sweetginger

HELP!!! confused about I-797 and I-693

7 posts in this topic

hello! im new in this forum and this is my first post. I'm hoping i'll get a reply from u guys.. well, i've been reading alot here but didn't find anyone who has related with my problems.

I got here in a K-1 visa and got married before my I-94 expire (Oct. 23). Right now, My husband and I are processing my AOS and got some problems on the way... here it goes:

1. i read that we need to submit a copy of I-797 notice of action, approval notice --- what is this and where i can get this?

2. I-693 Vaccination Supplement Form. I got my vaccination record back from the Philippines and in the form it says that i still need to complete Varicella and Td (tetanus-diphtheria)because Td is not currently available in the Philippines. --- I think i'm 4 - 5 weeks pregnant right now and i am wondering if it is ok to have vaccines. If not how can i get the I-693 form from the civil surgeon if my vaccine history is incomplete?

Any suggestions will be a great help to me and to my husband. Thank u in advance...

:help:

weina

Edited by sweetginger

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Jan. 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Feb. 02, 2009 - CSC Received Mailed I-751

Feb. 09, 2009 - NOA1 (I-751 Receipt Notice)

Feb. 13, 2009 - NOA2 (Biometrics Schedule)

Mar. 05, 2009 - Biometrics Done / Touched

Apr. 11, 2009 - Received Congratulatory/Approval Letter (04/07/09)

May 14, 2009 - Touched (Card Production Ordered)

May 20, 2009 - Touched (Approval Notice Sent --- WEIRD)

May 26, 2009 - Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1. i read that we need to submit a copy of I-797 notice of action, approval notice --- what is this and where i can get this?

It's the Notice of Action the petitioner gets in the mail saying the case's been approved. If you don't have it, you can ask for another one, by following these instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/dupapp.htm

I can't help you with question 2. Maybe if you post your question to the AOS forum, you'll get some replies. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Hi Mew! thank u so much for your quick reply. that is a BIG help. Im going to check the link that u sent me and hope to find more answer.. again, thanks

:)

weina

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It's the Notice of Action the petitioner gets in the mail saying the case's been approved. If you don't have it, you can ask for another one, by following these instructions: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/dupapp.htm

I can't help you with question 2. Maybe if you post your question to the AOS forum, you'll get some replies. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

I-797 is your Notice of Action. That comes to you in the mail.

The I-693A: As far as it being incomplete, I would think you might need to go to a CS and find out what to do since you say you think you are pregnant. Not sure what vaccinations are ok when pregnant, so calling to find out might be a good idea.

Best of luck. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

[http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

I-797 is your Notice of Action. That comes to you in the mail.

The I-693A: As far as it being incomplete, I would think you might need to go to a CS and find out what to do since you say you think you are pregnant. Not sure what vaccinations are ok when pregnant, so calling to find out might be a good idea.

Best of luck. :)

Thanks karenCee! I checked my husband files and found the I-797 on our computer drawer. :) He kept all the NOA that he received. But wonder on the validity of the Approval Notice because it says valid from 02/07/2006 to 06/07/2006... I bet its just ok and just want to make sure.

Yeah, i think ur right that's the best thing that i can do... tell the surgeon about my condition and ask what vaccinations are ok with me.

well, those paperworks makes me confuse easily :) anyway..thanks again

weina

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The NOA that you found that says the case's been approved is the one you have to send out. The validity date refers to the process until it reaches the consulate/embassy.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

The NOA that you found that says the case's been approved is the one you have to send out. The validity date refers to the process until it reaches the consulate/embassy.

thanks again Mew!!! :D

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.