Bad_Daddy

Alaska state employee's pull idiot move with Belarus birth certificate

91 posts in this topic

The wife brought an Apostilled birth certificate with her from Belarus. She sent it in a few weeks ago along with other paper work verifying who she is to the Alaska Permanent Fund office and when she arrived here in order to be able to start collecting her Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends (checks).

Belarus uses string for an Apostille and she paper clipped a note to her birth certificate letting them know not to break that string that it was a Belarus Apostille (notary). So when she picks up her paper work today at the post office that they sent back to here...sure enough they pretty much butchered the string along with tearing part of the birth certificate when they tried to rip it apart. These are the kind of people that Alaska hires for state employees. She's going to call them tomorrow to rip them a new one.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The wife brought an Apostilled birth certificate with her from Belarus. She sent it in a few weeks ago along with other paper work verifying who she is to the Alaska Permanent Fund office and when she arrived here in order to be able to start collecting her Alaska Permanent Fund Dividends (checks).

Belarus uses string for an Apostille and she paper clipped a note to her birth certificate letting them know not to break that string that it was a Belarus Apostille (notary). So when she picks up her paper work today at the post office that they sent back to here...sure enough they pretty much butchered the string along with tearing part of the birth certificate when they tried to rip it apart. These are the kind of people that Alaska hires for state employees. She's going to call them tomorrow to rip them a new one.

I cannot say I am surprised. I have to deal with a lot of government employees who all seem very concerned about their little fifedoms rather than doing their job. Makes me very uneasy and not inclined to attend many meetings with them.

The good news is that apostilles are not used in the US (most people have no clue what they are) so it is not likely to cause her any difficulty here in the future. No doubt petty government hacks in Belarus get their panties all in a wad over such things. But the point is they damaged her property and that should not be done. Was it necessary for her to give it over to them like that? She couldn't give a copy?

I will never forget taking Sergey for his drivers license. He did not have his green card yet but it is not needed for a DL in Vermont, only proof you can remain for 180 days or more. He had no SSN yet either because as a a K-2 you do not get one until you have a green card.

Anyway the clerk tells him he cannot get a drivers license because he has no green card and no SSN. BULLSH*T! I asked for a supervisor and she came and explained he COULD get a drivers license and the clerk was visibly PO'd at me for demanding a supervisor instead of just "doing as I was told"

So while I waited for Sergey to take his test another woman, a foreign K-1 wife of a US citizen, comes in and the SAME clerk tells her she could not get a license because she had no SSN!!!!!!!!!!! I caught the woman in the hallway and told her to go back in there and ask for a supervisor, She did and she got HER license also!

They are the same all over Kip, that is why I do not want the government involved in anything if we can avoid it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I cannot say I am surprised. I have to deal with a lot of government employees who all seem very concerned about their little fifedoms rather than doing their job. Makes me very uneasy and not inclined to attend many meetings with them.

The good news is that apostilles are not used in the US (most people have no clue what they are) so it is not likely to cause her any difficulty here in the future. No doubt petty government hacks in Belarus get their panties all in a wad over such things. But the point is they damaged her property and that should not be done. Was it necessary for her to give it over to them like that? She couldn't give a copy?

I will never forget taking Sergey for his drivers license. He did not have his green card yet but it is not needed for a DL in Vermont, only proof you can remain for 180 days or more. He had no SSN yet either because as a a K-2 you do not get one until you have a green card.

Anyway the clerk tells him he cannot get a drivers license because he has no green card and no SSN. BULLSH*T! I asked for a supervisor and she came and explained he COULD get a drivers license and the clerk was visibly PO'd at me for demanding a supervisor instead of just "doing as I was told"

So while I waited for Sergey to take his test another woman, a foreign K-1 wife of a US citizen, comes in and the SAME clerk tells her she could not get a license because she had no SSN!!!!!!!!!!! I caught the woman in the hallway and told her to go back in there and ask for a supervisor, She did and she got HER license also!

