together2love

K1 Visa in Hand!

16 posts in this topic

So, I have finally reached the end of the K1 paperwork and stress :dance: I had my interview in Vancouver this past wednesday and it was eventful to say the least. My fiance came with me and good thing he did! I was a wreck the morning of the interview but once I stepped into the consulate, I was back to calm (for the most part) :whistle: . My fiance was all worried that all the people lined up outside waiting to get their turn through security were going to beat us up when we just trotted right up to the front without waiting in line :lol:. But because VJ kept me one up in the game I knew we were good to go with cutting in and heading right to the front with my interview letter!

First of all, congratulations! Second of all.. i have a question.. we can cut in the crowd? I'll do a K3 interview later (when I get approved.. haha) and am just gathering some info in regards to the vancouver embassy... If i have a K3 letter I can actually cut in? is that true? or should i just line up with the rest of the crew?

I would try to go right up to security with your letter 1st without waiting in line, the worst they can do is send you to the appropriate line. Good luck!!

great news! Congratulations! :dance:

So, what kind of organization is required? I thought we just had to have our original documents and copies, affidavit of support, and proof of relationship? Everything I have fits into a clear plastic folder. Y'all are making me nervous!

Well, I brought photocopies with all originals of everything, so that is what took up so much room. Plus, I even stuffed my photo album in there too. They didn't want any copies of the affidavit of support and supporting docs (except the W2) FYI. Good luck though. They are SO nice!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.