions (while I was gone). She insisted that we must have all three years of tax returns, even though the directions on the I134 and I864 say that only the current year's tax return is required. Once I was able to come back through security, pay, and make it back to the window, I underlined this in their forms and gave her my 2005 tax return and W2 as well as a letter from my employer. She did not want my paystubs.

We then sat down to wait for our interview. We were really nervous because we were worried that we would be there until 2pm or 3pm due to the credit card fiasco (and our dog was at the hotel).

However, they did call us to an interview room (rooms 7 & 8) not long after that. There was no real interview (as in questioning) and they did not ask for any additional documents. They made my husband swear an oath (which I apparently accidentally joined in on) and then asked us to sit down.

It was about 20 minutes when my husband had his Visa (same day) and we were out of the consulate.

Instead of staying in Montreal to eat, we picked up our dog, checked out of the hotel, and drove straight to the border (on I89 between Quebec and Vermont). The I-194 issue was no problem after my husband showed his extension application, and they took his paperwork, stamped his passport, and we were off.

Now we're in the U.S. - thank god that's all over with! :dance:

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Great! :thumbs:

Can you copy this to the embassy reviews? http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great news. How did you manage to get the visa issued the same day? Congrats

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
They made my husband swear an oath (which I apparently accidentally joined in on) and then asked us to sit down.

:lol::lol: This made me laugh! :lol:

:dance: Congratulations! :thumbs:

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Congrats!! Now you can enjoy the rest!

I do have the same question as flames though .. how did you get the visa the same day?

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Congratulations! :dance:

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Congratulations, wonderful news, I am wishing you the very best and a happy life together as husband and wife.

HAPPY DANCE

Hulla-01-june-1.gifHAPPY HAPPY DANCE

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're here in the U.S. moving into our new house already! Got to the U.S. Friday evening.

We got the Visa the same day as it had already been arranged by our Congressman's office and a supervisor in Montreal - our application had been expedited and they did not want us to have to have our appointment on Friday and come all the way back to Montreal on Monday. There were not guarantees that it would happen, but it must have been 45 minutes from "interview" to visa in hand.

I tried to move this or copy it to the Montreal interview/consulate "review" site, but couldn't figure out how.

Overall, the interview was NOTHING compared with the rest of the process. Anticlimatic, is how my husband termed it.

Edited by evergreen

Approval Dates:

I130 Approved (NOA2) 7/20/06 (144 Days)

I129 Approved (NOA2) 8/24/06 (41 Days)

Documents we have so far:

Criminal/police record check.

Immunization records/medical history (including negative Tb, HIV, syphyllis, etc).

Chest x-ray.

His birth certificate (long form).

Our marriage certificate.

My divorce decree.

Our passports.

Wedding photos, cards, credit cards, health insurance, evidence of legitimate marriage.

Notarized I-134 and supporting documents.

Notarized I-184 and supporting documents.

Five additional passport photos each.

Questions: See "Married on Visitor Visa"post

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the report ... especially the part about them asking for 3 years of tax returns. Enjoy your new life together!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline
We had our "interview" appointment in Montreal on Friday.

Our appointment was scheduled for 9:30am, but we arrived a little before 7am. When we arrived, an older couple and their daughter were already waiting. They'd been there since 5am.

A small line formed behind us of maybe 4-6 additional people before they let us in the building at about 8am. They would only let the mother in of the couple and daughter before us.

We went through security, then up the elevator to the 19th floor.

Our window, #14, did not open until 8:30. That was the window where they give you your number, and that number determines your order in line. Because of this, being the earliest to arrive outside the building doesn't mean much - because when the window finally opens everyone rushes up to the window, regardless of what order they actually arrived in.

We were able, along with the other first three people in line outside, were able to get to the front of the line when the window opened, but only with some effort. A man who had arrived much later was extremely upset that he wasn't at the front of the line.

Anyway, we got our number (C2) and sat down to wait to be called to another window. When we got to that window, she sent us to Window 14 to pay.

When we tried to pay, my credit card did not work! I had to leave the consulate and go to a cash machine and come back to pay! That put us behind.

While I was down getting money, a woman at Window 12 asked my husband for forms. The woman at Window 12 asked my husband several questions (while I was gone). She insisted that we must have all three years of tax returns, even though the directions on the I134 and I864 say that only the current year's tax return is required. Once I was able to come back through security, pay, and make it back to the window, I underlined this in their forms and gave her my 2005 tax return and W2 as well as a letter from my employer. She did not want my paystubs.

We then sat down to wait for our interview. We were really nervous because we were worried that we would be there until 2pm or 3pm due to the credit card fiasco (and our dog was at the hotel).

However, they did call us to an interview room (rooms 7 & 8) not long after that. There was no real interview (as in questioning) and they did not ask for any additional documents. They made my husband swear an oath (which I apparently accidentally joined in on) and then asked us to sit down.

It was about 20 minutes when my husband had his Visa (same day) and we were out of the consulate.

Instead of staying in Montreal to eat, we picked up our dog, checked out of the hotel, and drove straight to the border (on I89 between Quebec and Vermont). The I-194 issue was no problem after my husband showed his extension application, and they took his paperwork, stamped his passport, and we were off.

Now we're in the U.S. - thank god that's all over with! :dance:

Cogratulations! I was following your story a little bit! (F):D

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Timeline

I started a thread today about bringing your fiance to the interview and was pointed toward your story. My fiance is planning on accompanying me to my interview and we were both wondering what we should expect. Were you both asked to attend the interview or did you both go voluntarily? I suppose I'm a little confused (and shocked I guess) that they would allow your fiance in on your interview. :lol: Maybe I'm just over-analyzing everything because I'm stressing out over the interview. :wacko:

Timeline

I started a thread today about bringing your fiance to the interview and was pointed toward your story. My fiance is planning on accompanying me to my interview and we were both wondering what we should expect. Were you both asked to attend the interview or did you both go voluntarily? I suppose I'm a little confused (and shocked I guess) that they would allow your fiance in on your interview. :lol: Maybe I'm just over-analyzing everything because I'm stressing out over the interview. :wacko:

If I am not mistaken, they are married, and the couple are both allowed into the interview at Montreal. On the day of my interview, there were quite a few nervous couples there. :) Fiances, I am not sure about that. I think they are allowed into the building, but into the interview itself, but I would call the consulate and ask them directly for confirmation. Keep asking!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
If I am not mistaken, they are married, and the couple are both allowed into the interview at Montreal. On the day of my interview, there were quite a few nervous couples there. :) Fiances, I am not sure about that. I think they are allowed into the building, but into the interview itself, but I would call the consulate and ask them directly for confirmation. Keep asking!

Thanks for the heads up!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.