They are the same all over Kip, that is why I do not want the government involved in anything if we can avoid it.

They require a notarized copy of birth certificate, notarized copy of state ID or drivers license, etc...along with proof of how long you have lived in Alaska. I knew they wouldn't know what an Apostille was so I told her to put a note on her birth certificate, which she did and they still fckd it up.

Requirement to be an Alaska state employee is that you must have a clean police record, an IQ of a peanut, and weigh a minimum of 300+ lbs while having a bad attitude. They have the gravy jobs, get paid well, work in a heated office, get every holiday off imagined and they totally suck.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

They require a notarized copy of birth certificate, notarized copy of state ID or drivers license, etc...along with proof of how long you have lived in Alaska. I knew they wouldn't know what an Apostille was so I told her to put a note on her birth certificate, which she did and they still fckd it up.

Requirement to be an Alaska state employee is that you must have a clean police record, an IQ of a peanut, and weigh a minimum of 300+ lbs while having a bad attitude. They have the gravy jobs, get paid well, work in a heated office, get every holiday off imagined and they totally suck.

We were visiting the state capital one day when they let out for the day. There are several government buildings all in one place there and it is a minor flood in a city of 8000 people. Alla said "Wow, they are all kind of fat" I said "yes, they are paid by the pound"

Making appointments with them just gets me all worked up, There is one woman at the Department of Labor I have been trying to get hold of since September. She is never there, never at her phone. Her voice mail says when she will be in each each week but she is never there even then! And then they assign some stuff to her and she is the ONLY PERSON ON EARTH that can do this, but she is never there! Vermont has its own OSHA, called VOSHA (it took 8 government employees 11 months and 4 meetings to come up with that name) and she handles the program where contractors volunteer for safety inspections, called "project worksafe" The idea is that if you INVITE them to come to your site they will do an inspection and NOT fine you if they find any violations, just give you a warning and write up to fix the problem. If they do their surprise inspoections and find violatiosn you get fined. I have been trying to get us in this program and this woman is never there but I MUST see her! :girlwerewolf2xn:

I want to just crack up laughing whenever we have a meeting and then they will always say "OK when will we get together again to discuss this?" They all get out there Blackberries or WTFever it is they use to keep track of their meetings and it takes them another half hour to determine the only time they can all get back together again is August 4, 2016 Effin meetings, all they ever do is determine that "the problem is worse than we thought and we need another meeting"

I am so effin' glad I can usually ditch those meetings and only work 25 hours a week as a consultant/inspector/project manager. Usually they get some other young puke with a blackberry to go to that nonsense. I hate the meetings and they hate me and I work at keeping it that way.

Gary And Alla

We were visiting the state capital one day when they let out for the day. There are several government buildings all in one place there and it is a minor flood in a city of 8000 people. Alla said "Wow, they are all kind of fat" I said "yes, they are paid by the pound"

Making appointments with them just gets me all worked up, There is one woman at the Department of Labor I have been trying to get hold of since September. She is never there, never at her phone. Her voice mail says when she will be in each each week but she is never there even then! And then they assign some stuff to her and she is the ONLY PERSON ON EARTH that can do this, but she is never there! Vermont has its own OSHA, called VOSHA (it took 8 government employees 11 months and 4 meetings to come up with that name) and she handles the program where contractors volunteer for safety inspections, called "project worksafe" The idea is that if you INVITE them to come to your site they will do an inspection and NOT fine you if they find any violations, just give you a warning and write up to fix the problem. If they do their surprise inspoections and find violatiosn you get fined. I have been trying to get us in this program and this woman is never there but I MUST see her! :girlwerewolf2xn:

I want to just crack up laughing whenever we have a meeting and then they will always say "OK when will we get together again to discuss this?" They all get out there Blackberries or WTFever it is they use to keep track of their meetings and it takes them another half hour to determine the only time they can all get back together again is August 4, 2016 Effin meetings, all they ever do is determine that "the problem is worse than we thought and we need another meeting"

I am so effin' glad I can usually ditch those meetings and only work 25 hours a week as a consultant/inspector/project manager. Usually they get some other young puke with a blackberry to go to that nonsense. I hate the meetings and they hate me and I work at keeping it that way.

