ANDRES_MARINEL

port of entry

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
is Puerto Rico a port of entry of the United States?

No, POE would be a place within any of the 50 states and does not include any of its territories (PR, US VI or Guam)

YMMV

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

No, POE would be a place within any of the 50 states and does not include any of its territories (PR, US VI or Guam)

Of course its a POE. Been thru there several times. You come from a foreign country, you clear immigration and customs. Otherwise ppl could come into PR and take a domestic flight into the mainland without clearing immigration.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Of course its a POE. Been thru there several times. You come from a foreign country, you clear immigration and customs. Otherwise ppl could come into PR and take a domestic flight into the mainland without clearing immigration.

Is your answer is contradictory? You say it is a POE to the US but then you say that you cannot enter PR and then take a domestic flight to the US mainland. The issue at hand is exactly that. You cannot enter PR and then take a domestic flight to the mainland. When you leave PR and fly to the mainland, you will clear immigration and customs again upon arrival. Right? or am I misreading something.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Acording to the US Customs Agency Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands are ports of entry, not pre-clearance, but full blown customs locations. Teritories like Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands are considered US Soil.

These locations are considered to be POEs

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (Rafael Hernandez Airport)

Fajardo, Puerto Rico (Diego Jimenez Torres Airport)

Isla Verde, Puerto Rico (Luis Munoz Marin International Airport)

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico (Eugenio Maria de Hostos Airport)

Ponce, Puerto Rico (Mercedita Airport)

San Juan, Puerto Rico (Luis Munoz Marin International Airport)

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/ports/

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbo...ports_entry.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is your answer is contradictory? You say it is a POE to the US but then you say that you cannot enter PR and then take a domestic flight to the US mainland. The issue at hand is exactly that. You cannot enter PR and then take a domestic flight to the mainland. When you leave PR and fly to the mainland, you will clear immigration and customs again upon arrival. Right? or am I misreading something.

Puerto Rico is the POE, when you then fly to the mainland, you wont have to go through customs at the domestic airport. The reason for this is because Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands are vacation destinations for many US citizens with flights to and from from all over the USA from airports that are not Ports of Entry, the vacationing US Citizens are not required to have passports, and would have problems returning to the USA.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

San Juan IS a POE. Flying from San Juan to US or backwards is a domestic flight. I'll do my POE at San Juan in just 2 weeks. I'm flying out of Brasil, making a connection in Panama and then straight to San Juan. I've done Miami-San Juan and San Juan-Miami and didn't go through customs.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

??? youre misreading something. I said it is a port of entry. All flights to the mainland are domestic flights. You come to PR from a foreign country...you will clear customs and immigration in San Juan.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.