Henia

Things you caught yourself doing since being with your SO

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Esalaam/Salut/Hello everyone (F)

In light of this week's bad mood and finally reaching 1000 posts (hmmm I donnow why I am so happy about that...O snaps O yea cos someone told me i can write a little message above my little heart....Hmm still have not figured out how to do that thou)

Well anyway I caught myself this morning doing something I thought I would never do in my life...actually something I said I would never do... Asking that dreaded question to my husband: How do I look?

And I thought it would a funny and amusing post to cheer everyone up who is waiting for approvals, cranky cos fasting and generally needing a laugh! :D

So I will start:

Asking "How do I look?"

Collected shopping bags (uhhh my mum used to do that and I hated that...now I find myself collecting them for food storage here LoL)

Putting on makeup (LoL aaaaaand just for around the home LoL)

Ironing all "his" clothes with precise creases

Worrying , will he like the food

Thinking, when will he come already?

Arranging the home, like thousands, never thinking it quite "right"

Changing my clothes at least 4 times before he arrives

Caughting myself staring at him

Actually spending more then 5min getting ready

Looking in the mirror for long periods of time making sure everything is alright looking

Waking up at 4am just to iron his shirt for work

Smiling ear to ear when he walks in the door

Buying everything he likes to eat, manna of course at the market and not thinking at the cost (o snaps I am generally so cheap)

Hmmm the list seems long enough...but surely I could think of more werid things I have caught myself doing!

In light of this week's bad mood and finally reaching 1000 posts (hmmm I donnow why I am so happy about that...O snaps O yea cos someone told me i can write a little message above my little heart....Hmm still have not figured out how to do that thou)

Well anyway I caught myself this morning doing something I thought I would never do in my life...actually something I said I would never do... Asking that dreaded question to my husband: How do I look?

And I thought it would a funny and amusing post to cheer everyone up who is waiting for approvals, cranky cos fasting and generally needing a laugh! :D

So I will start:

Asking "How do I look?"

Collected shopping bags (uhhh my mum used to do that and I hated that...now I find myself collecting them for food storage here LoL)

Looking in the mirror for long periods of time making sure everything is alright looking

Buying everything he likes to eat, manna of course at the market and not thinking at the cost (o snaps I am generally so cheap)

Hmmm the list seems long enough...but surely I could think of more werid things I have caught myself doing!

that is wonderful... you want your man to be happy...

Timeline

So I will start:

Asking "How do I look?"

that is wonderful... you want your man to be happy...

Ye I guess I do...normally I donnot give a rat's *** about these like that. :lol: Hmmm seems Algerie and its bling has rubbed off on Henia ... Hmmm am I slowly evolving into the *fake* Mz. Thang (double snaps on that one) my husband seems to enjoy to watch in the music clips?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I will start:

Asking "How do I look?"

I've done alot of those too, Henia! But I don't iron his clothes because I always tell him to put them out the night before so I can iron them, but he always says that they don't need ironing, so I don't.

Things I find myself doing:

Cleaning the bathroom even though that is his chore

Calling him just to say hi

Calling to ask what time he'll be home even though I know what time

Grocery shopping for more healthier things

Enjoying my time in the kitchen

Loving coming home after work

Not letting him off the phone until he says "I love you." because if something happens to him or me, I want the last thing said to be "I love you." (Does that make sense?)

One that my husband says I do: I have been dressing nicer and putting pride into how I look. (I used to wear sweatpants and t-shirts and whatever I was comfortable in. Now I wear jeans, dressy pants, and dressy shirts. But you can't get me out of my sneakers! :D )

I know there are many other things I have caught myself doing, but I can't think of them right now.

Have a good day!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

So I will start:

Asking "How do I look?"

I've done alot of those too, Henia! But I don't iron his clothes because I always tell him to put them out the night before so I can iron them, but he always says that they don't need ironing, so I don't.

Things I find myself doing:

Cleaning the bathroom even though that is his chore

Calling him just to say hi

Calling to ask what time he'll be home even though I know what time

Grocery shopping for more healthier things

Enjoying my time in the kitchen

Loving coming home after work

Not letting him off the phone until he says "I love you." because if something happens to him or me, I want the last thing said to be "I love you." (Does that make sense?)

One that my husband says I do: I have been dressing nicer and putting pride into how I look. (I used to wear sweatpants and t-shirts and whatever I was comfortable in. Now I wear jeans, dressy pants, and dressy shirts. But you can't get me out of my sneakers! :D )

I know there are many other things I have caught myself doing, but I can't think of them right now.

Have a good day!

Awwwwwww isn't love grande? Snaps... to think we are all doing things before our SO we would not have dreamed of doing...let alone doing WITH PLEASURE :lol:

Timeline
Awwwwwww isn't love grande? Snaps... to think we are all doing things before our SO we would not have dreamed of doing...let alone doing WITH PLEASURE :lol:

I know it's crazy! I used to go out all the time. Go to the diner, to the waterfront, go salsa dancing, and just down in the city. I did those thing up to our marriage in February, now I like to come home and just be. What's happened to me?! :lol::help::lol: But no, I love being in my apartment! I think I used to go out all the time because I was at my dad's and there was nothing to do at the house. Oh well! I have no complaints!