We have that same program here...Alaska's version of OSHA and the same invite thing were they come out and inspect, don't fine, and give you X amount of days to fix the problem. The thing with that is they never make it out when they are suppose to, and chances are they will never come back to see for themselves to see if the fixes have been fixed. It's just another waste of tax payer $$$. And as far as those inspectors go...there's a few good ones, but most of them are either goobers who couldn't cut it in the construction trades so they got some gravy inspector job for the state or feds, or some young college punk who wants to make a name for themselves even though they don't have a clue most of the time at what their looking at and or what it's called. Like no clue.

And the meetings to make more meeting you speak of.....office jockeys love that #######. It's like it's a reason for them to have a job and make them feel like their important (needed) even though a monkey in a suit could do the same job for less if they knew how to work an ipad to post another meeting in their reminder/schedule folder.

We used to have a bit of fun back in the day with those safety inspectors. We would take them up 100+ ft in a man lift, drop it as fast as we could 50ft and let off on the control switch and watch them bounce 2ft off the floor of the bucket. Their faces would get white as a sheet and I even had one lose it and puke all over. After that the inspection is always over. They take a few minutes to get their nerves back before they drive off in their rental.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

And to think those are the same type of clowns that will be knee-deep in health care Obama care

decisions. Just imagine what a f*cking mess health care will become when the federal clown show

gets involved.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have that same program here...Alaska's version of OSHA and the same invite thing were they come out and inspect, don't fine, and give you X amount of days to fix the problem. The thing with that is they never make it out when they are suppose to, and chances are they will never come back to see for themselves to see if the fixes have been fixed. It's just another waste of tax payer $$. And as far as those inspectors go...there's a few good ones, but most of them are either goobers who couldn't cut it in the construction trades so they got some gravy inspector job for the state or feds, or some young college punk who wants to make a name for themselves even though they don't have a clue most of the time at what their looking at and or what it's called. Like no clue.

And the meetings to make more meeting you speak of.....office jockeys love that #######. It's like it's a reason for them to have a job and make them feel like their important (needed) even though a monkey in a suit could do the same job for less if they knew how to work an ipad to post another meeting in their reminder/schedule folder.

We used to have a bit of fun back in the day with those safety inspectors. We would take them up 100+ ft in a man lift, drop it as fast as we could 50ft and let off on the control switch and watch them bounce 2ft off the floor of the bucket. Their faces would get white as a sheet and I even had one lose it and puke all over. After that the inspection is always over. They take a few minutes to get their nerves back before they drive off in their rental.

In the Marine Corps, we would say the "brass is having a meeting to determine when to have a meeting."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

In the Marine Corps, we would say the "brass is having a meeting to determine when to have a meeting."

That's about it to. I mean it's like they don't actually have a job that means anything so they make meetings in order to look like they have something to do. The worst ones are the fresh out of college types that want to change the world. I mean they have called us in for these so called "seminars" and it was all we could do to keep for either laughing or falling asleep. I don't know what they teach these kids in school these days but whatever it is it isn't working.

They should make them work out in the field for a minimum of one year before they put them behind a desk. That way they get some actual on the job experience.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"I have called you all here to report that I have nothing to say, si man and no man."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

And to think those are the same type of clowns that will be knee-deep in health care Obama care

decisions. Just imagine what a f*cking mess health care will become when the federal clown show

gets involved.

