tweety&irv

processing times

76 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If there are back logs of files uscis should have persons personally to deal with that. The files they recieve recent should not have to wait until they have finish with there back logs because this is messing with the timeline for persons. It is unfair to file my petition and my five or six months has past and i have to wait on uscis to finish with there back logs before they can deal with the recents filers.......Something needs to be done about this. This is very bad service......persons wants to be with their love ones.....this is foolishness :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If there are back logs of files uscis should have persons personally to deal with that. The files they recieve recent should not have to wait until they have finish with there back logs because this is messing with the timeline for persons. It is unfair to file my petition and my five or six months has past and i have to wait on uscis to finish with there back logs before they can deal with the recents filers.......Something needs to be done about this. This is very bad service......persons wants to be with their love ones.....this is foolishness :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

write them a letter of complaint... in fact write 5,000 letters of complaint and send them to every member of congress and any one else you can think of. it wont make a bit of difference but by the time you are done writing all the letters you should of gotten approved

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

And isn't it selfish and self centered of you, to think that YOURS should be processed ahead of the many people that files a month or months before you files?

i think it is mean and very unfair that USCIS dont put the OP's case to the top of the pile... the OP is obviously far more important and deserving than any one else that submits a petition :bonk:

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

from your timeline...

:unsure: I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-21 :unsure:

The system is flawed, but it is what we have. You are complaining about the backlog; someone else has complained about someone who filed two months after they did getting their approval before they did. Some think the waiting is on purpose as it tests the validity of the relationship. All I can say is you have decided to go this route and must play by the rules that USCIS has in place. At every turn in this process there will be waiting. Waiting of the petition to be approved; waiting for the interview to be scheduled; waiting for the visa to be issued; waiting at the POE to enter the US; waiting for your AOS; waiting for your ROC; waiting for naturalization (if you go that far). If you are this stressed at this stage, then I can only image it will get worse. All I can say is hang in there and if it is something you really want it will happen.

Relax,

Dave

Timeline

We all understand the process is frustrating and slow and the time apart is brutal. Trust that.

But if you are this mad one month in, I worry for you. (F)

The system is flawed, but it is what we have. You are complaining about the backlog; someone else has complained about someone who filed two months after they did getting their approval before they did. Some think the waiting is on purpose as it tests the validity of the relationship. All I can say is you have decided to go this route and must play by the rules that USCIS has in place. At every turn in this process there will be waiting. Waiting of the petition to be approved; waiting for the interview to be scheduled; waiting for the visa to be issued; waiting at the POE to enter the US; waiting for your AOS; waiting for your ROC; waiting for naturalization (if you go that far). If you are this stressed at this stage, then I can only image it will get worse. All I can say is hang in there and if it is something you really want it will happen.

Relax,

Dave

Well said!

And in all that waiting life is still happening!!

Live! Give thanks for each and every day. It is one day closer...

from your timeline...

:unsure: I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-21 :unsure:

Not even a month since NOA1. Wow...

OP, files are processed at the gate in the order they arrive. There are many who are in the line ahead of you, and are waiting, and have been for months. Why ought people who have just filed be ahead of those who filed months ago and are still waiting? I don't understand your logic.

Will this angry statement hold true, in say 6 months time when your file is part of the backlog, would you be perfectly happy then for filers a few weeks old to be processed in front of you, given that you've been waiting?

As others have said, this journey takes a great deal of patience. Other than wait there is nothing you can do to speed the process up.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

(F)~Patience is not the ability to wait, but how you act while you're waiting~ (F)

You can see from my profile that my husband and I have been through the ringer! :wacko:

May 2012 will be 3 years since I filed our initial Fiance' petition...

Yes, it is not entirely the embassy or the process that has caused our struggle, but it has been a struggle none the same. Tweety, focus on the things you DO have to be thankful for, and pray your journey is a smooth one without the obstacles some people have to face. Yes, the standard processing times are hard, but you don't even want to face a denial, let alone TWO! :crying: Build on your bond and strengthen your union. Gather evidence of your relationships validity, and save your money! The road is long but there is much to do on the way!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am deeply sorry if you guys think i am selfish and yes it is not a month as yet but all i am trying to say is that they should have persons working on the backlogs and different persons working on the recent one therefore they would not have to go over the processing time they should meet. I know i have a long wait and i am not only thinking about me but other persons who petition is backlog and have not recieve their NOA2 as yet. Cause if you think about it when its my time to be approve i would be back log too cause they are still trying to finish the ones they had before. I am just trying to be logically.They need different persons to do that thats all i am saying.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

yeah, oh well, i have been waiting for 5 months and 2 weeks now. so i called them up and learned that they sent me a RFE last week. i guess they are going very slow. it took them 5 months plus to send me a RFE. oh well...i will go and look at my fish tank now. relax is the key. haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lol yeh i guess i SHOULD have my NOA2 since i filed DEC.16!! >:/

but i CAN wait timeline says end of March to June 7.. thats fine w. me :)

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Jamaica

I-130 Sent :2011-12-14

I-130 NOA1 :2011-12-16

I-130 RFE :2012-06-18

I-130 RFE Sent :2012-06-25

I-130 Approved :2012-08-06

NVC Received :2012-08-06

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill :2012-09-06

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-09-06

Receive I-864 Package :2012-09-06

Return Completed I-864 :2012-09-10

Return Completed DS-3032 :2012-09-06

Receive IV Bill :2012-09-20

Pay IV Bill :2012-09-22

Case Completed at NVC :2012-10-04

Packet 4 Received :2012-10-12

Interview Date :2012-11-13

Interview Result :APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
all i am trying to say is that they should have persons working on the backlogs and different persons working on the recent one therefore they would not have to go over the processing time they should meet. I know i have a long wait and i am not only thinking about me but other persons who petition is backlog and have not recieve their NOA2 as yet.

why not just have everybody working as a TEAM TO KNOCK THEM ALL OUT.. i am sure its a NEVER ENDING battle.. ..

besides.. maybe they were short staffed due to holidays.. :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are people over 7 months waiting. Yes, it would be wonderful if there were enough people trained, and hired to handle the backlog. What you see on this site is only a VERY small percentage of the 3000+ petitions received at a service center in a month. If there is a language issue, all documents must be translated, and certified. Each country has DIFFERENT method of documenting birth certificates (if one can be found), marriages, divorces, and so on. Some countries have political upheaval that takes precedence over our tiny lives. Someone who has not being doing adjudication for a while may not understand what makes the documentation (translated to English) valid. The names are put through several databases. A background check is done. This is to prevent visa fraud, especially from high fraud countries with websites set up to let you dial-a-fiance/ee. Now add in paperwork that is missing information, evidence, incorrectly completed, assuming it is in English and can be verified as valid and legal documentation. Yes.. that's right.. add RFE time on top of that. Now you have a backlog of exceptions as well your piece of 3k new petitions.

Something does need to be done. But it won't happen overnight. Training the adjudicators is a constant process with so many foreign countries represented.

So, grab a hot chocolate, lace it with peppermint schnapps, and settle down for a wait. Use this time to gather additional documentation of relationship, save up money for medical, travel, shipping of personal household goods, and filing AOS. Use this time to save money for the wedding. But please do NOT use this time to selfishly insult those of us who have been waiting more than 6 months as if it were some how OUR fault for the delays!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.