doodlebug

Slightly sensitive Muslim topic re: Ramadan :) (ladies only please)

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

assalam alaykum sisters

When you find that you can FINALLY pray and fast, yet it is like 10:30 in the morning and you did have something to eat after fajr, do you keep eating and start fasting tomorrow or can you start fasting now and it will count as a full day?

Thanks.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

You would start fasting the next day and make up that day later. You would have already broken the fast that day plus if you were on your cycle and it didn't end until late morning that means you didn't make the intention to fast that day anyways. You must make the intention to fast everyday before the fast. Just count that day as you are on your cycle and make up all the days at a later date.

Edited by moody

Timeline

Ok thanks!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

similar question... different tangent - i started to fast while on the last couple of days (or few?) of my cycle b/c it was light and I felt ok to do it.... not a problem, eh? I mean, still technically being on my cycle and starting to fast?

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

I dunno about that. I asked in a different forum if I could start fasting yesterday morning but because there was still "something" there I could not. Finally there is nothing so I can at least start praying again and reading the Quran.

Another question.lol. Since the prayers of a fasting person are always answered (i.e. right before breaking the fast)...is there a special prayer that a woman might say so that she doesn't still have her period on the day that she gets married????? :( He and I agreed to pray for this each night but I didn't know if I could just say it outright or if there's a special way to make this request. :blush:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
You can take up to 10 days for your cycle. I don't fast until I'm absolutely sure I'm finished. Mine usually lasts about 5 days total. Oh btw in case anyone here doesn't know this...you must make ghusl after your cycle is finished before you can fast.

Oh I know that since I've made ghusl like three times in the past two days because I "thought" I was done. I've never been so clean in all my life!!! :lol:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I suppose you can make du'a for that. I don't know if there is a specific prayer. I actually planned my trips around my menstrual cycle so I wouldn't have it while I was there. It worked out perfectly except for the fact that I stayed an extra week my first trip so I did get my period that last week. Ah well..

I dunno about that. I asked in a different forum if I could start fasting yesterday morning but because there was still "something" there I could not. Finally there is nothing so I can at least start praying again and reading the Quran.

Another question.lol. Since the prayers of a fasting person are always answered (i.e. right before breaking the fast)...is there a special prayer that a woman might say so that she doesn't still have her period on the day that she gets married????? :( He and I agreed to pray for this each night but I didn't know if I could just say it outright or if there's a special way to make this request. :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

you know you are not supposed to handle the Quran while on your cycle, right?

and for Moody... so have my last 3 days of fasting been in vain? :blink: Will Allah not accept my efforts?

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

and for Moody... so have my last 3 days of fasting been in vain? :blink: Will Allah not accept my efforts?

I know...that's why I said I can finally start praying and reading the Quran now since my period is officially done. :D

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

LOL that's why I wait until I'm completely finished before I do anything. Oh and here's something I didn't learn until years after I started fasting. If you have sexual relations at night during Ramadan you can still start your fast without making ghusl..in the case you fall asleep or something. You just have to make ghusl before noon of the day you're fasting.

You can take up to 10 days for your cycle. I don't fast until I'm absolutely sure I'm finished. Mine usually lasts about 5 days total. Oh btw in case anyone here doesn't know this...you must make ghusl after your cycle is finished before you can fast.

Oh I know that since I've made ghusl like three times in the past two days because I "thought" I was done. I've never been so clean in all my life!!! :lol:

I don't really know about that. I'm not sure if it would still be accepted because you didn't know. I would like to think Allah would still accept it since you didn't know. One year I was having a really screwy period that lasted nearly two weeks. I broke my fast for the 10 days and fasted the other days while still menstruating. I did pray at the time because after 10 days that's no longer your cycle and it's just your body being screwy. I did have to make full wudu each time I prayed..including washing in that area ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm curious about something. I'm wondering how you ladies feel about the implication that you are somehow "unclean" during your period. I know that personally I would have a hard time accepting that, given that it is such a natural and God-given gift. I don't mean to offend, I'm just trying to understand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

asalam alikoum everyone.

I am glad you all are asking these questions. I probably would have never thought to ask them here. I have been talking to my husband about a lot of things. I haven't done Ramadan in at least 12 years since my mother passed away, so there are so many things that I've forgotten and I feel so bad about it. I have been sp stressed out lately, and my cycle is pretty irregular right now its crazy. I dont even know when to expect it. Anywayzzz, thanx for all the information, ladies!!!

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Timeline
I'm curious about something. I'm wondering how you ladies feel about the implication that you are somehow "unclean" during your period. I know that personally I would have a hard time accepting that, given that it is such a natural and God-given gift. I don't mean to offend, I'm just trying to understand.

Well I used to wonder that myself until I read a few things that made me feel good about it.

First and foremost though, once I accepted that Allah is my God and that Muhammed, pbuh, is His messenger, I totally embraced all of Islam, much of which I didn't know but with the reasoning that who am I to want to understand that which He has proclaimed. There could be reasons far beyond the mere human intellect.

Basically though it's not that it is not ok to fast when a woman has her period because she's unclean, but rather after a loss of blood, one is weak and since Allah has mercy on us we don't have to fast, though we do have to make it up.

I tend to think though that there are reasons we have no idea about that will be revealed some day.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.