Why do you think I am against it? The scary thing is that state government is usually about 500 times more efficient than federal government. And I live in a state where the capital is 30 minutes drive from the biggest city, the Governor sits in his office with the door open, and nearly everyone has personal acquaitance with at least one of US Senators, yet it can still take MONTHS and MONTHS for one state government agency to give a permit to another state government agency to build a state government project!

People who whine about the I-129f have no effin' clue, I am telling you! USCIS is like Fedex compared to other government agencies.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

That's about it to. I mean it's like they don't actually have a job that means anything so they make meetings in order to look like they have something to do. The worst ones are the fresh out of college types that want to change the world. I mean they have called us in for these so called "seminars" and it was all we could do to keep for either laughing or falling asleep. I don't know what they teach these kids in school these days but whatever it is it isn't working.

They should make them work out in the field for a minimum of one year before they put them behind a desk. That way they get some actual on the job experience.

I am old and good at what I do or else they would have thrown my @ss out years ago because I do not suffer fools at all. I usually simply ditch these cluster goat-schtups because I know what will happen and save everyone the trouble. They long ago gave up asking where I was when I don't show up, I send a report instead. They can call me if they have a question I can answer.

I occasionally get stuck in one of those messes and it invariably turns out bad. There was some bubble brained government chick in one 2 weeks ago that could not say three words in a row without saying "like" or "um" "Well, its like, um, sort of like, well, like I dropped my Iphone and now, like, I have no, like, email, or even, like, um, texting." I just looked at her and said (out loud) "And to think people have difficulty understanding my wife because of her Russian accent, can we, like, discuss something relevent now?" :blink:

Of course, I will be the one they consider rude. NOT the one that sucks up our tax dollars in a useless position who no doubt has a Bachelor's degree from one of our state's finest institutions of higher learning in Liberal Arts and cannot form a simple utterance in English, no, SHE isn't rude, I am rude. She wastes 8 or 10 people's time with incoherent babbling about nothing. She could be sucked out of the room and no one would know the difference and she really has no reason to exist, not even an imaginary one...but I am rude?

And another thing while we are at it...When did it become Ok to give bad information and guess at sh*t? I mean these turds sit there and give incorrect answers, incorrect information and if I say something like "That is not correct, it is actually..." then you get this :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

#######? Why? "Sally is my friend and you made Sally look bad in front of her boss." I made Sally look bad? "We should build the effin' foundation in the WRONG PLACE because Sally has the freakin' blueprints upside down, doesn't know ####### a scale is for and we don't want to make her look bad?" Sally should do the world a favor and go work at Dunkin' Donuts.

Working in Ukraine ruined me. I have had difficulty dealing with incoherent, shallow, meaningless bullsh*t ever since.

Oh, and don't forget "have a Nice Effin' Day!" :lol:

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I mean they have called us in for these so called "seminars" and it was all we could do to keep for either laughing or falling asleep.

Reach down and pull hairs out of your leg, it will keep you from falling asleep.

All kids age 18, should be conscripted and serve a two year apprenticship in construction in Ukraine. They will never complain about anything again, except stupid people. :lol:

Gary And Alla

They have the gravy jobs, get paid well, work in a heated office, get every holiday off imagined and they totally suck.

They're doing more work than you.

If you want to complain about people doing nothing for free money, look in the mirror.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

They're doing more work than you.

If you want to complain about people doing nothing for free money, look in the mirror.

Most all the guys in our local other than the year round maintenance workers are on unemployment this time of year. My employer paid into it, I pay taxes on it (Alaska is one of three states to do so), and chances are I'l be on unemployment this time next year along with just about everyone else in the hall.

Now I could always get a low paying year around job like a rent a cop or tire salesman and move myself and my wife to someplace in the lower 48 where the cost of living is low, like an apartment in the ghetto but that's not how I roll. I respect my wife and myself too much for that. :)

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

I work for the Federal Governtment (true) and I wanted to address some of the comments made here. Oh, wait a minute....It's time for my break...Carry on....

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.