9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am using DHL to track the petition, I called and they said they send it out Friday, Sept. 22 but I dont see anywhere on the DHL webiste where there was anything send to the embassy. Please if you have any experiences, I would love to know, just to ease my mind a little bit. I hope they dont send it to the wrong place, you know the usual worry things. Thank you very much.

Edited by mary_motalib

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
For DHL I did this:

GO to DHL Worldwide Express website http://www.dhl.com

Select USA

A new page will open

At the top highlight tracking and click on TRACK BY REFERENCE

In the Reference field type CORRESPONDENCE

For the Shipment date you should select a day before and after the date NVC said they sent your file.

Customer number leave blank

Origin Postal code should be 03801

Then Click Track

There are usually more than 1 package sent so track them both.

Thank you very much. I found it just like you said. Im sure you know what I'm going through. We all experience the same...lol. Anyway, thank you again. Good luck to you.

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

actually, you can track by using "correspondence", "IV Section" and "NIV Section" - if I remember correctly (I admit I haven't searched for the posts that will give that info, you can try). I do not recommend trying and tracking with the DHL site. There's no way to know for sure whether the package you find there being sent to the consulate/embassy you'll be going through actually contains your case.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

I agree with Mew.

In my case, I never saw any DHL shipments bound for Jakarta, one week before, or 1 week after the Embassy received it. I received an e-mail advising that the petition had arrived.

DHL tracking gives false hope, because you really don't know which shipment actually contains your case.

actually, you can track by using "correspondence", "IV Section" and "NIV Section" - if I remember correctly (I admit I haven't searched for the posts that will give that info, you can try). I do not recommend trying and tracking with the DHL site. There's no way to know for sure whether the package you find there being sent to the consulate/embassy you'll be going through actually contains your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mew - Could you please give us more detail on the process you recommend? For instance, are you refering to another part of DHL's web site, or are you referring to some other web site? If another site, what one?

Thanks.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline
Mew - Could you please give us more detail on the process you recommend? For instance, are you refering to another part of DHL's web site, or are you referring to some other web site? If another site, what one?

Thanks.

Tom

Same site. Same webpage. Just change the reference.

Also, I don't recommend tracking your case. See my post above.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

New - I would like to know why you feel this way. What do you see as the alternative?

In my case, the lag from NVC approval to receipt of P3 can be 45-150+ days (for China). I doubt too many people on VJ would be confortable not checking their case for 5 months!

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline
New - I would like to know why you feel this way. What do you see as the alternative?

In my case, the lag from NVC approval to receipt of P3 can be 45-150+ days (for China). I doubt too many people on VJ would be confortable not checking their case for 5 months!

Tom

Because there's no way to know for sure whether the package you find there being sent to the consulate/embassy you'll be going through actually contains your case. It'll either give you false hopes or you'll be all stressed because you can't find a shipment sent on the day NVC said your case had been forwarded.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.