jasal

Timeline Percentages

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Is that compiled from VJ timleines or Gary's list. Gary weeds out all the duplications and members who have not been active / abandoned VJ.

The stats are slowly getting better for March and April. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Is that compiled from VJ timleines or Gary's list. Gary weeds out all the duplications and members who have not been active / abandoned VJ.

:yes: Gary's List. I just take what he's complied and do the math for percentages.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

:yes: Gary's List. I just take what he's complied and do the math for percentages.

Hmmm...I'm getting different numbers than you...

If we're talking about the list posted this morning, I get the following, more encouraging percentages for approvals:

March=85.9%

April=87.5%

May=76.4%

June=52.7%

July=58.8%

August=16.6%

I've double-counted to be sure of my numbers. Are you sure you're using the list for this week? The one that was just released this morning, jasal...? :unsure:

Edited by Kirsten L

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

.... either way, that fact that March, April, and May have anything other 100% next to them is just plain WRONG!! :angry:

It's really a shame that CSC hasn't been able to knock-out those files by now!!

And even though I DO have my NOA2, I'm beginning to feel frustrated all over again for those who filed so much longer before me, and haven't been approved yet.

To all of those from March, April and May .... you're in my thoughts and prayers!! ;)

6/29 - NEW I-129 mailed to CSC

7/21 - NOA1 issued

9/21 - finally ... my first touch!!

9/21 - NOA2 issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wanthimhere, while understand your feeling a little blue over later filings being approved, keep in mind that some of these apps not approved yet very well may have some issues we are unsure of. So the fact that there are cases still open from the spring doesn't surprise me. I hope you move along quickly and all turns out well.

Doug

I-130

2006 09 06 Mailed I-130

2006 09 07 Rec'd at CA Center

2006 09 13 I-130 NOA1 receipt date

2006 11 22 NOA2, approved

2007 02 15 Case complete at NVC

2007 02 21 Case forwarded to Bogota Embassy

2007 02 23 Case received at Embassy

2007 04 12 Interview,VISA GRANTED

I-751- Removing Conditions

2009 04 08 Overnight Application

2009 04 09 Rec'd Application at CSC

2009 04 17 Rec'd NOA

2009 05 10 Called CSC - No Biometrix letter, 45 day Inquiry starts

2009 05 18 Made Info Pass appointment for June 2

2009 05 26 Rec'd response and copy of Bio Appt letter dated May 14, Appt on May 28

2009 05 27 Biometrix-walked in a day early and completed appointment

2009 06 01 Approved Conditions Removed (rec'd Congratulations letter on June 9)

2009 06 12 Touched but nothing changed on USCIS website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would help if you would post your methodology.

I'll glad that you're allowed to post here. When I do my stats, they seem to get moved off to a corner of VJ - often to consulates or USCIS. I hope this post doesn't get moved.

I also share the concern about the March, April, May and June folks who have not yet been cleared. While a few many have an RFE that has not been returned, I suspect that almost all have done all they should, and do not deserve to still be waiting. I hope they are ALL cleared in the new few weeks.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline

I'll glad that you're allowed to post here. When I do my stats, they seem to get moved off to a corner of VJ - often to consulates or USCIS. I hope this post doesn't get moved.

I also share the concern about the March, April, May and June folks who have not yet been cleared. While a few many have an RFE that has not been returned, I suspect that almost all have done all they should, and do not deserve to still be waiting. I hope they are ALL cleared in the new few weeks.

Tom

I can tell you my methodology. It's straightforward, basic math...

From Gary's new list this morning, I counted the total number of listed cases for each month. Then I counted the total number of cleared cases for each month. I then divided the number of cleared cases for a given month by the number of total cases for that same month to arrive at a percentage of cleared cases.

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tom

I can tell you my methodology. It's straightforward, basic math...

From Gary's new list this morning, I counted the total number of listed cases for each month. Then I counted the total number of cleared cases for each month. I then divided the number of cleared cases for a given month by the number of total cases for that same month to arrive at a percentage of cleared cases.

:whistle: Exactly! Except I apparently used some of Gary's "older" data. Thanks for your corrected update.

Timeline
:whistle: Exactly! Except I apparently used some of Gary's "older" data. Thanks for your corrected update.

:D I had a feeling that's what must have happened. No problem, jasal!! Glad to be of help!! :thumbs:

Edited by Kirsten L

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Wanthimhere, while understand your feeling a little blue over later filings being approved, keep in mind that some of these apps not approved yet very well may have some issues we are unsure of. So the fact that there are cases still open from the spring doesn't surprise me. I hope you move along quickly and all turns out well.

Doug

Ahemm, no nothing special about me. No reason for me to be made to wait 200+ days :) Yes, I have just replied to an RFE but they took about 190 days to pick up my file and send me the RFE.

From what I can tell there is no rhyme or reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.