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

11/21/06- EAD approved

Timeline
I'm cooking!!!! I have not cooked like this ever in my life before! And my family is even sitting around the table eating which we have NEVER done before.
Wow MashAllah great to hear that... I am much moe of a homebody then I was before... I am so content now at home, as before I would get ants in my pants if I was home more then 3 hours. :lol:

Timeline
I'm cooking!!!! I have not cooked like this ever in my life before! And my family is even sitting around the table eating which we have NEVER done before.
Wow MashAllah great to hear that... I am much moe of a homebody then I was before... I am so content now at home, as before I would get ants in my pants if I was home more then 3 hours. :lol:

Once when I was in D.C. I sat on an ant hill and had ants in my pants! It wasn't fun! All the people in the van laughed and laughed! I was crying like a baby and I refused to talk to anyone after that! But now that I look back on it, it was really funny! :lol:

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

11/21/06- EAD approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Drinking tea. I never liked tea before drinking it in Egypt. Now I'm more of a tea conisoure than my husband. He's content with lipton tea bags, while I search for the best loose teas and brew them in my special tea pot.

be%2066%20i.jpg

Cleaning more than once a month. I'm a slob, I'll admit it. Husband does not like messes.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Drinking tea. I never liked tea before drinking it in Egypt. Now I'm more of a tea conisoure than my husband. He's content with lipton tea bags, while I search for the best loose teas and brew them in my special tea pot.

be%2066%20i.jpg

Cleaning more than once a month. I'm a slob, I'll admit it. Husband does not like messes.

O yea good ones Rahma... I was before an occasional tea drinker and one cup in the morning coffee drinker...but since being here I have learned the secret method :lol: And my husband too, ops for just the Lipton tea bags...while I am like, noooo noooo nooo honey I have to sip the loose tea leaves, then add the mint leaves in the glass... He just looks at me strangely. :blush:

Once when I was in D.C. I sat on an ant hill and had ants in my pants! It wasn't fun! All the people in the van laughed and laughed! I was crying like a baby and I refused to talk to anyone after that! But now that I look back on it, it was really funny! :lol:

You crack me up Janine

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know it's crazy! I used to go out all the time. Go to the diner, to the waterfront, go salsa dancing, and just down in the city. I did those thing up to our marriage in February, now I like to come home and just be. What's happened to me?! :lol::help::lol: But no, I love being in my apartment! I think I used to go out all the time because I was at my dad's and there was nothing to do at the house. Oh well! I have no complaints!

Oh man, Salsa dancing! It took a hell of a lot to get me to give that one up, but I did. Of course now I see my A$$ getting bigger from doing nothing but sitting on it all day!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Henia, poor some mint tea for me too please! Well, it's not time to break fast yet. So, i have to wait. But my mint in my backyard is half dead already!!!

Where's my tea glass? I'll drink it cold, thank you.

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Things ive caught myself doing...

Definitly cooking every night, and im not satisfied unless i know he has a full stomach...

Calling him for no reason (i always have to make up an excuse just to hear his voice)

Learning a new sentence or two, or something about islam, and make a point to tell him, so i know how proud he is of me

going to the store to strictly buy some new clothes for myself, and end up coming home with more for him than myself...the man can never have too many jeans or shirts.

putting his work clothes out the night before, so he has extra time to snooz in the morning

packing his lunch, and making sure he eats all of it....i need a healthy boy!

i never ever think about myself anymore...and its bad, but i just cant help it, he comes first, which works out great in the long run, cause i always come first for him, so we both have everything we need :)

knowing i cannot sleep unless the dishes are done, and we have had tea or coffee....which was never an issue before...i use to be a very sloppy lazy girl!

making sure he has 10$ in his wallet daily...(yes im the breadwinner as we speak) so he can have pop or juice to drink at work.

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Timeline
Things ive caught myself doing...

Definitly cooking every night, and im not satisfied unless i know he has a full stomach...

Calling him for no reason (i always have to make up an excuse just to hear his voice)

Learning a new sentence or two, or something about islam, and make a point to tell him, so i know how proud he is of me

going to the store to strictly buy some new clothes for myself, and end up coming home with more for him than myself...the man can never have too many jeans or shirts.

putting his work clothes out the night before, so he has extra time to snooz in the morning

packing his lunch, and making sure he eats all of it....i need a healthy boy!

i never ever think about myself anymore...and its bad, but i just cant help it, he comes first, which works out great in the long run, cause i always come first for him, so we both have everything we need :)

knowing i cannot sleep unless the dishes are done, and we have had tea or coffee....which was never an issue before...i use to be a very sloppy lazy girl!

making sure he has 10$ in his wallet daily...(yes im the breadwinner as we speak) so he can have pop or juice to drink at work.

Awwwwwwwwwww so sweet :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.